Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 AM

7,528 posts, read 11,363,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Whose fault is that? Governmental employment isn't the road to honest wealth and skill accumulation. Back in the day, aas look to entrepreneurship and trades as a way out of poverty. This nation is about to go bankrupt and unless we make moves to fix what I described, were facing real problems. A bankrupt nation can't afford a bloated govt.
I agree that too much of the black middle class is over represented in public sector jobs and that the black middle class needs to be more diversified. I was just pointing out how this recent unemployment of black public sector workers wasn't Obama's fault. Many blacks went into gov't jobs because of the discrimination that existed in the private sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm just going to use Conservative logic.

Why can't this man get off his ass and get an education and a job?
Remember,you can't blame someone else for your own problems.
Personal Responsibility.

Why is it appropiate in this case to blame someone else?
Because it's politically expedient.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
A black man said something critical of Obama? NO WAY. Stop the presses!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I agree that too much of the black middle class is over represented in public sector jobs and that the black middle class needs to be more diversified. I was just pointing out how this recent unemployment of black public sector workers wasn't Obama's fault. Many blacks went into gov't jobs because of the discrimination that existed in the private sector.
African Americans represent just 17% of the all federal employees. Having said that, the largest decline for the black middle class has been the collapse of the industrial sector.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I predict few liberal posters on this thread. Why, because this man speaks the truth and the truth is difficult for a lot of libs to accept.
You mean the truth like GWB did nothing for white people?

Do you accept that?

You mean the truth that Romney is unlikely to do anything for average middle-class white people?

Do you accept that?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Can someone please explain to me how blacks 15% unemployment rate is Obama's fault??

Black unemployment was a problem long before Obama came into office because black unemployment has been high because of a number of reasons. Like high dropout rates,high incarceration rates,the decline in manufacturing jobs which employed many black males and not having enough black owned businesses to provide jobs for blacks and more recently the layoffs of many middle class black gov't workers. Again these things have been problems affecting black employment long before Obama.

www.epi.org/.../high-black-unemployment-widespread-metropolitan-...

So the economy is now not Obama's responsibility?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Jewel this man on the video is my twin except there are also ignorant white people too ...
Madonna said he was a Muslim to go along with he is black man seems all the news outlets are dropping the Muslim part wonder why?
Madonna, now there is an authoritative source for political information.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Instead of handing out "Obamaphones" and increasing welfare rolls, he could have done something that really would have created jobs, instead of just talk about it. He actually increased unemployment by his failure to act (should have decreased the corporate tax rate, and capital gains tax, for starters).
True, but I'd be willing to be when campaigning and speaking to blacks, he made some promises to them specifically. He could have done it too, and there certainly wouldn't have been anything wrong with that, if it really did help them. And I'm not talking about "affirmative action" type laws or minimum wage. Those things don't really give them the kind of help they need. They need JOBS first and foremost.V

I can't see that he's done anything for anybody and this country can't afford another 4 years of nothing.
I definitely agree with that statement![/quote]

Can you name one damn campaign promise in 2008 that Barack Obma made SPECIFICALLY to Black Americans?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Because it's politically expedient.
Well, hell, Obama blames Bush still doesn't he? I guess blaming him is not so bad.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
www.epi.org/.../high-black-unemployment-widespread-metropolitan-...

So the economy is now not Obama's responsibility?
It never was according to leaners. Yep, it is time for him to accept some of the blame for unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies