Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This video may be a newsflash for some, but not for me. I hear black folks complain about Obama on a daily basis, both men and women. However, none of them expected any sort of "special" treatment from Obama. They have the same concerns as others. After all, as citizens, why should they not?

I don't know why it is assumed every black person has a love affair with Obama. We don't. As PurpleRain stated, Al and Jesse are not our spokespersons. Nor are any of the so-called black leaders. Their opinions are just that. . . THEIR opinions. The MSM continues to give them a platform, but that certainly doesn't mean they represent anyone but themselves. They are nothing but opportunistic lapdogs. Heck, they probably disagree with many things Obama supports, but their wallets mean more to them than their personal convictions. That is, if they still have any.

Contrary to popular belief, we do not share one brain. Black people differ in opinions just like all other groups, and the man in the video is entitled to express his. He is simply one black man out of millions of black citizens. So, he's a black man who's unhappy with Obama. This is not a big deal. Why is this controversial?
Well stated and I am so in agreement with you Benicar. I don't undersatnd the controversy either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM

74 posts, read 122,654 times
Media Scape Goat

Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It is more than obvious that you do not know or understand the history of this country in relation to slavery and it's black citizens. First and foremost, Obama does not consider himself white and has lived as and self identified as a black man all of his life. In case you haven't noticed, his wife and children are also black. Now all of a sudden because you are in denial, you assume he is more white than black? Haven't you heard? It's the one drop rule in effect.

Legally, America's one drop rule automatically left him no choice but to live and self identify as black all of his life. The majority of black Americans have white ancestry residual as a result of slavery. I find irony in the fact that many white Americans such as yourself would love to pretend otherwise when a black person is successful, while racially throwing the rest of us under the bus. It's obvious that you need to get over the skin tone thing.
Word has it the "1 drop rule" no longer matters in 2012. I've known 2 quadroons and a octoroon who saw themselves as "anglo white".

Old 09-29-2012, 12:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
I don't want Obama to do anything for me. I'm more than capable of doing it for myself.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This video may be a newsflash for some, but not for me. I hear black folks complain about Obama on a daily basis, both men and women. However, none of them expected any sort of "special" treatment from Obama. They have the same concerns as others. After all, as citizens, why should they not?

I don't know why it is assumed every black person has a love affair with Obama. We don't. As PurpleRain stated, Al and Jesse are not our spokespersons. Nor are any of the so-called black leaders. Their opinions are just that. . . THEIR opinions. The MSM continues to give them a platform, but that certainly doesn't mean they represent anyone but themselves. They are nothing but opportunistic lapdogs. Heck, they probably disagree with many things Obama supports, but their wallets mean more to them than their personal convictions. That is, if they still have any.

Contrary to popular belief, we do not share one brain. Black people differ in opinions just like all other groups, and the man in the video is entitled to express his. He is simply one black man out of millions of black citizens. So, he's a black man who's unhappy with Obama. This is not a big deal. Why is this controversial?
Benicar; your right so often. I constantly say on this forum, you cannot put everyone of the same color or religion, or gender, into the same mold.

The mold will be different for different people!

All people have a difference of opinions, the way it should be, imagine how boring it would be, if we all believed the same!

I think the only reason why this is a big deal to some, is that most black people don't feel this way or show their emotions as this guy. You hear more about Obama supporters being black. Which is odd, because i know many black people who feel the exact same way as he does, but no one is hearing their opinions.

Thank Gosh, we all do not share one brain!

This should be no big deal, becuase i know many many people who feel that Obama failed all Americans, not one race?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Whta is he supposed to do for balck people specifically.Sounds like the guy wants discrmination or preference to me.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Whta is he supposed to do for balck people specifically.Sounds like the guy wants discrmination or preference to me.
That's what I wanna know. What specifically is Obama supposed to do for me? Because I'm black and I can't figure it out.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Default Many blacks are disappointed with Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Some people so it seems, cannot be bought with fancy smancy talk, and fancy lines, HollyWeird Celebrities such as Samuel Whacko Jackson, people on the view, MaDonna, etc.

Some people believe in the reality of what is happening, and nothing more, have their own mind, and good friggin for them.

I respect people to tell the truth, because sorry people this sure as hell ain't Hope n' Change, quite the opposite, with lousy policies, a spendhawk President, More People on welfare and food stamps then any othe time, quite sad actually.

There is no unity some like to play divide the people can you guess who!

Some it seem, like to make one Race superior to others, guess who!

He has done nothing for this economy, except blame everyone and everybody excpet himself.
Here is what another black man said in an Article he wrote for American Thinker:
Book it: Romney's going to win this election in a romp come November. I'm certain of this because there is a key factor that's being overlooked this time around -- blacks have lost their passion for Obama.
I see that loss reflected in the faces of my fellow blacks, who at the mention of Obama's name no longer beam with rapturous joy -- something we blacks normally reserve for winning lottery tickets and intimate getaways with persons not our spouses. As the saying went in the 'hood where I grew up: "If he looks happy, he's either hit the number or he's cheating."

Read more: Articles: Why Romney Is Going to Romp over Obama in November

Old 09-29-2012, 03:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What President of the USA has selected a group of people based on a "loosely" shared ancestry, and "done something" for them? What was he supposed to "do" for black people that he overlooked?
Instead of handing out "Obamaphones" and increasing welfare rolls, he could have done something that really would have created jobs, instead of just talk about it. He actually increased unemployment by his failure to act (should have decreased the corporate tax rate, and capital gains tax, for starters).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When you're the president you're everyone's president.
True, but I'd be willing to be when campaigning and speaking to blacks, he made some promises to them specifically. He could have done it too, and there certainly wouldn't have been anything wrong with that, if it really did help them. And I'm not talking about "affirmative action" type laws or minimum wage. Those things don't really give them the kind of help they need. They need JOBS first and foremost.V

I can't see that he's done anything for anybody and this country can't afford another 4 years of nothing.[/quote]
I definitely agree with that statement!

Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word has it the "1 drop rule" no longer matters in 2012. I've known 2 quadroons and a octoroon who saw themselves as "anglo white".
Why would you assume that? I am of mixed ancestry and very light skinned (particulary in the Winter). However, as a descendant of slaves when I was born I was pronounced "negro". I'm not sure where you get your information, but unless both of your parents are caucasian, in this country the one drop rule is alive and well. Your birth certificate, the job applications you fill out, your physical appearance and your potential employer pronounces you black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies