Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM

305 posts, read 553,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I caught it also live as it happened! I knew it was going to end badly because the guy just stopped the car he hijacked in the middle of a dirt road and started running towards nowhere. He stumbled and looked like he was on something as he got up turned his back to the helicopter and put the gun up to his temple & shot himself! Never seen anything like it on live TV. I'm surprised they couldn't delay the feed and I'm sure somebody's head will roll at Fox.
I saw once in LA - a local channel did they same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
They do. And they were, but the delay was not working. You see it happen the immediately he was yelling, "get off it" over and over and then realized that the delay didnt work.

This is the edited clip

Shep on car chase - YouTube
I don't want to see that again, i have a severe headache and upset stomach over it, no need to post it again. Not trying to insult you but that was traumatic and so unexpected. They should stop covering car chases live, dont they have better things to report. I dont find anything sensational about a freakin car chase, even if it is a celebrity. Tell me what happens AFTER the fact, did he get caught, did he die, I dont need see the activity in motion. Effin ridiculous

Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
They do. And they were, but the delay was not working. You see it happen the immediately he was yelling, "get off it" over and over and then realized that the delay didnt work.

This is the edited clip

Shep on car chase - YouTube
I was gonna say your warning that it's graphic.......well........there's nothing there but Shep.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Link here. No graphic images or video directly on the site, but there is a link to the feed.

A lot of people saw it and it sucks. There's a five-second delay to keep something like this from happening, but if the censors look down to get a cup of coffee or it malfunctions, something like this could happen.

Just last year, somebody from my city became the talk of the censors as he dropped his drawers during Hurricane coverage. It aired live on The Weather Channel.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Yep it's all Fox's fault. They told the man to shoot himself in the head. :eyeroll: RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very sad that people had to see that, but it's not Fox's fault don't be moronic.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I caught it also live as it happened! I knew it was going to end badly because the guy just stopped the car he hijacked in the middle of a dirt road and started running towards nowhere. He stumbled and looked like he was on something as he got up turned his back to the helicopter and put the gun up to his temple & shot himself! Never seen anything like it on live TV. I'm surprised they couldn't delay the feed and I'm sure somebody's head will roll at Fox.
Miami i kept wondering when he stopped his car out of no where why was he running like that, I was laughing on the phone with my fiance telling him there is a crazy man in Arizona running crazy in the middle of no where after carjacking, and he says people are crazy out there, and then he grabbed his gun, and put it to his head and down he went. I had NO idea that was going to happen, how did you know it was going to end badly?? I figured he would be surrounded by cops while on foot..this was crazy

Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
I quick check on the timing is from the point you could tell he was holding a weapon in his hand to the time he placed the weapon on his head is apx 4 seconds....

Unless every detail is delayed more than 10 seconds this is what will happen on live news.
While i don't like what the criminal did to himself or did to get in this predicament, i do prefer my news honest and with no bias built in as per liberal cultist news always IS.

I don't like it some editor seating in some city broadcasting news all day has the chance to make the news up as he see's fit.

Some people need to grow up! Like the libs.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Yep it's all Fox's fault. They told the man to shoot himself in the head. :eyeroll: RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very sad that people had to see that, but it's not Fox's fault don't be moronic.
IF anyone is a moron it would be you to think that anyone is insinuating that its Fox's Fault for the man committing suicide. The Right Wing always wants to go Left. Look Fox dropped the ball, no doubt and I know they are working behind the scenes to prevent this again. This is NOT a good look for them, but to suggest what you have stated is ascinine. Are you registered to vote?? Because if you think the way you do, God help this country. Pathetic.

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I don't know.....they might have aired it in purpose.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

Who was saying it's Fox's fault? Stop being so defensive and dramatic.

And maybe I'm desensitized, but I don't see what was so graphic and/or traumatic about seeing that... traumatic for his loved ones, and I feel badly for the guy, but meh in terms of myself witnessing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies