Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,926,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
With a handle like coal man. I would suspect a little bias.
Ahh, attack the messenger and not the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,923,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Did you expect anything more than hot air from someone with a handle hotair2?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:04 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,928,386 times
Quote:
Not an attack. If my business interests were coal based, I may have a problem with clean energy as well. Just saying.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
Quote:
Don't underestimate them, the reason most of the stuff they manufacture is crap is because that is what US consumers buy.
I ride motorcycles and there is no way i am going to trust my life to any chinese made mc tires in this life time or the next.

I make egonomic machines the chinese for reasons I can't tell don't copy. perhaps they tried and still can't, but never the less i get boxes of test sneaker from (name brand i can't say) and assorted other chinese junk for crap sneakers to test the machines with before they are shipped. These sneakers are total junk too.

It simply mystifies me, and I fear touching the sneakers with bare flesh.

I am not alone in this.... There are a very few other people involved.

The part I don't understand is the testing to wear thin gs out and because the end product is junk in the first place. These sneakers won't die of wearing out, because they will fall apart long before the parts wear out.

I still got Frye American made boots from the day I turned 19. Not that's lasting wear! i''l be 61 on that day soon coming in Nov! I still got fine hiking boots made by Limmers in Intervale NH from 1976. At my age i know what is lasting and what never will be....

Cheap chinese crap is all you get when you buy junk made in china. Now when I want junk .............

usually the chinese steal other people designs and patents like Honda's engine designs... Then the chinese cheap that up and you can buy more junk engines...... Horrible stuff I won't even try to fix them... All it would do is ruin my good reputation.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
hotair what energy is clean.... You name one and i will tell you how dirty it is...

Solar? Is it clean? Is it really?

Is it sustainable? Is it?

Wind? ......... well.........

What else is clean....... The 2 above are not close to being clean.....

Sulfur scrubbed coal is very clean and has higher if not the highest BTU's. And sulfur is found in nature just as it is.

Why is sulfur a problem? It is i will give you that but why?

More?

Besides plastics and material to make a slew of assorted products from bio waste of oil which fuel is the first to be refined from crude oil? Why is that fuel cleaner than gasoline?

I could go on for a long time, but you and any one like you isn't going to study and come up with any answers.

You are going to just tell guys like me and the coalman Obama knows it all and so you don't need to know it at all. Because he says so it's true. I am, willing to bet money Obama can't turn on a BBQ....

Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,926,180 times
Quote:
Not an attack. If my business interests were coal based, I may have a problem with clean energy as well. Just saying.
Again you're attacking the messenger and not the message.

What do you know about my business interests?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:

What do you know about my business interests?
You tell me coal man.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:43 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Recent poll shows that 2/3 of undecided voters believe in global warming and that it is mostly caused by man.

These undecided voters view of global warming is more in line with Obama's philosophy than Romneys. Another nail in the coffin for Romney's campaign.

The fact is that Romney is just out of touch Independent voters.

US Poll: Undecided voters back more action on climate change - 25 Sep 2012 - News from BusinessGreen
oh and what action, is there

the liberals answer is a carbon tax...like another tax is going to reverse global climate change

Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh and what action, is there

the liberals answer is a carbon tax...like another tax is going to reverse global climate change
Well the first action is educate those who are ignorant on climate change.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Well the first action is educate those who are ignorant on climate change.
the only ones ignorant are the fascist liberals who want a tax, when climate change is a natural thing

there have been DOZENS of climate swings...none made by man

too bad the fascist liberals only answer is a tax....figures the fascist liberals answer whould be a tax...liberals, never fould a tax they didnt like

Last edited by workingclasshero; 10-01-2012 at 11:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies