U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM

44,884 posts, read 29,782,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unlike his first term, he won't spend half his time raising funds and campaigning.
OMG, I hadn't thought of that as a very possible advantage. However, if he could do as much damage as he did with the Democrat Congress I still don't think we could stand another 4 years. Maybe he would have more time to attend daily briefings if he was around and not flying to the next campaign meeting. He did manage to miss over 60% of those briefings, though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM

2,608 posts, read 1,881,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When did Obama try to work with Republicans in Congress? Would that be the day he told them that to him compromise is "my way or the highway"? I guess that is when it was since he did very little in the way of working with them other than having John Boehner into the White HOuse to take advantage of his establishment ways.
I think they went and played golf once...

Oh then there was Bowels/Simpson that dear leader just ignored...

Last edited by Earlyretired; 09-28-2012 at 10:51 AM..

Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 AM

46,038 posts, read 31,272,134 times
Well based of the responses on CD, I would say that our country will end, there will be a nuclear attack against Israel, and Obama will get in a few good games of golf while passing out money to the poor.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 AM

1,969 posts, read 2,091,776 times
Quote:
When did Obama try to work with Republicans in Congress? Would that be the day he told them that to him compromise is "my way or the highway"? I guess that is when it was since he did very little in the way of working with them other than having John Boehner into the White HOuse to take advantage of his establishment ways.

Thanks for the laugh. It will upset the Republicans that they won't be able to hold unemployed Americans hostage again, those patriotic scamps. I look forward to them losing the House and their numbers being reduced in the Senate.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 AM

17,478 posts, read 11,385,719 times
More spending on the tax payers dime who are losing jobs and their homes.........money is suppose to be spent, but not at this rate and certainly not if it has to be borrowed.
1.4 BILLION Spent On The Obamas In 2012 – British Taxpayers Only Spent 57.8 Million On The Royal Family

Never before has so much money been spent on a president and his family during a single year
-The Obamas have the "biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever"

-While Obama has been in office, Air Force One has been "running with the frequency of a scheduled air line"
-Obama has 469 senior staff working under him, and 226 of them make more than $100,000 a year

-There is always at least one projectionist at the White House 24 hours a day just in case there is someone that wants to watch a movie.

-The "dog handler" for the family dog Bo reportedly makes $102,000 per year and sometimes he is even flown to where the family is vacationing so that he can care for the dog.

I'd like the dog handler job........I work very well with dogs!!

Wheres the Change???

In a previous article, I detailed how the U.S. Congress is also living the high life at your expense. The following are a few facts from that article....
-In 2010, the federal government spent $33,387 on the hair care needs of U.S. Senators.
-In 2010, U.S. Senators pulled $72,370 out of the "Senate Restaurant Fund".
-In 2010, U.S. Senators took $166,673 out of something called the "Senate Gift Shop Revolving Fund".
-In 2010, an average of $4,005,900 of U.S. taxpayer money was spent on "personal" and "office" expenses per Senator.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM

46,038 posts, read 31,272,134 times
Quote:
That would be President Bush who told Congress that, I understand they both look very similar so it is easy to be confused.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 AM

89 posts, read 133,731 times
The biggest "under the radar" issue I hope he tackles is student loan reform of some type. We need to re-think education in this country. Forcing people into massive amounts of debt for the crime of becoming educated is no way to run a progressive democracy.

All this will be underscored by WW3 via Israel though.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 AM

4,208 posts, read 4,650,197 times
- Citizenship for illegals
- Cap and Trade
- UN Tax on banking transactions
- No off shore oil drilling
- Federal pay off of student loans
- Massive affirmative action programs
- Increase in gas tax
- Expanded home loans for people that can't afford a home
- More money for Islamic countries and organizations
- Increased spending across the board except for DoD

Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM

17,478 posts, read 11,385,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That would be President Bush who told Congress that, I understand they both look very similar so it is easy to be confused.
Obama did say, "they had to seat in the back seat".........that means "get in and shut up"!!!

Nothing like seating in the back seat to be ran off the cliff.........kind of like bringing a gun instead of a knife to the party..........

Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 AM

2,608 posts, read 1,881,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
- Citizenship for illegals
- Cap and Trade
- UN Tax on banking transactions
- No off shore oil drilling
- Federal pay off of student loans
- Massive affirmative action programs
- Increase in gas tax
- Expanded home loans for people that can't afford a home
- More money for Islamic countries and organizations
- Increased spending across the board except for DoD
-gun grabbing
-massive layoffs
-stock and bond markets crash
-food and oil prices skyrocket
-greek style riots
-drone strikes on Tea Partiers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies