Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Obama was picked to speak at the 2004 convention because the Democratic party wanted the Illinois Senate seat.

Obama's campaign team out performed the Hillary's team. Hillary's team assumed they wouldn't have to compete in Iowa (,quasi home base for Obama) and didn't have to run a 50 state campaign. They incorrectly assumed that they could focus on winning Super Tuesday and that here superior name recognition would take care of the rest. It was too late by the time they determined that there strategy wasn't going to work. They didn't have a nationwide organization in place.

Obama's team on the other hand used his success at the 2004 convention to cement relationships around the country by campaigning for lots of candidates in 2006. They also used the time to build a nationwide organization.
Obama was winning his Senate election big with or with out the speech.

Jack Ryan (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:36 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
The Tea Party and Birthers would be non-existant.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Obama was winning his Senate election big with or with out the speech.

Jack Ryan (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well if the Republicans had selected Alan Keyes before the Convention, I suppose it could have been argued that an Obama speech would be viewed as piling on. I still maintain that it was because Obama was running for the U.S. Senate that he was considered for the keynote spot. If he had just been an Illinois State Senator, white or black, he would not have been considered.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
He would be Jimmy Carter, part II.
Great point. Both great intellectuals with no ability to act.

Quote:
Personally, I think a convicted felon could have won over McCain in 2008. Here the country was involved in the disastrous Iraq expedition, the economy was imploding, and the Republicans offer up a tired, inarticulate man with a paucity of new ideas.
I used to say Mickey Mouse would have won over Republicans tainted by eight years of Bush administration.

Quote:
However, what they got was an empty symbol wholly unequipped for the job. Someone with no executive experience, someone who hadn't even served a full Senate term, someone who really put together a really expensive and, yet, poorly-executed economic stimulus while blowing all his political capital on ramrodding a poorly-conceived and highly-convoluted health care plan down everybody's throats, even though the majority of Americans didn't want it. He signed into law Dodd Frank which essentially has throttled lending, and added tons of new regulations. So here we are with an enormous deficit, the Middle East is once again in flames, the unemployment rate is seemingly intractable, and businesses are loathe to hire because they have no idea what fresh hell will be served up next in Washington.

I mean, Bush was a terrible president. But, with the exception of not actually invading a country without casus belli, Obama is proving his equal. The man doesn't seem to understand economics or finance, he doesn't seem to understand business, and he doesn't seem to understand the middle class.
Yeah. Obama is way to ideological to be a president. Presidents should be pragmatists.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Well if the Republicans had selected Alan Keyes before the Convention, I suppose it could have been argued that an Obama speech would be viewed as piling on. I still maintain that it was because Obama was running for the U.S. Senate that he was considered for the keynote spot. If he had just been an Illinois State Senator, white or black, he would not have been considered.
it was because of the fact that the dems already targeted that piece of garbage for the white house.

I can give you a few different media outlets that openly mentioned him for president after not serving a day in office.

no matter who the Republicans picked the democrats would have won that seat. If they wanted to pick someone to win a Senate seat they should have picked one of Tony Knowles, Betty Castor, Daniel Mongiardo, Joe Hoeffel, Tom Daschle, Erskine Bowles.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
What if any of the first 43 presidents had been black? Would they have been elected?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, Obama is white. Half. But the racists are focused on his black half. What would the impact be if people, most people thought he was "white"? Probably 75% of the hateful posts on this forum would disappear.
You are absolutely right! All the White racists see Obama as a Black liar, and all the Black racists see him as a White liar. the one thing all racists have in common is they see Obama as a liar.

But it IS Obama himself that has increase racism in America single handedly to be far more than it was in even 1964.

I once had 'Hope' that the USA would some how get past racism, but i see now it isn't very likely. All that has been done so far is prove ever white and every black and everyone else is a racist.

We are straight back to man on day 1 on day 1 of man on Earth.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
One difference, if he were republican, the NRA and the Brady's wouldn't have given him an F on his issues with guns. Especially since he doesn't have any.
Yeah we know he would bring a gun, instead of a knife to the party........why did he say that?????

Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Saying Obama has no guns when he has a Secret Service where everyone of them has access to any type of guns they want, is just nuts......... The Kennedy's were that way too, and in Hyannis they still are.

Nothing but hypocrites...

Old 09-27-2012, 04:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some looked to skin color rather than him saying he was going to "Fundamentally Change America" now why would someone vote like this.............

Voting for Obama because he was black was biggest mistake of my life » The Right Scoop -

Samuel L. Jackson: I Voted For Obama 'Because He Was Black'

"I voted for Barack because he was black. Cause that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them," Jackson said,
This simply confirms how ignorant Samuel Jackson is. "I did because everyone else does it"

Does he wear Che too? All of his friends do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies