Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:56 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,407,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hold on. Stop laughing at how funny you think you are. Your implication is that the LDS Church runs the University, which is not the case, much as you would like to believe it is. There is nothing for me to explain. If there is religious discrimination being practiced by some members of the LDS Church who are in a position to be able to do so, those individuals should be held accountable for it. Individual Mormons are not the Mormon Church. Do you seriously think the LDS Church is going to have to pay this $1,875,000? Of course it isn't, because it's not the LDS Church who is at fault.
That's the second false claim you attributed to me - I didn't speculate that your church was paying the fine. You need to think about what you say about others before you post.

Actually, I just noticed the third false claim - how funny I think I am. I was laughing at you.

Three strikes - you're out. Have fun debating with the others, I have no use for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM

28,078 posts, read 29,920,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That's the second false claim you attributed to me - I didn't speculate that your church was paying the fine. You need to think about what you say about others before you post.
If someone ends up paying, it would be the guilty party. Period. If the "LDS Church" is running the University, they'll have to pay the imposed fine. Let me know when that happens.

Quote:
Have fun debating with the others, I have no use for you.
So are we breaking up?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,991,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What happens when the tax payers become extinct? Hope the kids can pay back their loans working their McJobs. They'll be pushing retirement by the time that happens for many.
Don't worry Obama just legalized 1 million + to become new workers to pay the bills for the new generation of Americans who are too lazy to work and would rather sit at home and collect a check. I don't think they realize what they signed up for in all the celebration there a few months back.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I didn't either when it came time to use my GI Bill. 2 year CC and 2 year State University got me my BS degree with very little personal outlay of cash.

But people are not as smart today as jojajn points out. They need the government to watch over them and warn them. Functional illiteracy is pretty high since education has degraded so much.

People do not understand what they read. They need additional government help to make the right choices.
It's not really that difficult. Somebody loans you money and you promise to pay it back. Children understand this principal. Liberals for some reason can't and feel somebody is taking advantage of em by forcing them to take that money.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 PM

[quote=mayita;26303713]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

You should know than when you post something from your office pc, your IP address can be tracked to your employer, making them liable for any view you have. At least where I work I cannot do that . And I cannot log in here from there, due to security reasons. And that is all I can say
You need to work for the department that tracks all that stuff and have a boss who doesn't care what you do as long as everything is running nice and smooth. It's called perks. lol

Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The government has just started garnishing SS for loan defaults under student loans.I am sure this is just the start of them going after those owing money has this is a first.
Really? I thought SS was untouchable as far as paying off debts was concerned. Of course the government can do what they want. They took em all over. I don't know how many folks on SS have unpaid student loans though. I'd guess folks on disability may who became unable to work.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 PM

32,032 posts, read 15,030,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why the taxpayers of course. Unless uncle sam is gonna garnish the wages of kids who are living in their parents basement who are still on their insurance looking for jobs that are now green and nowhere to be found. Just where the current fools in DC apparently wanted em to begin with.

"And while it is impossible using historical data to extrapolate with precision what the current consolidated federal student loan default rate is, we do know that there is now $914 billion in federal student loans (which also was mysteriously revised over 50% higher by the Fed just a month ago). Using simple inference, all else equal (and all else has certainly deteriorated), there is now at least $122 billion in federal student loan defaults. And surging every day."

The Next Subprime Crisis Is Here: Over $120 Billion In Federal Student Loans In Default | ZeroHedge

Ok, going way off message here. But who do you think pays for the uninsured......we the taxpayers. So what's the difference.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:47 PM

645 posts, read 1,275,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
This board is hilarious. I worked 55 billable hours this past week, and 60 every week since June. Never come here from work. Some people posts all day every day ... If they work they are stealing time from their employers by posting rants here. If they do not work, they are either rich people like mittens or in some social program getting money from the government. Yet all they do is complain complain and complain. During normal business hours.... Just ironic and hilarious.
The irony and hilarity of your post is that you crack on people for posting here too often and insinuate that they're, rich, on the dole, or stealing time from their employer. Ok, may I ask which you are? Since you've been here one month you've made 14 posts per day for a total of 689 posts. I have only managed .14 posts per day or 328 in 75 months... If you're working 60 hours per week, either you don't ever sleep or you're posting from your place of employment. If you're self employed, you're cheating the people you're providing a service for and your employees from raises because you're wasting time over here at city data forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Just ironic and hilarious.
I agree!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
It's going to be mighty difficult trying to garnishing the wags of someone who's only working part time and making $7.25/hr.

The goal is to write off this debt so they can start spending the measly money they earn to stimulate what's left of our economy.

I hope the government doesn't actually expect our students to pay back $1 Trillion in debt while it continues to ship off our living wage jobs to third word countries and allow illegal immigrants to take them for cents on the dollar.

Not difficult at all. They already have authority to garnish wages and Social Security above $750 per month, and they don't have to go to court to do it.

They never write off the debt of those who are in default. There are "affordable" repayment programs which do allow for debt forgiveness (writing it off) after some number of years but those programs are specifically not available to borrowers in default.

In the long run, they collect more from borrowers in default if they are collectable (have income over $750 per month) than if they are not in default, because they add steep fees and penalties once a borrower is in default.

Ironically, they DO expect borrowers in default to repay every penny (including those fees and penalties), but not those not in default (who can have loans forgiven after a number of years).

Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's the 0bama way. Wealth residstribution. He absolutely will forgive/bail out student loans. Mortgages are next. If he wins a second term, we'll all be living in government owned housing by the time it's over.

Mortgages will be bailed out but Congress will never bail out student loans, which is what OWS wants.

The Occupy crowd will say that's a double standard and they will be correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies