Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Soooo... since Obama ACTUALLY signed it into law, that makes him ACTUALLY a dictator, where as Bush and Cheney just wanted to be one?

President Obama Signed the National Defense Authorization Act - Now What? - Forbes
now lets see him try to enforce this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Just like silly Mrs. Clinton who said it was a right wing conspiracy against her husband.. Clinton lies about making his adultery our business, making our oval office a den of iniquity and then lied about it to the American people.
As of right now today Oct 02 12 the little woman is in a deep world of kimshee. It will be interesting to see her wiggle and dance her way out of this one.

Her partner Obama will have to pull quite a show too. I expect to see them both next week on CBS Dancing with the Stars don't you?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Sure, I can definitely see how that situation is connected with the idea that Obama is a dictator.
Oh well let me connect the problem for you. You see we just lost the Libyan Embassy. Our Ambasadore Stevens was raped and then murdered with some of our Marines.

These people had requested more security and got none from Mrs Clinton and Obama. and since then we are losing more Embassies, so far 20 and counting.
It hasn't yet made liberal intellectual news .. because all that is, is lies.... Now the lefty libers don't want any bad news just before Nov 6th because Obama might not win and if he doesn't he might have to declare himself dick tater NOW, and of course that could get him JFKed by the wrong people.

But Mrs Clinton isn't going to get 200 dollars and Pass Go.... Do you believe it but the Muslims have 0 respect for her anyway because she happens to be a woman..... They could care a less what 'she' thinks and of course that goes for all women.

Now Obama is another matter, but he might keep his head so long as he continues to bow to Muslim Sheikhs.

The only problem I see there is that Obama is the Infidel, unless of course he has been hiding the fact he is a muslim.

Are you learning anything by my simple ways in education for you? I am working hard to be at the 6th grade level for you. So is it working?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
This is the same charge the the Repub. used against FDR in the 1930's. The answer of course is term limits for any Pres, as the Repub. pushed through. Maybe its time to put those same term limits on all those in the house, senate and supreme court.
That would be a good idea. Or a Vote the bum out, vote the other bum out and vote both bums out on the ballot.

Teddy the swimmer Kennedy should have been voted out, but now we are stuck with him stinking drunk and still voting from his closet.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM

26,972 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Quote:
I thought people liked a strong President? I mean, one of the bashes against Bush II was that he was controlled by Rumsfeld, Cheney, et al.
Being authoritarian by nature doesn't necessitate a Communist regime.

Authoritarian does not always equate with strong.

See: Bossy, demanding, self centered narcissistic for reference,

Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
As of right now today Oct 02 12 the little woman is in a deep world of kimshee. It will be interesting to see her wiggle and dance her way out of this one.

Her partner Obama will have to pull quite a show too. I expect to see them both next week on CBS Dancing with the Stars don't you?
depends on what is "is"

Old 10-02-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
depends on what is "is"
I agree...... Do we have to glue paper wings on any cigars this time?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You goofs don't know what a dictator is.

The last TRUE dictator in all of history was Julius Caesar and well know how that turned out.

In the English language the term "dictator" does NOT have a positive or negative connotation attached to it - it's the interpretation of those using it who give it that good or bad vibe. The word itself? Not so much.

Obama was fairly elected into office and until I see cold, hard proof suggesting otherwise I will continue to ignore the claims that he is a dictator, czar, or whatever else. He's just more open minded than a lot of you on here.
My Dad and his bro in law were doing their best to put bullets in the heads of ToJo and Hitler. They would have gone for Mussolini, but FDR was running late, and Mussolini's own people strung him upside down first..

Then of course we have a slew of Russians and Chinese, not to mention those silly cute looking N Koreans.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM

990 posts, read 937,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Nobody elected Obama to create new laws by decree. That is the job of Congress, not Presidents.
indeed. He does not create new laws by decree...not any more than any other president in history. Bush invoked Executive privilege 6 times...Obama didn't even do that until he'd been in office more than 3.5 years.

Quote:
Obama was elected to abide by the US Constitution, not to do whatever he pleased.
Oh, you mean like declaring wars without approval of congress? You mean by detaining and torturing people against international laws? Oh wait, Bush did that. Oops.

Quote:
I supported the USAPATRIOT Act, and still do. First, it is an act passed by a bipartisan Congress, not a law created by a President. Second, there is nothing unconstitutional with the USAPATRIOT Act.
Actually, most of the USA PATRIOT Act is unconstitutional...you know, that whole 4th amendment thing about illegal searches and seizures and due process.

Oh yeah, and a federal court actually ruled that (at least part of) it was unconstitutional:

Quote:
A federal court in Los Angeles has declared unconstitutional a provision of the USA PATRIOT Act, enacted six weeks after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. This is the first judicial ruling in the country declaring part of the USA PATRIOT Act unconstitutional. In a decision issued late Friday, U.S. District Judge Audrey Collins ruled that a ban on providing "expert advice and assistance" to terrorist groups violates the First and Fifth Amendments to the Constitution because it is so vague that it "could be construed to include unequivocally pure speech and advocacy protected by the First Amendment.""
Quote:
What do you think he has been doing? Obama has completely ignored Congress (Democrats and Republicans alike) and the courts. You communists may enjoy living under a distatorship, but free people do not.
First of all genius, I'm not a Communist. A Communist advocates for everything to be state-controlled and for society to be highly regulated. I'm pretty much the opposite. I'm a freaking Libertarian, hence my opposition to the USA PATRIOT Act, a perfect example of Fascism and the epitome of what Benjamin Franklin warned us against

Second of all, if the GOP was willing to do ANYTHING other than pout about having to serve under a black man, the president would have no need to find ways around a do-nothing congress.

Of course you can't read and you don't really think too well, so you will merely respond with personal attacks and wild accusations that I'm a Communist because I believe in a flat tax supplemented with a VAT, open social policies (no regulation of personal choices as long as they do not harm others) and open immigration AND emmigration. Yeah, those are Communist policies

Turn off Fox News and watch the BBC or try reading something other than a conservative blog.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:
Sure, I can definitely see how that situation is connected with the idea that Obama is a dictator.
Just a history lesson on what a right wing conspiracy theory is... no theory at all..

Obama is making the American people buy something they do not want or need.. many younger healthy people will have to buy health insurance to take care of the free loaders. Those who get free care will use it to the max too creating more deficits on the taxpayer.. someone has to pay for it and if the younger generation doesn't wake up they will be in the higher tax bracket with no money left to buy anything to keep the economy going..

Obama has created a government entity to eat the peoples money up with Obamacare .and his energy secretary let the cat out of the bag saying he wants gas on European prices... $10 a gallon. higher gas , higher food, higher insurance premiums and then less money to spend out of the paycheck. And people are making less money today.

The next generations will struggle to pay taxes because someone has to pay for all those freebees .. take a good look at Europe.. Spain has 25% unemployment and the younger ones have 50% unemployment.. Greece in bad shape.. why , the spending. The perks given away... now it has hit the fan and there are NO ANSWERS. Do you homework instead of living in Obama la la land.. the checks will have to stop for all these perks... China will not lend to us forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies