Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
In other words crap you made up
Nope - I have no reason to make up any "crap" because unlike so many others here, I actually don't have an agenda about this. I like my car even though I don't love driving and would rather walk or bike. Alas, that is certainly not a feasible reality in many parts of this country. Odd, eh, when somebody can actually be normal and realistic about these issues, right? Nah, you wouldn't know.

Plus, you may have noticed that I posted links to articles that address these findings. Not that doing so would ever matter. Perhaps you have noticed that some people are so hell-bend on their positions that they will discard any and all evidence to the contrary - see Obama's country of birth as an example.

Ah, what am I saying, of course you didn't notice that, either. Too stuck in your own little head with your own little preconceived notions.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Well I love my truck and you can't have it!

I love my canoe too!
You know, in Amsterdam, you could take your canoe to work...Why can't you do that here? I just don't understand.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Nope - I have no reason to make up any "crap" because unlike so many others here, I actually don't have an agenda about this. Plus, you may have noticed that I posted links to articles that address these findings.

Ah, what am I saying, of course you didn't notice.
And what we are telling you is without proof it's just that.... talk

Proof is not "telling people to Google it"

***FAIL***

You know, I read that Europeans are the snobs world when it comes to automobiles and that their automobiles QA on average is now the worst of the world....

Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Saying without proof is just that.... talk

***FAIL***
Exactly. Like I said, you apparently can't possibly understand that posting information is just that: Information. It is not about arguing a certain position no matter how hard you try to pin it on the poster. What a sad way to live.

I don't know how else to put it to you: I do NOT argue that kids no longer want cars. I do not argue that we should abolish the automobile. I do not argue that we all should bike or canoe to work. I did state that I read an article (although I don't remember where) that addressed a study that found that younger Americans are no longer as interested in car ownership due to a decline in perceived status of ownership. I have also said that I do not know whether this trend is just fad, a long-term development, or anything at all.

This is not a position of mine - it is simply a piece of information. Whether you believe it or not, like it or not, act upon it or not is of absolutely no consequence to me or to anyone else.

So, why are you so antagonistic toward other people? Are you a natural grouch? Are you having a bad day? Or is this simply your chosen C-D personality? At any rate, your attitude plain old sucks.

Last edited by vamos; 09-30-2012 at 07:17 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 07:11 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
If there is one thing about this country that makes absolutely no sense is this stupid, lazy, car-centric culture.

After having spent sometime in Europe, it is really hard to become one of the sheep- so I ride my bicycle to work everyday and there is nothing better!

I was comparing obesity rates in countries like Germany and the Netherlands-where walking and riding a bicycle is widespread and they are about 10%. The United States will have obesity rate of 75% by the year 2020.

Something has definitely gone wrong here!

Oh I see, you're one of "those" morons who thinks they're special because they rely on 17th century technology.

News flash for you, since you apparently can't tell the difference between Europe and America - here in America, we aren't all living on top of each other. We don't simply hop on a train to get from one end of the continent to the other. Our infrastructure is built up completely different. We have significantly more geography going on than Europe. And a million other things you apparently haven't thought of.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Like I said, you apparently can't possibly understand that posting information is just that: Information. It is not about arguing a certain position no matter how hard you try to pin it on the poster. What a sad way to live.
You know I saw this same attitude in another thread concerning chemtrails...

We had the OP backed up against a wall and the only thing he responded with was:

Quote:
Like I said, you apparently can't possibly understand
Yeah, we are all too stupid to understand the superior intellect and verbiage you display here...

Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudegubmintworker View Post
I'm not sure it's that so much as allegedly, your risk for disease starts increasing at a greater rate once you hit a BMI of 21.

I really do not care. I could walk out the door and be hit by a car, I could get shot in a drive by, some virulent flu I caught from a defendant "customer" could fell me, I could have an allergic reaction from a prescription drug and die.

I feel better, have clearer skin, am less prone to headaches, am less nervous and irritable at a BMI of 21.9 than when I was a college senior and had a BMI of 18.2. Age has some to do with it, but I'm attributing more to body fat. If being 21.9 means I might die a few years sooner, well, so be it.
Regarding BMI,

18.5-24.9 is considered normal (weight).
25.0-29.9 is considered overweight.
30+ is considered obese.

I checked mine and it's 24.7.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM

Here's something for the crowd that loves to compare Germany vs America:

Paved highways (as of 2002).....

Germany - 230, 735Km 13th in the world

America - 4,148,395Km 1st in the world

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/tr...highways-paved

Gee duh, I wonder why America loves cars? (only rocket scientists need reply)

Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
You know I saw this same attitude in another thread concerning chemtrails...

We had the OP backed up against a wall and the only thing he responded with was:

Yeah, we are all too stupid to understand the superior intellect and verbiage you display here...
Well, you keep aptly displaying that you cannot discern between sharing information and arguing a position. What does that make you? And again, what is with your horrible attitude?

And what am I displaying here is simply a piece of information. Alas, I have said this over and over. I can only conclude that you either have a brick instead of gray matter or that your only purpose on this board is to act like a giant a-hole. Which one is it?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Well, you keep aptly displaying that you cannot discern between sharing information and arguing a position. What does that make you? And again, what is with your horrible attitude?

And what am I displaying here is simply a piece of information. Alas, I have said this over and over. I can only conclude that you either have a brick instead of gray matter or that your only purpose on this board is to act like a giant a-hole. Which one is it?
Sharing a personal fantasy of yours and trying to pass it off as fact?

Yeah right......

Now now, we are an adult forum... Try to act grown-up here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies