Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
News from The Associated Press

He needs to resign now
Did the president who ignored the warnings about hijackers using a plane in a terrorist attack have to resign? More than 4 were killed if you`ll recall. That`s right. Bush did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
really? did you also fail to read the AP article?

We ALL read it and it's OBAMA'S State Department just as it was George Bush's Pentagon when prisoners at Abu Grhaib were allegedly abused.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It's a simple formula for Obama and fans:
Something negative: It's not my fault (or it's George Bush's fault)
Something positive: I did that!
Quote:
really? did you also fail to read the AP article?
Yes, I read it. I had edited to add this right after I posted too early - my bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Among military officers there is a saying: You can delegate responsibility but never accountability. As Commander-in-Chief, our president should be held to the same standard.
But this explains my reasoning and frustration. If something that costs lives occurs on a military commander's watch that was a result of a subordinate's actions, the military commander will still be held accountable. We have had many a friend over the years be relieved of command for a subordinate's actions or lack there of, on things much less grievous than this.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,873,960 times
Quote:
In your zeal to denigrate Obama, can you point out where exactly in that article that says Obama denied requests directly?

Looks like that the requests were sent to the State Department and some members of Congress didn't respond quickly enough to requests.

Fail on your part.
The buck stops with the little fairy princess. He is in charge, he is guilty of murder, lots of murders....

Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
It's the OBAMA State Department!!!
Oy vey, another clueless wonder that doesn't know how our government is structured.

clue: Obama has nothing to do with the State Department. That is wholly headed by the Secretary of State.

DID YOU EVEN READ The ARTICLE?

Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
It would help if you posted a few key quotes from these articles in addition to just a link with a generic name.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
I'm sure all the leaks coming out of the white house are not the fault of Obama either.

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
We ALL read it and it's OBAMA'S State Department just as it was George Bush's Pentagon when prisoners at Abu Grhaib were allegedly abused.
the US State Department is run by many individuals of VARIOUS political beliefs. They are headed by the Secretary of State, who is the sole person responsible for dealing with affairs internally in the US and in foreign countries.

No, you did not read it. And you show yet again, that you don't know how government works.

5,787 posts, read 4,713,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Did the president who ignored the warnings about hijackers using a plane in a terrorist attack have to resign? More than 4 were killed if you`ll recall. That`s right. Bush did it.

Debunked LONG ago. The Congressional Report on 911 proved that untrue.

But IN THIS CASE we have the Embassy in Libya DIRECTLY requesting (not just a possible noise in the intelligence community) increased security and it being denied.

To make your lame attempt at an analogy work, you'd have to show that Bush was TOLD directly that airports needed higher security due to people having actual knowledge that planes were going to be hijacked and Bush denied that increase.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
If you listen to these swooners its almost as if Obama hasn't been president the last four years somebody else has and Obama is running against that person. They are that blinded by their efforts to defend his actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies