Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:56 PM

472 posts, read 740,259 times

Advertisements

But ......It,s Bush's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,095,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damned fine list of his crimes and just think, he will get by with all of it because the media belongs to him in every way.
Not only that but they all have dirt on each other in key positions to ensure nobody gets out of line...

That list is just the tip of the turd floating in the bowl...

Old 09-29-2012, 05:26 PM

33,539 posts, read 18,133,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I agree.

But more on topic to this thread....

Isn't this just more Chicago style politics?.....Obama is BRIBING them by promising to give them cash to defend their legal problems for violating a US Law (as long as they do as he says).
Obama has no character. His main goal is to stay in power and do this country in. And people are voting for it too.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:30 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,939,543 times
This guy is trying to sweep anything and everything under the rug until after the election. It would be really funny if it weren't for the fact that the media is doing everything it can to accommodate his wishes.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In 1988, a veto-proof Democrat Congress passed the WARN act, which required large employers to notify workers facing potential layoffs, 60 days before such layoffs were expected to take place. It became law without President Reagan's signature.

Now, with sequestration (automatic cuts across the board in govt spending, including in Defense) scheduled to take place on Jan. 1, 2013, employers such as large defense contractors are required to send out notices to all employees facing layoffs. Federal law allows no exceptions or extensions for employers covered by the WARN Act.

This means those companies must send out thousands of layoff warning notices, a few days before the November elections, required by Federal law. Many states also have state laws similar to the Federal WARN Act, requiring such advance notices of layoffs.

And so the White House, whose Constitutional duty is to make sure all Federal laws are obeyed, is begging those contractors to violate both Federal and State law. And they are even offering bribes, paying the companies' legal expenses if they will challenge the (until-today-clear) Federal laws in court and so delay sending the notices until after the elections.

Is there any corruption or violation the Obamanites won't commit to try to retain power, while refusing to do the job the people elected them to do?

Is it November yet?

------------------------------------------------------

Obama administration tells contractors again: Don

Obama administration tells contractors again: Don’t issue layoff notices

by Jeremy Herb - 09/28/12 07:25 PM ET

The Obama administration issued new guidance intended for defense contractors Friday afternoon, reiterating the administration’s position that the companies should not be issuing layoff notices over sequestration.
I really do not understand liberals. They pretend to care but obviously don't. At least if people realize a lay-off is coming, they have some time to plan. Maybe with Christmas coming, they won't go into debt for it, or if they were thinking about buying a new home, they would decide it's better to wait.

Telling companies to break that law just to win the election shows he is not a nice person at all.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM

385 posts, read 614,852 times
I work for one of the large "Beltway Bandit" federal defense contractors. If I said it's name y'all would recognize it.

Any employee who hasn't heard about sequestration by now must not know how to read. While we haven't received the WARN Act notices (yet) or reports of shenanigans by the administration, we receive plenty of company-wide emails regarding everything from changes in our benefits to contracts that have been won. There has been something in each one regarding sequestration, effects that have already been felt (e.g. customer's projects being postponed since the work would go into next year, and people/resources might not be available), and efforts the company is taking to mitigate any adverse effects (hiring freeze).

So, efforts by the administration to keep contract employees in the dark are laughable at this point. We all know what's coming.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,990,261 times
"I gotta WARN ya - your doomed if you stay. Go. Go!"

- Crazy Ralph - Friday the 13th(1980)

Old 09-29-2012, 06:42 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,271,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I work for one of the large "Beltway Bandit" federal defense contractors. If I said it's name y'all would recognize it.

Any employee who hasn't heard about sequestration by now must not know how to read. While we haven't received the WARN Act notices (yet) or reports of shenanigans by the administration, we receive plenty of company-wide emails regarding everything from changes in our benefits to contracts that have been won. There has been something in each one regarding sequestration, effects that have already been felt (e.g. customer's projects being postponed since the work would go into next year, and people/resources might not be available), and efforts the company is taking to mitigate any adverse effects (hiring freeze).

So, efforts by the administration to keep contract employees in the dark are laughable at this point. We all know what's coming.
But the employer must let you know according to the law Obama endorsed. It's not good enough to just have a "feeling". The law's the law, right?

Once again, I'm so glad I turned down the chance to "slug" on 66 and live 50-60 miles away from NoVA like you do. I much prefer staying Research Triangle Park in beautiful NC with my E-Z commute and much more secure job.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,776,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He is basically allowing them a out when they aly off without notice.Its like a police officer directing you to make a illegal movement ;
In most cities the police are authorized to do that.

The President of the United States is not.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:32 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In most cities the police are authorized to do that.

The President of the United States is not.
In Obamas world, the police are just stupid. And he has no respect for law, as we've seen already. I've never heard of such a selfish POTUS before. He always thinks of himself, always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies