Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 06:10 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,615,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes, and you said that you could think of only one reason - supposedly a scenario in which Russia attacked America, independent of any act of the U.S.A.

The Crimean War is a good example.
Only the defensive - is one reason!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 06:10 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Grey: извеняюсь = "I apologize", or "I'm sorry" (for...)

Get over yourselves, people. War with Russia isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter who could beat whom, because it's not going to happen.

Don't little boys ever grow up? Is it always about playing war? Go home, it's dinnertime.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
You'd have to ask someone in Alaska - try that forum.
Ок!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Grey: извеняюсь = "I apologize", or "I'm sorry" (for...)

Get over yourselves, people. War with Russia isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter who could beat whom, because it's not going to happen.

Don't little boys ever grow up? Is it always about playing war? Go home, it's dinnertime.
I'm about and say that the War is not needed!!!!!!War anyone good does not.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Ruth4Truth,What about the time, or I did not understand. I have 12.17 day

Old 05-20-2012, 06:30 PM

Ruth4Truth,(Don't little boys ever grow up? Is it always about playing war? Go home, it's dinnertime.)This I can not understand! In Russian can be translated in different ways (Variants of the translation a lot)If the account of the war? this theme is not like me as I am for peace in the whole world!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Ruth4Truth,(Don't little boys ever grow up? Is it always about playing war? Go home, it's dinnertime.)This I can not understand! In Russian can be translated in different ways (Variants of the translation a lot)If the account of the war? this theme is not like me as I am for peace in the whole world!!!
I am for peace - peace through nuclear warhead superiority.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I am for peace - peace through nuclear warhead superiority.
This is to what? No superiority Nor in America, nor in Russia.Russia built up its nuclear potential only for the reason that it was increasing the America. Ruth4Truth,Rights, the Cold war ended and such topics not relevant.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
This is an erroneous opinion!!! Russia has more than lifting the planes! They are available in the air force of Russia. Who can sit even on the ground. This is such airplanes As Ruslan, Antey, IL 76 and many others. No country is able to deliver military equipment from the aircraft together with the crew except Russia. In the USSR at the exercises after 26 minutes landed 8 thousand air infantry and 156 units of equipment. But it was the USSR, but Russia has the de cargo aircraft fleet .Supply-Maybe You're right. But the shortest distance from Russia to America 55 nautical miles
yes russia has decent airlift capability, but as i said, nowhere near enough to attack the US, let alone sustain an invading army., and while the russian air force has some decent front line fighters, you dont have enough to protect your airlift capability against the US air force, especially coming in over alaska.

as far as attacking through alaska, you face an extremely hard push through the alaskan wilderness, what with virtually no roads over the mountains, and you will be fighting the weather the entire way, so by the time your troops got to anchorage, they would be quite exhausted and ready to be turned back by fresh US troops waiting for them.

Quote:
rbohm,In any case, And in this You are right even with the air fleet of Supply will be very bad In this You are right! The winners will not be! Америка as a very big country Will only desert. And from Russia and from America. That's just what reasons can force Russia to this in Your opinion?
the only reason russia and the US would go to war in the first place is if russia suffered an extremely poor crop harvest, and had serious problems obtaining the resources to run the country. it would also take someone like stalin running the country to take the first step and attack the US. and that is a scenario that will likely never happen.

Quote:
most women dont understand the competitive nature of guys, and so they look at us as if we have never grown up, which in reality we havent.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:55 PM

rbohm,No this is not so. If perish harvest in one place he will be in a different place of Russia. Only if Russia were a threat of war. This is the only reason possible.The USSR lived in a closed world, and she lived well who would not speak. (at least the people did not complain about life)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies