Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Black people in America are one of the biggest consumers on the planet

Of course they would be.... The government covers their wants and needs 100%

No surprise here....
You really didn't need to highlight your racism.

Thinking back when I worked I guess all the black people on the train all dressed up and well groomed weren't going to work but heading to the welfare office? Dressed to impress their caseworker???

Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is good news.
Maybe in isolation but when you know Blacks don't produce much, lag in wealth and employment it actually is pretty bad.

I'd be more impressed with the percentages if blacks who own stocks than a consumption stat.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe in isolation but when you know Blacks don't produce much, lag in wealth and employment it actually is pretty bad.
Blacks will always be behind because they never got a head start.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:42 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
When people start these threads, do they actually think there will be constructive debate?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I suppose many black people buy those sports items because their idols are mostly blacks.
Most people on the planet don't want to be poor or at least not be considered poor. Especially in the latter case they tend to buy things that send out the message, I am not poor. That happens in Africa or Brazil as well.
Some people indeed care more about their appearance than others, the reasons for that are complex, but I don't think they have to do with race.
Even in Europe people have different behavior. In Portugal people spend a lot on everything regarding looks and appearance, it's just a different way of life compared to, say, Scandinavia. People in some placed plan decades ahead while in other places they live for the moment.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Where do we see whites jumping for joy screaming about their new obamaphone?

Where do you see whites, tears running down their faces praising obama saying they no longer have to worry about food, phones housing and medical because of their savior?

Do whites harass and destroy white businesses like blacks do in their community?

-NO-
Can you just stop posting her go join join stormfront and move on with your life? You're just racist and stereotypical it doesn't make sense talking to you and the mods need to add a ignore button to ignore you racist right wingers.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Some people indeed care more about their appearance than others, the reasons for that are complex, but I don't think they have to do with race.
AAs and white people are equal in what is spent annually on beauty products. Each contributes about $10 billion a year.

White consumers have the lock on cosmetic surgery - invasive and non-evasive, enhancements, liposuction, facelifts, chin lifts, botox, collagen, implants (breast, cheek, arse), hair plugs. All those self-improvement remedies that some can't seem to get enough of and adds up to about $10 billion a year. Oh, yeah, and let me add hair extensions!!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Can you just stop posting her go join join stormfront and move on with your life? You're just racist and stereotypical it doesn't make sense talking to you and the mods need to add a ignore button to ignore you racist right wingers.
Err, don't you mean "get a life"?? He is so full of hatred for anyone that doesn't fit what he considers to be acceptable regardless of race, religion, politics, lifestyle. Yeah, I think getting a life would be a good start.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM

723 posts, read 2,193,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I suppose many black people buy those sports items because their idols are mostly blacks.
Is this a joke post? Now blacks are the only ones who buy sports gear because they idolize black athletes? Wow. I didn't think they could hold up the entire sports apparel industry but that's impressive. Where do whites get their Yankees & Cowboy threads from? Robbie the crack head?

Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
guys, why are you even entertaining this OP. Its quite clear we have the stormfront segment among us, just quit debating these people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies