Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:34 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,345,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Romney: Teacher contributions to politicians should be limited - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Romney: Teacher contributions to politicians should be limited

(CBS News) Republican nominee Mitt Romney said Tuesday that Democratic politicians have a conflict of interest in dealing with teacher unions because the unions contribute so heavily to their campaigns. He suggested that money should somehow be diverted or cut off, although he did not offer details.

Are we to think that no politician has been influenced by BIG OIL?
All part of the right-wing class warfare. The standard attack method is to destroy the ability of employers to deduct union dues from paychecks, such as in the case of Wisconsin state employees. If they can find a way to destroy Americans' right to contribute to Democratic Party candidates, they will do so. The Bolsheviks and the Nazis were able to succeed at this type of takeover, the latter in a democracy, so perhaps they will employ similar methods. They are already using voter supression and they flexed their muscles of corruption in the 2000 presidential election quite handily. It's good to own the Supreme Court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,345,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Let me get this straight. It's perfectly okay for Romney to sit across the table from people who pay $50,000 a plate to have dinner with him BUT it's not okay for candidates or elected officials to sit across the table from a teacher who donates $10 to $25 to a campaign. If I live to be 100 I'll never understand neo-con logic!
Logic is not a factor in their thinking process.

It is interesting how badly they want oligarchy and their intense hatred of the middle and lower classes.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,621,158 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight. It's perfectly okay for Romney to sit across the table from people who pay $50,000 a plate to have dinner with him BUT it's not okay for candidates or elected officials to sit across the table from a teacher who donates $10 to $25 to a campaign. If I live to be 100 I'll never understand neo-con logic!
Don't try. It's makes much too much sense and is way over the heads of libs. Your wires have to connect to understand.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,843,804 times
Quote:
Wow, how can he say that when so many lobbyist groups have the ear of politicians and give big money to them? What kind of an America would we have if corporations can donate to candidates but teachers and the little guy can't?
I'm not agreeing with this but realize that the largest contributors are topped by unions and lawyers both heavily contributing to Democrats. .

Old 09-25-2012, 06:03 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,843,804 times
Quote:
The difference of course is you have one vote sitting across the table as opposed to 14 million unionized public sector employees.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,698 times
I agree with Romney on this. In fat I think that NO supposed non profit organization should be doing massive campaign donations. ALL donations should be from individuals. Period. And those donations should be posted for all candidates. Obama and Romney. Obama is owned and operated by pharma companies and unions, and he does their bidding.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:46 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,590,047 times
Scratch a neocon and you find a royalist that want to elect a KING once and forever so the Mammon blessd wealthy can rule over all in ome big corporation.

First they elinminate Union cobntributions then they will eliminate any non corporate contributions. Eventually they will limit voting to White financial sucessful and landed males as it was in the good old days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies