Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,179,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't care if you believe it or not. I am not planning on asking him for receipts, so if you don't want to believe it, then don't.
LOL then you can hardly claim it is a fact as you have repeatedly. I backed my statements and math with facts. NO spin, no exaggerations. Just facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,464,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL then you can hardly claim it is a fact as you have repeatedly. I backed my statements and math with facts. NO spin, no exaggerations. Just facts.
It is a fact, no spin, no exaggerations. Just a fact. You are welcome to not believe it. I do not care. As for your statements, - they are 100% irrelevant to me as they prove nothing to me, and do not disprove the $350 fact in any way. I don't even know why you presented them. .

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-29-2012 at 12:14 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 12:51 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,908,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I support American businesses as much as possible, particularly when American people are in big need of jobs and the only thing that will get companies to hire, is demand for their products, American products.
Well Bob you could apply the arguments here to any gasoline powered car manufactured in the US. It doesn't have to necessarily be a foreign auto.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,179,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is a fact, no spin, no exaggerations. Just a fact. You are welcome to not believe it. I do not care. As for your statements, - they are 100% irrelevant to me as they prove nothing to me, and do not disprove the $350 fact in any way. I don't even know why you presented them. .
You claim fact but can show nothing to support the statement made by your friend is a fact.
If simple math can't show you that the VOLT is a complete waste then there is no help for you. Te,, me if your friend said the world is flat would that also be a fact?
My friends say many things. Most people tend to exaggerate especially when it comes to money or sexual prowess. It's not meant as a lie, just exaggeration. When it comes to money I always investigate and study before I spend the money, at least on a big money item. The fact remains that as cars go the Volt is anything but a money saver. What you save on fuel is absolutely lost on the up front cost combined with the cost of a battery replacement.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,464,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If simple math can't show you that the VOLT is a complete waste then there is no help for you.
Did I say I was in need of help, or in need of someone try to sell me a Japanese hybrid? No, and no. If you like the Civic, then go buy a Civic. Who cares?

Quote:
Te,, me if your friend said the world is flat would that also be a fact?
If your friend told you spends $100 per week at the pump, would you call him a liar, even if you knew what kind of car he drives and how far he commutes? If he told you he spends $80 on cigarettes, would you call him a liar, even when you know he smokes two packs a day?

If a person spent $400+ a month in gas, as many large SUV/truck owners do, and with a Volt they spend $50 in gas and electric, then the saving is $350 per month. Simple math

Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,329,981 times
This has been an interesting thread. Lot of opinions on both side of the Chevy Volt. For me it really comes down to reliability and as someone who works on his own cars I would have to say I would not. But if Chevy ever in my lifetime produces cars that match the quality and reliability of Honda I would consider it. I still worry about the Volt one evening while plugged into my garage going up in smoke. Its just a matter of time and I am not ready to plug a car in and hope for the best.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,763,909 times
Would I buy one? Short answer, no. Long answer, hell no.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,983,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
This has been an interesting thread. Lot of opinions on both side of the Chevy Volt. For me it really comes down to reliability and as someone who works on his own cars I would have to say I would not. But if Chevy ever in my lifetime produces cars that match the quality and reliability of Honda I would consider it. I still worry about the Volt one evening while plugged into my garage going up in smoke. Its just a matter of time and I am not ready to plug a car in and hope for the best.
Does your notebook computer or television catch fire in your home? Because its become the norm to plug these in and hope for the best.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,073,923 times
My parents own a 2013 Volt and absolutely love it.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,983,384 times
I would not buy a Volt simply because it’s not the kind of vehicle I would buy (too many doors, not RWD and not enough power) but for anyone shopping for quality efficient transportation it would be a good bet. It seems that many people on these forums don't understand the definition of overpriced. Overpriced does not mean that something is expensive. It means that it sells for significantly more than it’s worth in terms of manufacturing and R&D. Considering that the Volt is not a vehicle with high margins (if any), the definition of overpriced does not apply here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies