Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I still don't see how you can be so 'affected' since nothing was remotely graphic...... Are you setting yourself up for a law suit, and becoming unable to function?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, a disability claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
We see far, far worse than that every single day watching any one of a zillion cop TV shows.

People, for Pete's sake, calm down. It wasn't graphic at all.
Thing is, there is a huge difference. When you watch the cop show, instictively you *know* its a tv show and when they shoot people they aren't dead. No matter how graphic they portray something you know its not real.

Anyone remember the SLA shootout in the 60's? It was covered live by the news, no delay. The cameraman was trying to hide behind a tree. The reporter was behind a small car. There were bystandards everywhere who ran in panic. They were just doing a spot report on the news when the firing started. It was whereever they were when the hale of bullets started that they took cover.

This went on for fifteen minutes. You could hear the sound as the bullets were going by, and when tear gas was used the camera dropped since the cameraman was wearing contacts and had to take them out. You SAW the building catch fire and become an instant inferno, while they were debating how many were inside, and at the time they didn't know if Patty Hearst was among them. It was stunning and horrifying and all I could do was sit and stare and take it in in fascination.

It was when I read about how the ones inside died, it became horrible. But I remember the edge of fascination and the reality that we didn't know if any of those people we could see in the camera were going to get shot and bleed right in front of us. It was as if we were there. No tv show has ever been able to do that, since if someone had been shot like that, ripped open given what they were shooting all the blood and gore would have been right in front of you.

I've never forgotten that. For years I couldn't watch fake cop shows, since it seemed to dull down the idea of violence and make it dull. The difference now is they make the violence have a point, or make one of it. They didn't used to. bang bang your dead. Lets go get coffee.

I'm glad I didn't see this but and resisting a curiosity to watch it anyway.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I normally dont watch Fox,...
Smart.

Quote:
but I wanted to see what they were saying about the elections .....
Not smart.

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
OMG i was just watching Fox News with Shepard Smith, Live and they were covering a car chase and the man ran out of the car in the middle of NO where in Arizona and the pulls a gun to his head and shot himself dead...LIVE on tv...

Fox news didnt get to pull the feed before the man did it, Shepard smith came back on and apologized but I have NEVER seen such a thing..I feel sick to my stomach to have been subjected to seeing a criminal commit suicide on Fox News. I normally dont watch Fox, but I wanted to see what they were saying about the elections and then I am subjected to this....#garbage

I watched it too...the delay wasn't working...Shep was yelling for the tape to be cut...geez give me a break..he didn't do it on purpose ( it was quite obvious by him yelling and the sickening look on his face). He apologized after the commerical break..he had tears in his eyes...I felt bad-

I've seen worse in the newpapers..I like Shep..he always cracks jokes. I actually like to watch the car chases..I'm sure that will stop now.

I just feel bad for the dumbass' family. Do I feel sorry for him no...he carJacked some young guy there are reports he pistol whipped the person.

Last edited by dnvrsoul; 09-28-2012 at 03:11 PM..

2,106 posts, read 3,061,269 times
Quote:
You wouldn't be Dale without those type of comments. Aaaahhhh I am always glad to see your posts... Another jaded one...Cynicism at best

Old 09-28-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I watched it too...the delay wasn't working...Shep was yelling for the tape to be cut...geez give me a break..he didn't do it on purpose ( it was quite obvious by him yelling and the sickening look on his face). He apologized after the commerical break..he had tears in his eyes...I felt bad-

I've seen worse in the newpapers..
I was on the phone and didnt hear when he was yelling to cut the feed, yes i saw the apology. I never said he did on pupose..Man some of you need a vaca...After the election lets all go on vacation somewhere exotic and plush.. No tv's, no i phones, no mac, nada just ocean breezes, great food and service and great friends and family....Wish I could arrange that for everyone. Life would be grand

Old 09-28-2012, 03:06 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am careful and have carried a .45 on my belt for 31 years so far and counting. Obama will fail and this country will fall, and when it does i will be there to pick up the pieces... Thanks for the vote in confidence.

I can and do start fire with 2 sticks i find in the woods. I don't need this so called modern world to survive.. I also have a son who is as old as i have carried and he has a son now 3 soon to be 4 and so i will carry on with or with out Obama who I never needed or wanted in the first place.

I don't care what you think either. I know i am rugged for my age and recently crossed the USA on a motorcycle with 3 broken ribs starting at the 1/2 way point, and riding far enough to have crossed the country 15 times in one ride with my Bride, so there is no need to worry about me. I was armed with 2 guns every second of the way too, and never at any risk to shoot me or my lovin Bride.

One guy did put himself at some risk.. you ever hear of a gun named Russel Means?

I have never once asked the Govt or anyone else for a thing i didn't already EARN.

I will agree with you one thing and that is they don't come any harder core than I am, but then I am just a product of my time.

Yeah right buddy, whatever you say tough guy. When you're not eating nails and crapping out concertina wire you're trolling city data forums? Make me laugh. This was a funny post, thanks for the laughs.

We can tell by you 10k+ post in less than 2 years that you spend a lot of time outdoors honing your skills.

Riding a motorcycle and carrying guns does not make you tough anyhow. Even more pathetic that you seem to need to brag about it to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Yep it's all Fox's fault. They told the man to shoot himself in the head. :eyeroll: RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very sad that people had to see that, but it's not Fox's fault don't be moronic.
AMAZINGLY you seem to have missed the point.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
yeah man i just can't deal wit life anymore since i saw that guy take his azz out on FOX..... This is good for a million 5 right?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Smart.

Not smart.
Yep you set the barometer for excellence my friend--smart Oh smart and wise how art thou?? Funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies