Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,600,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And if it weren't for Congress that money would be in their bank account today.
Quote:
A US lawmaker has blocked the transfer of $450 million in appropriated American foreign aid to Egypt, saying she is not certain whether Egypt is in “urgent need” of the money.

http://presstv.com/detail/2012/09/29...-aid-to-egypt/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 AM

30 posts, read 45,656 times
If Obama uses executive order to give OUR money to our enemy, he should be impeached for treason.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,519,777 times
I agree there should be a review as to why exactly they do need this money. Didn't Obama a couple weeks ago question whether they were actually an ally? The Muslim Bro's were slow to condemn the embassy attacks, unlike Libya's new government.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:43 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Barry Soreto is the byproduct of an African man who knocked up many women out of wedlock and of a white liberal hippy that spread her legs for said guy. The African than shockingly abandoned him, and later in life the government stepped in and financed most of his education. It's no wonder he loves the government, they took the place of his real father that African man pimp. Now he feels good throwing money around that isnt his. It's a way to be 'generous' with other peoples money without actually having any skin in the game yourself. A national tragedy this guy is.
Barry "Soreto?" LMAO....you can't even spell your insults right.

Pathetic.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
you got a link?...even so, what does that have to do with Obama?...poor attempt at deflection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
1. Please provide a source link
2. If true, he was wrong to do this just as he was wrong for his amnesty for illegal aliens. His generosity backfired on him. Unlike liberals in the Democratic Party, we try to learn from the mistakes of the past while they double down on those mistakes.
A link? Now why would you want me to waste my time doing that? See, what i already know is that after i posted that, you guys were so damn shocked at the idea that it would even be possible that your hero, the Gipper, would ever do something so "treasonous" that you ran out and checked it yourself. And by now, you already know i'm right.

But hey....just for sh*ts and giggles:

1983 United States embassy bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The excerpt:

Quote:
The House Foreign Affairs Committee April 19 voted to approve $251 million in additional economic and military aid for Lebanon, as requested by the administration. But it attached an amendment to the bill that would force the White House to seek approval for any expanded U.S. military role.
Keep in mind, this was one day after the bombing. I have another source that says the vote was a month later. Regardless, that would make it even worse. This is a Canadian source. More detailed layout about the money.

RCPL - History Of Lebanon: WAR IN LEBANON

Quote:
May 20: The Senate approved $251 million in additional assistance for Lebanon this year, including $150 million in grants to help rebuild Lebanon's economy, $100 million in loan guarantees for military equipment purchases, and $1 million for military training.
Hmmmm.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 AM

7,430 posts, read 5,689,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Reagan gave Lebanon over 200 million in aid AFTER 17 Americans were killed in our embassy there.

Any takers?
It's Woodrow Wilson's fault

Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,349,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Yes, thankfully a rep from Texas blocked this ridiculousness. Perhaps we should do the same with Pakistan.
I've had several conversations with Congresswoman Kay from Texas. We've had our disagreements on many issues and she is gracious in letting me vent. She respects her constituency. I don't agree with her voting record on many things. And I voted for her.

In this issue, I am 100% behind her efforts.

The country needs to get behind her in this issue!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,172,502 times
Whoa watch out if you use our source in Canada because the CBC just did yesterday a story on the F-35 JSF II and crunched the numbers and turns out we lied to say we thought the F-35 was the best fighter per Doller for all Roles and lockheeed asked us yo say it was a great plane do to Ronn Paul and esp John McCain asking why it was costing so much and not even close to being in full production and why after a decade has Lockeeed asked for more money to fix issus that that have turned up before was sent to them to fix those flaws when they got billions to fix those flaws like the F-35C having the Arrester hook not even mounted to where it would even be able to snag the cable on the carrier deck but more like it was a last minute accessory welded on any spot that the could.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,801,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Reagan gave Lebanon over 200 million in aid AFTER 17 Americans were killed in our embassy there.

Any takers?

Little difference betwen the two major parties on foreign policy.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:08 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,467,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How much money do we still give Israel after 34 sailors killed and what 174 injured? Did we still give money to Irael after catching them spying?
What about after we caught them trying to ship patriot Missiles to china?
My point is we shouldnt be giving money to anyone who stabs us in the back.

couldn't agree more. Add on the fact that borrowing money to give it away realy isnt sound fiscal policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies