U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 AM

993 posts, read 365,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Most atheists are evil, otherwise they wouldn't call themselves for an atheist.
They follow man-made law which is unbiblical and full of hatred and violence. If you take a look of what militant atheists have done throughout history, all of it is evil. Atheism was brought up upon the French Revolution, one of the most evil time during history. Mao, Pot, Stalin - all atheists.
Hitler became an atheist and rejected his faith later in life.
Oh, and Torquemada was such a saint, right?
Henry VIII created Protestantism simply so he could divorce his wife...and he had another wife murdered.
Hitler was a Christian
Queen Isabel
Christopher Columbus
Francisco Franco
So was Santa Anna
Slobodan Milosevic was a pretty evil Christian.
So were all those Christians in Salem.
So were all those Catholic Priests who diddled little boys.
In fact, there have been so many evil acts committed by Christians that there are literally entire sections at bookstores dedicated to that very topic. There are websites too...

Give me a break. You people need help. You believe your primitive cult is somehow correct and every other cult is wrong. You people have ZERO evidence that the nonsense you read in that stupid book of your is true.

How am I evil? I volunteer my time helping inner-city teenagers. I never cause harm to another person. I help out strangers in need (example, this weekend at Ikea I saw an elderly woman struggling to move an item, so I picked it up for her and placed it on her cart. I even offered to help her load it into her car). I don't try to force my beliefs on others through law. I don't do everything I can to push a primitive cult and stop progress like a nutjob Christian...

Is my lack of belief in your nonsense cult the only thing that makes me evil?

Quote:
Absolutely not. Christianity has been growing from 0 to 2.3 billion in 2,000 years and is continue to grow rapidly all over the world (exempt slightly decline in western Europe). Islam is also growing somewhat, and all other religions will be the same.

People will seek faith and comfort, especially when economy is in decline partly because of those atheists who want to lead us into unbiblical and ungodly lifestyle forced upon all of us. Atheism has been dying in some communist countries and will continue to decline.
0 to 2.3 billion in 2000 years? You're kidding, right? It's on the decline TODAY, not since the first year the idiotic cult existed. No wonder you believe in such silly fairy tales...you have no concept of logic.

Who is forcing a lifestyle on you? Is someone telling you that you have to get gay married and then have an abortion? NO. So stop complaining already. It's pathetic. You people have tried to force your theocratic nonsense on everyone else for far too long. If you look at most of this country's major problems, they originate in religion. Even the disaster of Prohibition was caused by some Christians without the capacity for intelligence.

Quote:
Actually we are very tolerant and open-minded. If we weren't tolerant, then we would have persecuted the minorities in all Christian majority countries. Don't confuse Islam with Christianity please.
Um, you did.
Are you so ignorant that you never heard of the Inquisition?
Or the genocide of the new world?
Or the Crusades?
Or the massacres in the Lebanese civil war?
Or the Bosnian war?
Or the Salem Witch Trials?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM

4,120 posts, read 2,070,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Oh, and Torquemada was such a saint, right?
Henry VIII created Protestantism simply so he could divorce his wife...and he had another wife murdered.
Hitler was a Christian
Queen Isabel
Christopher Columbus
Francisco Franco
So was Santa Anna
Slobodan Milosevic was a pretty evil Christian.
So were all those Christians in Salem.
So were all those Catholic Priests who diddled little boys.
In fact, there have been so many evil acts committed by Christians that there are literally entire sections at bookstores dedicated to that very topic. There are websites too...

Give me a break. You people need help. You believe your primitive cult is somehow correct and every other cult is wrong. You people have ZERO evidence that the nonsense you read in that stupid book of your is true.

How am I evil? I volunteer my time helping inner-city teenagers. I never cause harm to another person. I help out strangers in need (example, this weekend at Ikea I saw an elderly woman struggling to move an item, so I picked it up for her and placed it on her cart. I even offered to help her load it into her car). I don't try to force my beliefs on others through law. I don't do everything I can to push a primitive cult and stop progress like a nutjob Christian...

Is my lack of belief in your nonsense cult the only thing that makes me evil?

0 to 2.3 billion in 2000 years? You're kidding, right? It's on the decline TODAY, not since the first year the idiotic cult existed. No wonder you believe in such silly fairy tales...you have no concept of logic.

Who is forcing a lifestyle on you? Is someone telling you that you have to get gay married and then have an abortion? NO. So stop complaining already. It's pathetic. You people have tried to force your theocratic nonsense on everyone else for far too long. If you look at most of this country's major problems, they originate in religion. Even the disaster of Prohibition was caused by some Christians without the capacity for intelligence.

Um, you did.
Are you so ignorant that you never heard of the Inquisition?
Or the genocide of the new world?
Or the Crusades?
Or the massacres in the Lebanese civil war?
Or the Bosnian war?
Or the Salem Witch Trials?
Well said! Nunnor obviously invents her own statistics.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I don't need to wish, I know for fact that atheism is on decline worldwide. Christianity and Islam are growing, while all other religion stay the same percentage. Islam is growing due to high birth rate, and it's death penalty for leaving Islam. If Muslims were tolerant and did not follow Shariah, many (if not most) Muslims would have converted to Christianity now.
And just like the "facts" in your silly cultish book of superstitions, your "facts" are completely false

The ACTUAL facts are: Atheism is on the rise worldwide. Note my source being a CHRISTIAN website.

The 10 most religious countries:
Ghana
Nigeria
Armenia
Fiji
Macedonia
Romania
Iraq
Peru
Kenya
Brazil

Yeah, that's a heck of a list there. All ten of those places are utopias, eh?

