Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Audis are cars for the dumbest of the dumb- one of the most expensive cars out there yet one of the least reliable. I am not stupid, so I try invest my money intelligently, so yes, I would never buy an Audi, good try though!
You can't even change your own bike tires and your discussing reliability of German autos? I've never had any issues with my Audi. Oh, it burns Premium...

Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
If you live in the country you need a car to get supplies and to work ...If you are in the burbs or the core of a city- You really do not need a car....The more people use public transit the more money will be invested in it- Most people who use cars in the city are people with an attitude that public transit is just to nasty- that they have to deal with smelly folks in the morning- a huge immigrant ridership....and tedious switching from route to route...For me it is an adventure...Most of the time I will be the only white guy on the subway car.....It's interesting- but to tell you the truth- If I could have private transport....I would take it...Public transportation has become a thing for immigrants and for the poor...most with money avoid it like the plague.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:46 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I'm not a bike fanatic, but why does it have to be all or nothing? If someone is against what they feel is the wasteful use of fuel, why should they stop using it completely?

Just because I must spend some of my money for necessities like bills (including my natural gas bill) and mortgage, should I spend all of my money like a drunken sailor? Wouldn't it be wise to save some of it?
That is what the free, open, unregulated exchange of goods, services, currency and human opinion --- also known as laissez-faire capitalism --- is really all about.

And too many of the New Puritans, Nanny-Starers and Chicken Littles are scared to death of it.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Well, this country gives people the freedom to be ignorant- so go ahead and live in your eternal bliss- The oil companies love "enlightened" people like yourself who take pride in their servitude You are exactly what they are looking for!
Anything made with plastic in your house right now has petroleum ingredients in it. That computer you're typing on was made with oil from the greedy oil companies That electricity running in your house is made possible thanks to oil powered transport vehicles shipping most likely coal or nuclear rods to your local power station. The 21st century style 1st world lifestyle you enjoy is made possible thanks to greedy oil companies. Sit on that for a moment, will you

Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Anything made with plastic in your house right now has petroleum ingredients in it. That computer you're typing on was made with oil from the greedy oil companies That electricity running in your house is made possible thanks to oil powered transport vehicles shipping most likely coal or nuclear rods to your local power station. The 21st century style 1st world lifestyle you enjoy is made possible thanks to greedy oil companies. Sit on that for a moment, will you
Yeah. Most people who are denouncing our dependency on oil don't realize that most items in our daily lives are made from oil which includes all plastics, many textiles, rubbers, oils and greases.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I'm not a bike fanatic, but why does it have to be all or nothing? If someone is against what they feel is the wasteful use of fuel, why should they stop using it completely?

Just because I must spend some of my money for necessities like bills (including my natural gas bill) and mortgage, should I spend all of my money like a drunken sailor? Wouldn't it be wise to save some of it?
I am not the one telling the world they should stop doing a thing and just ride bikes..... i find this guy just a tad hypocritical when he calls everyone else an idiot for driving anything but a pedal bike.

In find it so because he ignores everything else his life style is dirty for, the fact he burns fuel to heat, to eat and he wears it too. We eat, heat and wear oil!

He is either stupid or trolling. I expect a bit of both..... he isn't saving much on no gas either... I save that much not buying poly pro clothing which costs less than cotton and wool, but wears out faster.

That type of clothing also melts when exposed to heat, and I do welding and torch work so oil based clothing isn't even safe for be, but for him it's dirty....

There is a lot of very dirty items from oil waste bi-products some even goes into women's make up and most all shampoo...

All of these other things are over looked right down to how dirty the clear anti theft packaging is on all items in stores with any...

I just want him to buck it up and admit it, and since i am a x foreign car tech I know what comes out that tail pipe.

Where are the cats on home heating systems, where are the cats on plastics making factories. WHEN HE AND ABOUT 99% Of the Rest of people will admit that I might begin to hear and listen....

Long before oil there were other oils manly from plants but that also from whales. I am not asking for or wanting any whale oil really but some might be nice to use for it very special properties, but I am asking for a return to oils from plants hemp mainly since that plant can be raised up to 3 times in a season and is completely bio-degradable. 1,001 items can be made of it, bio-electric can too, as well as fuel vehicles and machines in the future for a totally bio-degradable future unlike dyno oils and their plastics.

At one time the world was driven off hemp, and in another time we will be forced too. Please note hemp and pot are not the same thing exactly and I am not trying to support recreational smoking.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Well, this country gives people the freedom to be ignorant- so go ahead and live in your eternal bliss- The oil companies love "enlightened" people like yourself who take pride in their servitude You are exactly what they are looking for!
bla bla bal bla bal bla bla We are as free to burn fuel as you are wasting bandwidth! Cry on as you eat diesel fuel, waste home heating fuels, wear plastic clothing , date if yer lucky enough to catch a one and celebrate her oil based make up! the tires, grease and oil for your bike are as bad as anything else because with out them you would be walking and even that is dirty as your shoes are likely made of oil JACK

But please go right on bragging about your pedal bike moron......

Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Audis are cars for the dumbest of the dumb- one of the most expensive cars out there yet one of the least reliable. I am not stupid, so I try invest my money intelligently, so yes, I would never buy an Audi, good try though!
Wanna bet your not stupid? I sure hope so, because i could use another tank full of diesel in the 1 ton dump truck! Winters comin' and soon I need to plow.

Don't forget that with out oil the presses wouldn't run and no one could even make ink to print so called money with.

No oil = No human

Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You can't even change your own bike tires and your discussing reliability of German autos? I've never had any issues with my Audi. Oh, it burns Premium...
Whatcha got 10.5:1 compression? You better run a engine like on on the hi test... Comp ratios makes what fuel to burn...

I am a x foreign car tech and I KNOW that type of car is very nice... back in the mid 70's Audi had a few issues but all car makers do at times.

This pedal biker kid who probably lives in his mother basement will never know what life is with out a nice car.

Me, I have no use of cars as big trucks and motorcycles are what flip my stick, but I still like nice cars.

I like rural living, making a pretty big garden that can feed us from one season past the next, and to have my own home made maple syrup which is free for my labor. I burn about 1 cord of wood for about 3 gallons of that. Talk about make CO2

This is what my smoke stack looks like at night. It is a 6 inch pipe blowing out a couple feet of FIRE!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:32 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,492,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am not the one telling the world they should stop doing a thing and just ride bikes..... i find this guy just a tad hypocritical when he calls everyone else an idiot for driving anything but a pedal bike.

In find it so because he ignores everything else his life style is dirty for, the fact he burns fuel to heat, to eat and he wears it too. We eat, heat and wear oil!

He is either stupid or trolling. I expect a bit of both..... he isn't saving much on no gas either... I save that much not buying poly pro clothing which costs less than cotton and wool, but wears out faster.

That type of clothing also melts when exposed to heat, and I do welding and torch work so oil based clothing isn't even safe for be, but for him it's dirty....

There is a lot of very dirty items from oil waste bi-products some even goes into women's make up and most all shampoo...

All of these other things are over looked right down to how dirty the clear anti theft packaging is on all items in stores with any...

I just want him to buck it up and admit it, and since i am a x foreign car tech I know what comes out that tail pipe.

Where are the cats on home heating systems, where are the cats on plastics making factories. WHEN HE AND ABOUT 99% Of the Rest of people will admit that I might begin to hear and listen....

Long before oil there were other oils manly from plants but that also from whales. I am not asking for or wanting any whale oil really but some might be nice to use for it very special properties, but I am asking for a return to oils from plants hemp mainly since that plant can be raised up to 3 times in a season and is completely bio-degradable. 1,001 items can be made of it, bio-electric can too, as well as fuel vehicles and machines in the future for a totally bio-degradable future unlike dyno oils and their plastics.

At one time the world was driven off hemp, and in another time we will be forced too. Please note hemp and pot are not the same thing exactly and I am not trying to support recreational smoking.
Maybe my viewpoint and the OP's viewpoint have diverged a bit. His later posts have gotten silly, and I don't want to force anyone to do anything. (reread the original post, the OP wasn't telling anyone to do anything, either)

The original point of this thread, as I understood it, was to point out how most of us have grown dependent on the car to live our lives. There are only a handful of places in this whole country where a person can comfortably live without a car. Why did we let that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies