Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He uses James Inhofe's website. (And likely does not even know who Inhofe is)

I'll give ya a hint: He knows squat about science, but has accepted the second most amount of campaign donations from the fossil fuel industry.

As I've said, a failure of education is always evident on these threads..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
95% of climate scientists are in agreement that CO2 is warming the planet....
Wow, I'm amazed that the majority of climate scientists whose grants and funding are dependent upon them advancing AGW come to these results.

Global warming/cooling happen and have been happening far before humanity was a factor, however AGW is an overblown scare tactic used to manipulate the public so people selling green energy and carbon trading can make billions of dollars.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Politicized science?????? Liberals are guilty of pushing this.

Folks, look at the geologic record. There have been huge climate changes over the eons, including those "tropical" epics when man did not even know how to build a campfire.
Exactly. Climate changes happen normally and it is really arrogant to think we humans can control the climate.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Wow, I'm amazed that the majority of climate scientists whose grants and funding are dependent upon them come to these results.

Global warming/cooling happen and have been happening far before humanity was a factor, however AGW is an overblown scare tactic used to manipulate the public so people selling green energy and carbon trading can make billions of dollars.
This what happens when what FOX is selling their audience about climate change (a conspiracy to make money) replaces actual science.

To the conservative (or even the occasional liberal) who is factually challenged, science averse and naturally suspicious, is this not a much more palatable explanation than actual science?

Easily digestible and, of course, it calls for no changes in ones indulgences to protect the planet.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:38 PM

465 posts, read 507,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Conservatives don't deny climate change. We deny that a scheme to extract billions (if not trillions) from rich "polluting" nations and redistributing them to "poor" nations will have any measurable impact on the global temperature variations which have occurred naturally for eons.

By your logic I should be able to eat Haggen-Daz ice cream every night as long as I buy some calorie offsets from a skinny guy. Think about that one!
the one diet i haven't tried yet

Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Yet another thread pretending people don't believe in climate change, when they actually don't believe in MAN-CAUSED climate change?

Will leftist fanatics ever stop beating that particular horse?

Old 09-27-2012, 12:49 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He uses James Inhofe's website. (And likely does not even know who Inhofe is)

I'll give ya a hint: He knows squat about science, but has accepted the second most amount of campaign donations from the fossil fuel industry.

As I've said, a failure of education is always evident on these threads..
O.K., I'll play the dumb guy....you want us to believe you over other scientist? By your words alone...nothing more than that?

So, a document coming from the Senate.gov website is completely and totally wrong....because you disagree with it…

Get over the Fox thing also, not everybody watches fox…because you say they do….

Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
This what happens when what FOX is selling their audience about climate change (a conspiracy to make money) replaces actual science.

To the conservative (or even the occasional liberal) who is factually challenged, science averse and naturally suspicious, is this not a much more palatable explanation than actual science?

Easily digestible and, of course, it calls for no changes in ones indulgences to protect the planet.
I don't watch Fox, or even subscribe to cable. How are we supposed to take the findings of climate scientists at face value when they've been caught manipulating the data to support their theories?

I don't deny that AGW exists. It's silly to think that we have no impact on our planet. However, I'm skeptical when those who have the most to gain by pushing AGW do it with the facade of saving the planet when they have very obvious financial interests at stake.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Holy cow, that has to be one of the most biased sites I have seen..Who are these 700 scientists? A bunch chemists and engineers perhaps?..95% of climate scientists are in agreement that CO2 is warming the planet....

C02 is a component of warming, but there is no evidence that it is a significant driver nor that mans contribution is significant.

That 95% claim is pure political garbage. Go ahead, cite it and watch how we show the methodology to be nothing more than hokum and manipulation.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:

Anyone who listens to the media for their facts is an idiot anyway. That includes ALL media. So don't act sanctimonious as I have seen you link quite a number of stupid news stories to claim your point valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies