U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM
 
1,321 posts, read 1,040,373 times
Reputation: 241

Advertisements

and keep those republicans out of their bedroom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Vermont
10,311 posts, read 11,235,339 times
Reputation: 14194
I think downhill skiing is immoral and contrary to my religious beliefs. I don't want to be forced to have my insurance premiums go to provide care for injuries that those godless downhill skiiers incur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,635 posts, read 16,650,477 times
Reputation: 2808
I just had to go on birth control for the sole reason of controlling breakthrough bleeding. Nothing to do with sex whatsoever.

Another reason why men shouldn't be making decisions on these things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 02:41 PM
 
19,025 posts, read 22,248,799 times
Reputation: 7326
Jack, You have no religious beliefs.

I took care of mu BC problems long ago it was called vasectomy.

Go ahead and tax me now, but send a cute hooker at the same time with the stamp on her azz sayin paid in full first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Va. Beach
6,396 posts, read 4,410,765 times
Reputation: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I just had to go on birth control for the sole reason of controlling breakthrough bleeding. Nothing to do with sex whatsoever.

Another reason why men shouldn't be making decisions on these things
Another reason why people shouldn't make assumptions also, (Poster quoted above included).

I do not believe that Insurance should provide birth control, vigra, cialis for recreational sex. I DO believe however, that if you have a MEDICAL condition that requires these meds, then by all means they should be prescribed and covered, no questions asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,754,492 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Another reason why people shouldn't make assumptions also, (Poster quoted above included).

I do not believe that Insurance should provide birth control, vigra, cialis for recreational sex. I DO believe however, that if you have a MEDICAL condition that requires these meds, then by all means they should be prescribed and covered, no questions asked.
I disagree. I think that controlling the growth of our population is something that benefits us all and making birth control more available does that. However, I will add that the main reason most insurances include it free or at a low cost is because it's cost effective for them...meaning it costs insurance companies more for you to get pregnant and give birth than it costs them to cover birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Where they serve real ale.
7,248 posts, read 6,672,187 times
Reputation: 3497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
and keep those republicans out of their bedroom.

You don't seem to understand how insurance works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,038 posts, read 45,055,577 times
Reputation: 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Another reason why people shouldn't make assumptions also, (Poster quoted above included).

I do not believe that Insurance should provide birth control, vigra, cialis for recreational sex. I DO believe however, that if you have a MEDICAL condition that requires these meds, then by all means they should be prescribed and covered, no questions asked.
1. Why should it matter WHY the person is taking a medication/pill, and how would only covering one use be more or less cost-effective? FYI, most plans still require a co-pay for the pill - usually around $10-20/pack.

2. Would you rather cut back on the number of BC users (which would be a likely outcome), and increase the number of unwanted pregnancies? Good plan.

3. Women could easily lie if such restrictions were put into place. "Why do you need birth control pills, ma'am?" "My cramps are SO awful I can't focus or work." "Okay, here you go." Simple as that! Just because you think insurance should only cover its medical use, for whatever godforsaken reason, that doesn't mean it's a logical argument. Ponder my points, and maybe use some common sense to think it through for a moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
 
17,751 posts, read 15,658,618 times
Reputation: 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I disagree. I think that controlling the growth of our population is something that benefits us all and making birth control more available does that. However, I will add that the main reason most insurances include it free or at a low cost is because it's cost effective for them...meaning it costs insurance companies more for you to get pregnant and give birth than it costs them to cover birth control.
So then pass out the porn. Why should we pass out aids for two people to have sex when we can even prevent their undesirable pairings that create the surplus populations?

Condoms are disposable and not biodegradable :




Men's magazine's could be printed on recyclable paper with environmentally friendly soy inks(which I believe goes well with an Asian fetish).

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-29-2012 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 03:15 PM
 
Location: My little patch of Earth
6,193 posts, read 4,571,477 times
Reputation: 3046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Jack, You have no religious beliefs.

I took care of mu BC problems long ago it was called vasectomy.

Go ahead and tax me now, but send a cute hooker at the same time with the stamp on her azz sayin paid in full first.
Me too Mac.

I personally think all men who practice this form of birth control should receive a tax credit from the date of their operation multiplied by how many times a woman could gotten pregnant by him while he was fertile.

Lemme do some figures and I'll get back to you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top