Here's some more evidence that people are moving away from religion and not towards it.

Most Muslim countries do not follow Sharia law. The whole "you get put to death for converting" is also nonsense. Most people don't want to be either Christian or Muslim. Both religions are stupid, violent and the source of so much terror and tragedy that only a crazy person would ever want to be associated with such insanity.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 AM

50,044 posts, read 42,397,444 times
Quote:
Since the United States is one of the most religious developed country in the world with only 1-3% of the population being atheists/agnostic (Yes, 16% are not members of any religion, but that does not mean they do not believe in God), and this nation being 80% Christian and over 90% believe in God. On top of having very religious people, including large part of the nation being part of the 'Bible Belt', 'In God We Trust' as national motto, religion being part of the politics and daily life - Will Atheism be possibly illegal in the future?

Many young people still are very religious, and in this bad economy many people seek faith and comfort, and many people go to church for help.
Why would anyone even think that? No, did you forget we have a amendment that refers to freedom of religion?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Note that I said 'in general', which does not mean "all".

I've traveled throughout Europe for years, and stayed in some countries for months. I also have cousins living there in both northern and western Europe. I read and watch the media, and American Atheists are spoiled due to the first amendment "freedom of speech". I wish we did not have it!

You wish we did not have freedom of speech?

Wow.

If you like Fascism so much, move to Saudi Arabia. You'll love not having rights or the freedom to speak.

Some people are so undeserving of the right to vote. You are the definition of un-American. You are against the primary tenet of this country.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM

1,880 posts, read 968,860 times
Quote:
Note that I said 'in general', which does not mean "all".

I've traveled throughout Europe for years, and stayed in some countries for months. I also have cousins living there in both northern and western Europe. I read and watch the media, and American Atheists are spoiled due to the first amendment "freedom of speech". I wish we did not have it!
Could the reason American Atheists (the organization definitely...but some others too) are so against religion...particularly Christianity have to do with that, in European first world nations, there aren't that many young earth creationists? In the U.S., there are places where they want to ban the teaching of evolution from schools, and places where they have. If religion doesn't clearly bend facts which affect everyone, why be against it? Why would Europeans be against it? It clearly bends the facts in the U.S. If it bends the facts that much, we can assume it bends people's mindsets in other ways too.

Sound like a reasonable concern? (not that that relates to being against holidays and religious portrayals, just young earth creationist Christianity in general)

I understand why atheists in the U.S. are ticked off....I don't understand why some are against public displays of Christian symbols.

In regards to freedom of speech, Nunnor, if atheists ever become the majority, will you want freedom of speech then?

Old 10-22-2012, 05:08 PM

467 posts, read 302,109 times
Atheism should remain a choice with the understanding that it has *consequences*. I don't think this is well understood today:
“Nones” and Money | The Revealer

Look at the education demographics and you’ll find more evidence for the hypothesis that what these numbers show is economic absence as much as religious absence. 45% of those identifying as Nothing in Particulars (NiPs) have no college, roughly the same as many religious affiliations.

I've seen the rise of pseudo-sophisticated "highly educated" non believers in my time so I understand that some high earning educated types do well without belief. They should realize they may not do so well in future lives, particularly if they use their influence to mislead others.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:47 PM

17,862 posts, read 11,785,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Could the reason American Atheists (the organization definitely...but some others too) are so against religion...particularly Christianity have to do with that, in European first world nations, there aren't that many young earth creationists? In the U.S., there are places where they want to ban the teaching of evolution from schools, and places where they have. If religion doesn't clearly bend facts which affect everyone, why be against it? Why would Europeans be against it? It clearly bends the facts in the U.S. If it bends the facts that much, we can assume it bends people's mindsets in other ways too.

Sound like a reasonable concern? (not that that relates to being against holidays and religious portrayals, just young earth creationist Christianity in general)

I understand why atheists in the U.S. are ticked off....I don't understand why some are against public displays of Christian symbols.

In regards to freedom of speech, Nunnor, if atheists ever become the majority, will you want freedom of speech then?
There are two different types of atheists: 1) The anti-theists, or those who oppose religion in general; and 2) Those who have no animosity toward any religion. It would be a mistake to categorize all atheists as being anti-theist. I, for example, have no animosity toward any religion. I think people should be allowed to believe, or not believe, whatever they want without being derided or ridiculed.
"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg" -- Thomas Jefferson.
As an atheist I am not opposed to prayer in schools, or a Valedictorian referencing a divine being in their speech, because neither violates the Establishment Clause of the US Constitution. Only when Congress enacts a law giving preference to one religion over all others is it a violation of the Establishment Clause. Nor am I offended when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas, even though I do not celebrate the holiday. They are wishing me to be "merry" or "happy." How could anyone take offense to that?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM

24,937 posts, read 18,523,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Atheism should remain a choice with the understanding that it has *consequences*. I don't think this is well understood today:
“Nones” and Money | The Revealer

Look at the education demographics and you’ll find more evidence for the hypothesis that what these numbers show is economic absence as much as religious absence. 45% of those identifying as Nothing in Particulars (NiPs) have no college, roughly the same as many religious affiliations.

I've seen the rise of pseudo-sophisticated "highly educated" non believers in my time so I understand that some high earning educated types do well without belief. They should realize they may not do so well in future lives, particularly if they use their influence to mislead others.
What future lives? You do realize we only have one life, do you not?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 AM

3,111 posts, read 2,356,992 times
No if anything it will be the other way around, especially if we keep drifting left. Communist countries do not approve of religion. They want the people to worship big government, not God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies