Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
This.

Poor thing doesn't even realize the reason he is so angry with this particular class of people is because he comes from the same ranks as they. Being half white didn't save him from growing up in the slums. Too bad he can't progress without trying to drag other black people down with his generalizations, narrow--mindedness and ignorance.
How can I be "ignorant" if I grew up around the people I'm talking about? If I made a thread about the Japanese mafia, okay, call me ignorant. But to say things about people similar to my own "family" is ignorance is absurd.

And yes, I came from a lower income family....we weren't quite ghetto, but pretty close. I got out and hence I have more right than most to call the fulls who stay in the ghetto into adulthood by their rightful name.

If someone died of thirst after being locked in the Poland Spring warehouse, I would laugh at that full. At the same token, if someone is ghetto in America and continues to remain ghetto, I laugh at them. The black American horse has been led to water, but so many of them refuse to drink.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Very true, and it has been...well, throughout US history. Another issue is that, even if a black guy does everything right, employers will still prefer to hire a white guy, even if the white guy has a recent felony.

Then why are African immigrants doing so well? They are mostly all dark skinned and don't have the benefit of being raised in American culture, yet they are very successful indeed, especially compared to American blacks:

Study examines success of African immigrants - Study examines success of African immigrants - BGSU

So, if it isn't racism holding blacks back (Nigerians are black too) and it isn't some "genetic inferiority" (Nigerians are from the same part of Africa as American blacks are, and have little or no European DNA, unlike American blacks) what is the issues?

As Thomas Sowell points out, it is simple: CULTURE. Blacks have this ghetto culture that they cling to that is holding them back. Lose the ghetto culture and don't be afraid of "acting white", and you'll get somewhere in life. I know this from EXPERIENCE.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
What if a well educated man of Scottish descent, who's never been in trouble with the law, has a decent jobs, volunteers at his local animal shelter etc sees a drunk at the bus stop. Said drunk, who is also of Scottish descent, says rude remarks to some women at the bus stop, stumbled around and drops his heroine out of his pocket and stumbles home.
Wow a drunk AND a heroin addict.

But I digress.

Quote:
The well educated man of Scottish descent says "that guy was trash," and another fellow of Scottish descent says "why you talkin like dat fer? He your brotha. wat, ya don't like Scottish folks? Dase your peoples."
Most well adjusted and "well educated" folk regardless of race, or ethnicity, would recognize a drunk heroin user who is abusive to an person as being... a drunk and a drug addict and wouldn't feel compelled to separate themselves from another human being regardless of how self-destructive or ill-mannered their behavior.

Perhaps that would be a rationale for the less educated person chastising the well educated but clearly insecure person who feels a constant need to place distance between themselves and others.

PS -

Quote:
"why you talkin like dat fer? He your brotha. wat, ya don't like Scottish folks? Dase your peoples."
I don't that a Scottish person would recognize the accent as being Scottish despite the heavy influence of Scottish english on the development of African American vernacular english which in fact is more similar to most Southern english dialects. And based upon your poor attempt to write in that voice it is also readily apparent that you aren't familiar with either.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Why are you so racist? I make a post attacking ghetto trash, and you, in your head, instantly connect "ghetto trash" with "all black people"?

I guess you just don't know much about black history. Ever hear of Neil deGrasse Tyson? He's a famous astrophysicists and he's black. Blacks are much more than the ghetto slime you seem to think they are.

Anyway, yes, I grew up in the ghetto and guess what? I GOT OUT! IT ISN'T THAT HARD! I just worked as a busboy at a restaurant, got promoted to food runner, kept my ears open and learned more and became a server, than a server at a nicer restaurant, then a sommelier assistant and now a sommelier/manager. I can talk about ghetto people because I TOO LIVED IN THE GHETTO ONCE AND GOT OUT AND CAN SAY FROM EXPERIENCE THAT IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO DO!

Oh, and if I think "having a white mother is a saving grace", than why did I say this:

Why do African immigrants out perform American blacks?

But I will say this: I hate modern black culture. That doesn't make me racist, only that I hate ghetto culture. There are, believe it or not, blacks who live outside of ghetto culture. You seem to think hating ghetto culture is the same as being racist against blacks, hence trying to change that ghetto culture would be "hurting black folks." That kind of thinking is part of the problem.

Actually, I am exactly what you wish that you were...but you are not.

I was raised in a two-parent, upper income Black household in an upper middle class predominantly Black neighborhood in Los Angeles. My brother and I (as well as my cousins) all attended private schools. I graduated from one of the top private universities on the west coast. And I come from a long line of Black educators, professionals and business owners.

So sorry but your "ghetto culture" diatribe clearly does not work on me. The things that you believe that you are "educating" me about I learned at the Sunday dinner table with my family, at the knee of my grandfather who was a college professor, in the 5th grade or in my actual travels abroad. So please do yourself a favor and realize the more that you post, the more that you reveal just how uneducated you truly happen to be.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, I am exactly what you wish that you were...but you are not.

I was raised in a two-parent, upper income Black household in an upper middle class predominantly Black neighborhood in Los Angeles. My brother and I (as well as my cousins) all attended private schools. I graduated from one of the top private universities on the west coast. And I come from a long line of Black educators, professionals and business owners.

So sorry but your "ghetto culture" diatribe clearly does not work on me. The things that you believe that you are "educating" me about I learned at the Sunday dinner table with my family, at the knee of my grandfather who was a college professor, in the 5th grade or in my actual travels abroad. So please do yourself a favor and realize the more that you post, the more that you reveal just how uneducated you truly happen to be.
No, quite the contrary, I like that I came from the ghetto. Why? Because everything I have in life I earn on my own. Beating the "odds" is a great feeling, one you will never understand. You will never know what it feels like to be all of three foot three and yet having a giant thug bleeding on the grown, all of his chums in awe after you pounded his face into the concrete. You will never know the feeling of going from a mother who drank no-name vodka to get drunk and a father who loved old English to tasting a 2005 Chatue Palmer at a grand portfolio tasting while chatting with Mr. Duroux himself...do you know what that is? The flavor profile? Where does Gamay grow in America? What is sur lie aging? Who was Robert Mondavi? I learned these things on my own. You will never know what it is to learn proper English beyond that which most use in common dialogue from observation and taking notes, not school.

I am grateful for coming from nothing. It is not where we begin, but how far we go. Few shall go as far as I will go...Membership - Court of Master Sommeliers

The true ubermensch is not born, but created. Being born into privilege would have left me weak. That is why I have no pity for ghetto slime that cannot left themselves from the filth they lay in; I believe in Darwinism. What, pray tell, have you ever risen above? Static cling? A flat cherry coke?

I am exactly what you will never be. So do yourself a favor and fall silent. Weaklings should not be suffered to speak on things that they do not understand. "That which does not kill us makes us stronger," said a great man whom your grandfather may or may not have told you about. I needed know one to tell me of him because I read his books, on my own, at age fourteen. I also studied Marx, Rand, and Kierkegaard in high school, not because anyone made me, but because I chose to. Can you say the same?

I can survive philosophical debates, sake tastings and, if needs be, street fights. Can you say the same?

People like me are the superior: Stronger than the ghetto, more exquisite than an aged Petrus...and more human than human.

Vampire Hunter D BL - White Zombie - More Human Than Human - YouTube

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
My father's people were the Hausa, a proud African tribe who cross the Sahara trading gold and cloth with the Arabs (I had a DNA test)

The Hausa People / Les Haoussas /

Nigeria and Ghana are on my short list of places to visit before I die, and I dream of seeing the Mother Africa.

My heroes growing up included Frederick Douglas and Patrice Lumumba. I love all things African...it's the modern, low class black ghetto culture I can't stand.

So, what you're saying is that because I can't stand ghetto people, I hate myself because black=ghetto and hence hating ghetto=hating blacks

Thank you for proving my point.
Who cares what your ancestors were in a different country in a different time.
It's who you are now, and that's not so pretty.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Whites have Paris Hilton, Madonna and Lady Gaga, etc...

Old 10-01-2012, 06:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
When a culture has too much invested in a what can I get mentality ( and that isn't color specific) they fail to focus on the people that made their real marks on the culture. As a black I would want to look to George Washington Carver, Elijah McCoy(the real McCoy), Madame C.J. Walker,Garrett Morgan or others that actually added something to society. As a society we have alienated many, yet some have found ways to make significant impacts...Why not seek an identity with those vs a sista which had 5 unwanted kids by 18?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There is much truth in this, despite how offensive some may find it. Until WE start demanding excellence of our own community and stop excusing and alibing those who fail to positively contribute to society we are never going to get respect from the other parts of society. WE need to stop allowing ourselves to be defined by our baser members.
That's exactly what happened with this RACIST thread....that was the purpose.

RACISM defines a group.

RACISM is allowed in America and with this thread it's encouraged.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
No, quite the contrary, I like that I came from the ghetto. Why? Because everything I have in life I earn on my own. Beating the "odds" is a great feeling, one you will never understand. You will never know what it feels like to be all of three foot three and yet having a giant thug bleeding on the grown, all of his chums in awe after you pounded his face into the concrete. You will never know the feeling of going from a mother who drank no-name vodka to get drunk and a father who loved old English to tasting a 2005 Chatue Palmer at a grand portfolio tasting while chatting with Mr. Duroux himself...do you know what that is? The flavor profile? Where does Gamay grow in America? What is sur lie aging? Who was Robert Mondavi? I learned these things on my own. You will never know what it is to learn proper English beyond that which most use in common dialogue from observation and taking notes, not school.

I am grateful for coming from nothing. It is not where we begin, but how far we go. Few shall go as far as I will go...Membership - Court of Master Sommeliers

The true ubermensch is not born, but created. Being born into privilege would have left me weak. That is why I have no pity for ghetto slime that cannot left themselves from the filth they lay in; I believe in Darwinism. What, pray tell, have you ever risen above? Static cling? A flat cherry coke?

I am exactly what you will never be. So do yourself a favor and fall silent. Weaklings should not be suffered to speak on things that they do not understand. "That which does not kill us makes us stronger," said a great man whom your grandfather may or may not have told you about. I needed know one to tell me of him because I read his books, on my own, at age fourteen. I also studied Marx, Rand, and Kierkegaard in high school, not because anyone made me, but because I chose to. Can you say the same?

I can survive philosophical debates, sake tastings and, if needs be, street fights. Can you say the same?""""

I don't have to! YOU do...haha!

"""People like me are the superior: Stronger than the ghetto, more exquisite than an aged Petrus...and more human than human.

Vampire Hunter D BL - White Zombie - More Human Than Human - YouTube
WHITE Zombie? So you admit you're really white....I guessed that from the title of the thread

And what does the word word "full" mean, you used in place of the word "fool" ....????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies