Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:43 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Sorry, nothing will ever compare to seeing that second plane hit the WTC on TV and knowing at that moment I was seeing many people die.
I agree with you on that!! We will never forget that OMG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
I saw once in LA - a local channel did they same thing.
I remember that. One of the networks was carrying an enhansed feed where the details, including blood, were clear. They others cut immediately, but they didn't in time. It was on the tv in all its bloody detail.

They ceased using the enhansed feeds to tv after that.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I don't want to see that again, i have a severe headache and upset stomach over it, no need to post it again. Not trying to insult you but that was traumatic and so unexpected. They should stop covering car chases live, dont they have better things to report. I dont find anything sensational about a freakin car chase, even if it is a celebrity. Tell me what happens AFTER the fact, did he get caught, did he die, I dont need see the activity in motion. Effin ridiculous
Ever see the movie Farehneit 451? There is the search for Montag, who has escaped the town and is watching it on tv with the book people. They follow a guy on the street who looks close enough and chase and the voice over is so much like what we see on tv today. And they shoot him... at a distance. But the danger is over. All can relax. The streets are safe again.

I wonder if that's a little of it, besides the voyarism. But when they follow car chases that is the thing I think of.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes, that's the one that I watched live it was in the late 90's. He set his pickup truck on fire as well.

Car chases happen almost weekly in L.A., there was one this morning on my way to work, but on another freeway.
Are you serious?? He shot his dog, then himself and set his car on fire?? Please tell me you are joking. Man as I read the replies I keep Praising God because God has been so good to me!! Thank you Lord Jesus for your protection...I will pass on googling the guys name.

And good point you made, why does L.A. have soooooooo many of these car chases?? I used to live out there when I was a little girl LOVE Cali, but never recall being exposed to that...yeah Cali is a different world...

I just read the article, thank you for posting..but it said he petted his dog I didnt read where he shot the dog..I love dogs
Here's the article:

Man Kills Self as City Watches

Spoiler
if you google David V. Jones the video is available.
Are you serious?? He shot his dog, then himself and set his car on fire?? Please tell me you are joking. Man as I read the replies I keep Praising God because God has been so good to me!! Thank you Lord Jesus for your protection...I will pass on googling the guys name.

And good point you made, why does L.A. have soooooooo many of these car chases?? I used to live out there when I was a little girl LOVE Cali, but never recall being exposed to that...yeah Cali is a different world...

Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I remember that. One of the networks was carrying an enhansed feed where the details, including blood, were clear. They others cut immediately, but they didn't in time. It was on the tv in all its bloody detail.

They ceased using the enhansed feeds to tv after that.
Yes it was channel 5 KTLA that had the superzoom, but all the networks ran the live feed.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,097 times
I do feel bad for Shepard, he's one of my favs.

I'm a democrat, but watch Fox. I watch them all actually.

The guy was a criminal? Stole somebodies car? I mean I don't feel bad for him. I feel bad for his family.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You should be careful.

I wouldn't want to read about you killing people because Obama might be elected president again. Such all-consuming hatred is unhealthy.

Something like this happening on live TV is very unusual. There was no need to make it political.

I survived a mad-man, foaming at the mouth, putting a gun to my head, a 9mm filled with hollow-points. I know reality from fiction.
I am careful and have carried a .45 on my belt for 31 years so far and counting. Obama will fail and this country will fall, and when it does i will be there to pick up the pieces... Thanks for the vote in confidence.

I can and do start fire with 2 sticks i find in the woods. I don't need this so called modern world to survive.. I also have a son who is as old as i have carried and he has a son now 3 soon to be 4 and so i will carry on with or with out Obama who I never needed or wanted in the first place.

I don't care what you think either. I know i am rugged for my age and recently crossed the USA on a motorcycle with 3 broken ribs starting at the 1/2 way point, and riding far enough to have crossed the country 15 times in one ride with my Bride, so there is no need to worry about me. I was armed with 2 guns every second of the way too, and never at any risk to shoot me or my lovin Bride.

One guy did put himself at some risk.. you ever hear of a gun named Russel Means?

I have never once asked the Govt or anyone else for a thing i didn't already EARN.

I will agree with you one thing and that is they don't come any harder core than I am, but then I am just a product of my time.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:55 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes it was channel 5 KTLA that had the superzoom, but all the networks ran the live feed.
Superzoom? i don't hear well and i think i heard the report..... I was able to view the video on this thread so it wasn't live.... if you can bear up to see the video, see if you hear the report... i am sure i do, but then my hearing is poor.

On edit: I must be wrong since i can't hear the chopper rotors which will do in any sense of gun report.... i don't delete my errors either.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I do feel bad for Shepard, he's one of my favs.

I'm a democrat, but watch Fox. I watch them all actually.

The guy was a criminal? Stole somebodies car? I mean I don't feel bad for him. I feel bad for his family.
I used to watch Shep back in the day, I liked him too..he is easy on the eyes and funny. due to my schedule haven't had time to watch daytime aftenoon news. I am glad that he apologized and he seems sincere.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
The tape delays really have sanitized the news we see now. Some of the local stations used to have reporters that followed the cops to crime scenes and accidents, it was graphic. Hug your dog/whatever and be thankful for what you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies