Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,588,957 times

Advertisements

Alzheimers is a sad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,494,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
No, what is bigoted is to argue for personal freedoms and less government intrusion into people's personal lives and then go ahead and constantly propose policies aimed at returning women to the status of breed b.itches even in cases of rape and incest.

I don't doubt that your sentiment is a good one. That is not where the bigotry is found - rather, it is the way conservatives go about pushing this sentiment that appears bigoted. That's why we all keep hearing and reading about the "war on women."

See, one of the problems is that the pro-choice crowd generally does not argue that abortion should be legal at ALL stages of pregnancy. However, the anti-abortion crowd tends to make it ALL or NOTHING - a position that hardly works. And because they know it hardly works, they attempt to push an all or nothing viewpoint onto the pro-choice crowd by claiming they are pro-abortion or anti-life. Only then can they sustain the illusion of dichotomy under which they hide their extreme stance.

What is bigoted is claiming all these rights and freedoms for yourself while simultaneously arguing for the restriction of such rights and freedoms for others.

As I said, times are changing: You either adapt or you will just be left behind. Your party, too.

LMFAO. The made up "war on women". What a bunh of hogwash. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Politicians like power. In porder to get power in this country they need votes. And lots of them. So why in the world would a politician alienate half the poulation by declaring "war" on them? LMFAO. One has to be a dopey arse Democrat to believe anyone is out to get women. LMFAO.

The make believe war on women is a pathetic and stoopid attempt by Democrats to distract voters from the war on capitalism being waged by the current White House. And we wonder why employers won't spend money or hire people.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:13 PM

23,773 posts, read 14,900,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
You have a right to defend yourself from bodily harm. A fetus cannot protect itself from bodily harm.

Are you saying nobody should be able to defend themselves? Don't tell criminals that. You'll get robbed.
It all depends on whose ox is being gored. You just pretty much said it is Ok to shoot a person banging on a locked door.

Can you imagine any reason that a grown woman can terminate a pregnancy. My neighbor had 5 kids. She was told by the ob another would kill her. It did. That made a big impression on me.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,494,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It all depends on whose ox is being gored. You just pretty much said it is Ok to shoot a person banging on a locked door.

Can you imagine any reason that a grown woman can terminate a pregnancy. My neighbor had 5 kids. She was told by the ob another would kill her. It did. That made a big impression on me.
Actually I didn't say anything about shooting someone for knocking on a door. That would be murder. I said a person has a right to defend themselves from bodily harm.

Your neighbor should not have got pregnant again or she should have had an abortion.

My sister-in-law got pregnant and had a misscarriage. The Doc told her if she got pregnant again she would probably die. She had her tubes tied. Seemed like a pretty good idea to me.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM

635 posts, read 538,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't see any tolerance to the Christians who hold to their Christian beliefs.. we are called names by dems just like you.
Tolerance means I don't interfere with your beliefs, not that I like your beliefs.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 PM

2,932 posts, read 3,494,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea conservatives aren't hateful...look at you picking on an elderly man for calling out what a bunch of scumbag bigoted degenerates the Tea Party are. In his day, lots of normal people were Republicans, now if you are tolerant toward gays and non-Christians, good luck getting elected in the GOP
You just proved that you are hateful and you're calling the kettle black?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,161,917 times
I forget, which person called Republicans "hostage takers"?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:47 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,345,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't see any tolerance to the Christians who hold to their Christian beliefs.. we are called names by dems just like you.
Oh, for crying out loud! Most Democrats ARE Christians, FWIW.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,997,046 times
Quote:
First off, I'm not a Republican or conservative. And it is not bigoted to oppose abortion. And President Obama supports abortion in all cases at all stages. He even voted to legalize infanticide 4 times in Illinois. And remeber the fight Democrats put up in the 1990s to keep partial birth abortions legal? But they never support an all or nothing policy. lols. My arse.

And if you think abortion is okay then you are pro-abortion. And since you are denying the chance for someone to live you are anti-life. No way around it. If you support abortion you support the taking of human life so as not to trouble a woman with raising those pesty kids.

And when did I claim these "rights" for my self while denying them to others??????

And is abortion a "right" lols. It's not. It's denying someone a chance at life because it's inconveinent for the mother. Even though there are plenty of people wanting to adopt.

Of course, anyone that doesn't agree with a Democrat is a bigot. Or racist. Or hates poor people. Or hates women. lols. It's all as predictable as the sunrise. Nobody but a freaking idiot believes it either. And people going around saying it sound like moronic jackwagons.

P.S. You might want to look up the definition of bigot. You are using it incorrectly.
That's all nice and dandy. Obviously, you are so emotionally invested in this that you fail to discern an objective post that simply attempts to shed some light on a question that was posted: That to be against abortion is not bigoted but that the way in which conservatives push this issue certainly appears that way.

You also completely failed to understand that claiming rights and freedoms for yourself while denying them to others is not limited to abortion. Instead, it is general fallacy that people like you stumble over every single time: Unless it is a right you agree with or which affects you personally, it's not a right. You believe then, that a person should not have full control over his or her body and all medical procedures that affect it. Instead, you believe that the small government that conservatives praise to the high heavens should take over such domain? Even worse, you fail to see how this is the epitome of hypocrisy? All rights to the mighty male - let them decide which rights women should and should not have. Or are you aware of any legislation trying to limit a man's free choice of medical procedures?

Worse, you don't understand that making women the exclusive target to such exceptions is easily seen to be an attack on a woman's right to her body and all medical decisions that affect it. Which is it: Are women smart enough, adult enough, and mature enough to make medical decisions themselves, or are they too dumb and too immature so that government must make those decisions for them? You can't have both.

Last edited by vamos; 10-02-2012 at 07:11 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,997,046 times
Quote:
LMFAO. The made up "war on women". What a bunh of hogwash. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Politicians like power. In porder to get power in this country they need votes. And lots of them. So why in the world would a politician alienate half the poulation by declaring "war" on them? LMFAO. One has to be a dopey arse Democrat to believe anyone is out to get women. LMFAO.

The make believe war on women is a pathetic and stoopid attempt by Democrats to distract voters from the war on capitalism being waged by the current White House. And we wonder why employers won't spend money or hire people.
Perhaps it is made up, perhaps it isn't - i did't argue either way, now did I? Some people, apparently, see it as a very real issue that has befallen the GOP. Instead, I gave an explanation why so many people think that conservatives seem to attack women. You may not like it, but like me, you are aware of these accusations.

All I gave you was a reason why we are all so familiar with this term. Alas, perhaps one has to be a democrat to perceive this to be a reality. If you are on the side doling it out, you wouldn't know that you are indirectly attacking women because, well, you simply believe that you are doing the "right" thing. Then again, I am not and I am still aware of proposed legislation and outright anachronistic statements - all coming from conservatives - that either try to infringe on women's rights or put women back in the kitchen - where they apparently belong.

I also believe you could have alternated between LFMA, ROFLMAO, WTF, etc. It would have made for much more eloquent writing.

So, why are you taking this so darn personally? Or do you simply not like to learn of/about underlying reasons for the negative perception of the GOP? That would be quite sad: Sticking their collective head in the sand is what got the GOP to the current sad point in the history of its existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies