Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
I give him points for cleaning up the mess, I just want him to stop talking about working with the Republicans, who created the mess. Haven't heard crazy talk like that lately so that's good.
I absolutely agree with you on that. There is no working with the guys that admitted their only objective was to make him a one term POTUS. Kind of backfired though didn't it?

But, that is one of Obama's stengths...they cannot ruffle his feathers and now that he will not have to worry about being re-elected during his 2nd term. It wii be interesting to see how this plays out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That MUST be the joke of the day!!
Nope already posted on one joke post of the day. Another who feels the recession is over. What the hell are people smoking.

This is in no way a thriving, booming, positive economy, you feel it is, you have major problems.

What are you people going to say, when we actually do have a good economy, booming, thriving, and getting us on the way back to a positive economy.

We are known as a Welfare Country, more people with food stamps, and more people on welfare then any other time, and this is good.

You have a warp sense of what is good and bad.

I live in reality, not a fairy-tale.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Certainly, President Obama belongs there.

But to keep things in perspective, there have only been 20 Presidents since 1900. So "Top 10" is simply "top half". Personally, I think history will kindly judge the President that lead the United States out of the Great Recession, began national health care, got us out of the Iraq debacle and decimated al-Qaeda. I'm just saying that inclusion in "Best 10 out of 20" alone isn't a great achievement (though the top, let's say, four, from that list will be 'great' or 'near great' Presidents, and after we've had a few decades for history to assess all these Presidents, I believe President Obama will probably be in that elite top four).
You realise when we left Iraq, Obama credited Bush for bringing the war to an end with the surge. I also thought your post was until I saw it's recent....how in the world can you say he decimated Al Qaeda when it's becoming evident that they're behind the recent attack in Libya.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
A bit premature, no?

How can you judge a president's legacy when he isn't even halfway done with his presidency...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is simply a poor reflection on Newsweek. I wonder what Pravda thought of Stalin when he was in power?
When Lev Kamenev, Joseph Stalin and former Duma deputy Matvei Muranov returned from Siberian exile on March 12, 1917 they took over the editorial board. Lenin prevailed at the April Party conference, at which point Pravda also condemned the Provisional Government as "counter-revolutionary". From then on, Pravda essentially followed Lenin's editorial stance.

Pravda was the communist's Newsweek

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
A bit premature, no?

How can you judge a president's legacy when he isn't even halfway done with his presidency...
Obama started writing his memoirs in his late twenties. That speaks volumes about how his future was already put in motion over two decades ago.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
LOL

Newsweek

And seriously, this is as bad as giving him a Nobel Peace Prize

Complete idiocy and bias, putting it mildly. Thanks for the laugh. This might was well have been published by The Onion.

Fricking drones
I thought it was an Onion gag when I first saw the headline. lol

Many blind sheep still think Carter was a great president too. They just can't admit they were wrong.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM

465 posts, read 507,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
8 out of 10 "best" presidents were Democrats. LOL. No bias on the part of the loony liberals who picked the "best."

And there have only been 20 presidents since 1900, so I'm not sure being 10th is some sort of ringing endorsement. Also laughable is the fact that Dwight Eisenhower is nowhere to be found on the list.
actually he was at least in the slide show he was the 4th slide which would make him #7 so yes Eisenhower was on there as well he should be.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is going to explode some brains. I am not surprised that historians are already placing Obama among the ten best. Considering what he has accomplished against unbelievable obstruction and bias is going to give him an impressive legacy.
What has he accomplished that is so great?

$16 trillion debt, continuing double digit unemployment, raising taxes on the middle class(when he promised not to), disrespected major world leaders, weakened our military, caused us to lose prestige in the world, and have a downgraded credit rating, prosecuted an unlawful war in Libya, presided over the Solyndra and Fast & Furious scandals, spent an inordinate amount of time on the golf course, and told business owners that someone did the work for them.

Shall I go on?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
A bit premature, no?

Oh - he is way over halfway done with his presidency - he hit the halfway mark on January 20, 2011 at 12:00 P.M.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
Lets see....things that make a president great......hmmmm......winning WW2, ending slavery, being black, etc.....by golly, obama might make it!!!!
According to Newsweek being a Republican automatically disqualifies one for being a great president.

No one can accuse that magazine of being objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies