Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Madison was correct. The problem with mixing Church and State is one can use the power of the other to create a tyranny. The church can abuse the power of law to force behavior, attendance and payment. The State can use the "will of God" as presented by the church to justify all manner of atrocity and tyranny. The result is a church corrupted by secular power and a state justifying tyranny by referencing God.

So long as we actually follow the edict of "congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of religion" Christianity and all the other religions will do as well as they may. As adopting any7 aspect of Sharia Law is contrary to this edict we must be very careful to never let Sharia gain a legal or cultural power anywhere in our country.

The practice of Islam as a government, religion, culture and law is a current example of an economic, social and political tyranny oppressing millions of people. This is the world's greatest tyranny and biggest threat to secular based law, peace and justice.

Christianity and Islam will not be made illegal and must never be made into law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM

111 posts, read 157,446 times
Im a strong beleever in seperation of church and state and an atheist.The tax exemption should be lifted and god took off our money and anything els owned by the public.But I dont beleev any religion will be outlawed and it shouldnt.Folks should have the freedom to beleev or not to beleev and go to any church and pray if they want to anywhere as long as its a privit thing.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHenry View Post
Im a strong beleever in seperation of church and state and an atheist.The tax exemption should be lifted and god took off our money and anything els owned by the public.But I dont beleev any religion will be outlawed and it shouldnt.Folks should have the freedom to beleev or not to beleev and go to any church and pray if they want to anywhere as long as its a privit thing.
The church's actual charity should still be tax free. But when they spend money, like the Mormon church did in California, to influence the political process, they should be taxes like any other business.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You attack Christians but you don't answer the question. I could say liberals are the whiners because they cry and carry on about presence of religion in public that they could ignore if they wanted to (which I don't understand why its so hard if its something you don't even believe in), or that gays and their allies are whiners because they cry and carry on about people that think gay sex isnt something to be celebrated, but I don't because its best to respect all points of views. Liberal version of tolerance: think like we do or be mocked, ridiculed, and humiliated.

If a group of Muslims began praying in front of your church would you be upset? Would you ignore it? Would you join in? What would you do?

Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 AM

111 posts, read 157,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The church's actual charity should still be tax free. But when they spend money, like the Mormon church did in California, to influence the political process, they should be taxes like any other business.
I agree with what you saying about charity.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Its unimaginable now, but considering less than 50% of young adults today consider themselves Christian and the rhetoric coming from most young people is that religion, especially Christianity is an evil, despicable belief system that has done nothing but hold society back from progress, is it possible that when today's twentysomethings get into power we could start seeing government regulation of religion? Certain things are almost certain in the next 30 years, such as churches no longer being tax exempt, Christian holidays being removed from our list of national holidays, and possibly the banning of religious symbolism/imagery where viewable by the public, but can/will it go farther than that? Will the Bible be banned as "hate literature" because of its passages concerning homosexuals? Considering most on this forum are in that young twentysomething age group and are strong atheist, what do you want to see for the future of religion in this country?
Christianity itself won't be illegal, but particular teachings and attitudes Generally associated with fundamental Christians will be indirectly outlawed. Take your example about the bible and homosexuality. The bible won't be banned. Eventually though, teaching that homosexuality is immoral, an abomination, a perversion harmful to society, and the like, will be considered child abuse or a 'hate crime' or grounds for a civil action.

OTOH, I'm one of those fear-mongering tin-foil hatters who also believes we will move closer to blasphemy laws, when insulting, mocking, degrading the religious beliefs of others will be restricted.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Yeah. Like those that scream about being offended when they see Christmas decorations in a public place.

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!
You need to get your lament straight. You can put Christmas decorations any place you like EXCEPT places belonging to the gov't. Any other 'public place' is fair game - so, knock yourselves out.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

"As things stand now ..."

Things aren't standing now. Things are moving at breakneck speed towards eliminating the influence of Christianity in American society.

At the rate we're going, we're probably only decades away from this:

FOR GREATER GLORY Trailer [HD] - YouTube
Not moving fast enough for me. However, removing the influence of Christianity is not the same as making it illegal.

As things stand now, you Christians need to stop posting/uttering hyperboles.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Jews only make up around 1-2% of the US population, and we are still legal... not to mention, we don't go around whining about being "under-appreciated" or oppressed whenever we're not feeling like the center of attention. Maybe Christian Americans could take a few lessons from us, especially considering we're an older religion which has endured & survived more ACTUAL oppression?
If only....

Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Its unimaginable now, but considering less than 50% of young adults today consider themselves Christian and the rhetoric coming from most young people is that religion, especially Christianity is an evil, despicable belief system that has done nothing but hold society back from progress, is it possible that when today's twentysomethings get into power we could start seeing government regulation of religion? Certain things are almost certain in the next 30 years, such as churches no longer being tax exempt, Christian holidays being removed from our list of national holidays, and possibly the banning of religious symbolism/imagery where viewable by the public, but can/will it go farther than that? Will the Bible be banned as "hate literature" because of its passages concerning homosexuals? Considering most on this forum are in that young twentysomething age group and are strong atheist, what do you want to see for the future of religion in this country?
It's heading in that direction, but a better question is will America be here in the near future.

Not only from a Christian perspective is it clear that this nation will face divine Judgment, but even from a secular perspective one can see how this nation is finished.

Six trillion dollar debt in a service-based welfare economy hanging on a fiat Currency that is inflated due to its current position as the World's Reserve Currency in which nations are currently diversifying away from.. it's all quite clear.

In the upcoming World Government, "Religious Tolerance" will indeed be enforced thus Christians fill be "forced" to compromise on their primary mission of proclaiming the Gospel.

Mark 16:15-16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

1 Corinthians 15

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies