U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
 
6,822 posts, read 5,155,795 times
Reputation: 3729

Advertisements

In my little area, it's estimated that 60 percent is on some form of social funding.

While Walmart is making revenue off of welfare revenue off these folks, right across the street is practically a brand new manufacturing plant empty.

Americans are asleep at the wheel. These politician parties have both sold out this country to special interests with a Global agenda.

It is all Biblical Prophecy. Put your faith in the Rock Jesus Christ not sinking sand politicians speaking lies with false promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Reputation: 27566
Well the Fed has said they will subsidize premiums up to 95%. If they don't qualify for medicaid then they just have to pay 5% from insurance from the government pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 AM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,841,538 times
Reputation: 2035
Hopefully the affordable care act is the first step towrds a Govt. funded UHC.
UHC's work and work well and are cheaper than the now "past its sell by date" Insurance run health sysem here.
We already pay a tax for medicare/medicaid system but balk at a tax that would eliminate medicare/aid and give good health care to everyone from before cradle to death regardless of wealth.
Wierd how paying a tax for a complicated system that fails millions is OK but to pay a tax for a universal system for all is wrong....... how does that make any sense?
The unemployed lose their health insurance when they lose their jobs but they still get ill and need health cover.
Employers should NOT be responsible for employees health care. This will lead to higher wages.
Insurance companies should NOT control our health needs.
Wealth should NOT be the criteria for health care.
All of the other industrialised nations do not have this archaic system for their health care. WHY? because it is inneficient and expensive and puts a burden of health care on employers, yet America embraces this awful system.
NO ONE under a UHC goes bankrupt from health care costs and NO Country using a UHC is having this debate about health care because UHC's work for their Citizens.
We pay mandatory taxes for other things but to have a tax for our most important need..... our health.... is wrong here because the Insurance companies are afraid that the mega bucks they earn from people's suffering will not be so mega with a UHC.
The unemployed and employed and employers will ALL benefit from a UHC and no one will have to ever worry about gettng health care or going bankrupt or losng their loved ones or homes because of health care costs, whether unemployed or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 AM
 
36,978 posts, read 16,123,746 times
Reputation: 8409
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Hopefully the affordable care act is the first step towrds a Govt. funded UHC.
UHC's work and work well and are cheaper than the now "past its sell by date" Insurance run health sysem here.
We already pay a tax for medicare/medicaid system but balk at a tax that would eliminate medicare/aid and give good health care to everyone from before cradle to death regardless of wealth.
Wierd how paying a tax for a complicated system that fails millions is OK but to pay a tax for a universal system for all is wrong....... how does that make any sense?
The unemployed lose their health insurance when they lose their jobs but they still get ill and need health cover.
Employers should NOT be responsible for employees health care. This will lead to higher wages.
Insurance companies should NOT control our health needs.
Wealth should NOT be the criteria for health care.
All of the other industrialised nations do not have this archaic system for their health care. WHY? because it is inneficient and expensive and puts a burden of health care on employers, yet America embraces this awful system.
NO ONE under a UHC goes bankrupt from health care costs and NO Country using a UHC is having this debate about health care because UHC's work for their Citizens.
We pay mandatory taxes for other things but to have a tax for our most important need..... our health.... is wrong here because the Insurance companies are afraid that the mega bucks they earn from people's suffering will not be so mega with a UHC.
The unemployed and employed and employers will ALL benefit from a UHC and no one will have to ever worry about gettng health care or going bankrupt or losng their loved ones or homes because of health care costs, whether unemployed or not.
"UHC's work and work". That has been debunked.

If it works so well in England, why do so many people still have private insurance.

If it works so well in Canada, why do so many Canadians come here for care they can't get there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,624 posts, read 16,440,557 times
Reputation: 6348
You're being offensive or racist or something. Don't you know some of those on social funding are on Social Security?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 AM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,650,231 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"UHC's work and work". That has been debunked.

If it works so well in England, why do so many people still have private insurance.

If it works so well in Canada, why do so many Canadians come here for care they can't get there?
Canada does not have the best healthcare in the world. In fact I think they are only like 30th. France has the best healthcare in the world, especially for long term chronic illnesses and general healthcare.

A lot of people come to the US for specialized care because we have some of the best hospitals and doctors in the world.

No system is perfect. But aside from specialized procedures or emergency/trauma type care, I'd take France over the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Reputation: 27566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Canada does not have the best healthcare in the world. In fact I think they are only like 30th. France has the best healthcare in the world, especially for long term chronic illnesses and general healthcare.

A lot of people come to the US for specialized care because we have some of the best hospitals and doctors in the world.

No system is perfect. But aside from specialized procedures or emergency/trauma type care, I'd take France over the United States.
And France is about to go deep austerity with a 95% tax on the wealthy.
Even France can't continue the path they are on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,650,231 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And France is about to go deep austerity with a 95% tax on the wealthy.
Of which are large chunk of the wealthy supported. Your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,781,520 times
Reputation: 2361
Unemployment is income. Those on unemployment are going to have to end their extended holiday which was normally 26 weeks and went to 40-83 weeks and go find a job. They just may have to humble themselves and take a job they once considered "beneath" them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Ohio
19,938 posts, read 14,249,679 times
Reputation: 16116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Americans are asleep at the wheel. These politician parties have both sold out this country to special interests with a Global agenda.
Uh, it is BRIC who are the "globalists" gallivanting around the world doing the Christian things that the US refused to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
It is all Biblical Prophecy. Put your faith in the Rock Jesus Christ not sinking sand politicians speaking lies with false promises.
John 5:31 Jesus: “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true."
John 8:14 Jesus answered,“Even if I testify about myself, my testimony is true..."

Jesus waffles and flip-flops just like a politician.

Biblically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Hopefully the affordable care act is the first step towrds a Govt. funded UHC.
Government funded? Uh, where do government funds come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
UHC's work and work well and are cheaper than the now "past its sell by date" Insurance run health sysem here.
And why are other countries able to have some form of universal health care? There is a reason. Do you know what that reason is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The unemployed lose their health insurance when they lose their jobs but they still get ill and need health cover.
You're very perceptive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Employers should NOT be responsible for employees health care. This will lead to higher wages.
Are you sure?

There are two reasons why employers provide health plan coverage. The first reason is that FDR enacted a Soviet-style Wage & Price Freeze, so the only way to provide more compensation to employees was in the form of benefits, like health plan coverage.

At the time, there were no group health plans, and all health plans were offered through hospitals. You simply told your employer the details of your health plan, and your employer cut a check to pay for it.

That changed with the introduction of tax subsidies for both employers and employees.

Let's time warp to the 1950s to see the tax brackets....

20.0%___ $0 to $2,000
22.0%___ $2,000 to $4,000
26.0%___ $4,000 to $6,000
30.0%___ $6,000 to $8,000
34.0%___ $8,000 to $10,000

...as you can see, taking health plan coverage in lieu of wage increases was cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Insurance companies should NOT control our health needs.
Then who should control them? Government? Because we all know what a wonderful mess government makes over everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Wealth should NOT be the criteria for health care.
Then what should be the criteria? How much does Medicare spend per person per year? That's easy....$13,000

Is that a lot? Does $13,000 per person per year seem reasonable?

That comes to $4.082 TRILLION per year. Do you have that kind of money? And what is the cost over 75 years?

$314 TRILLION.

You can't even come up with $20.5 TRILLION in 2012 US Dollars to pay for Social Security for 75 years through 2090, how in the hell are you going to come up with $314 TRILLION?

Can I get at least one Liberal to answer that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
All of the other industrialised nations do not have this archaic system for their health care. WHY? because it is inneficient and expensive and puts a burden of health care on employers, yet America embraces this awful system.
And why? Tell us why? I'll tell you why, because the American Hospital Association interferes in the health care system with its is Robber Baron Monopolistic Health Care Cartels.

What is stopping America from having an affordable highly efficient, highly cost effective Clinic Model like Europe?

The American Hospital Association who wrote much of Obamacare with the IRS and a few other turds that nobody elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
NO ONE under a UHC goes bankrupt from health care costs and NO Country using a UHC is having this debate about health care because UHC's work for their Citizens.
Uh, they don't have 6 carrier battle groups and 3 amphibious assault groups plying the world's oceans protecting the Petro-Dollar either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
We pay mandatory taxes for other things but to have a tax for our most important need..... our health.... is wrong here because the Insurance companies are afraid that the mega bucks they earn from people's suffering will not be so mega with a UHC.
Insurance companies are not the problem. It doesn't appear you understand the problem. You're like a lot of tin-foil-hat people who constantly whine about the Federal Reserve.

Who creates the annual budget deficits that drive up your National Debt? That would be Congress and the President, not the Federal Reserve.

Who elects the idiot Congress and President who recklessly spends money that drives up the National Debt? That would be you.

The Federal Reserve neither elects the Congress nor the President, nor does it create the budget deficits, but it is left in the position of having to fix the mess that you and your Congress and your President made.

The same is true for "health insurance" (snicker) companies.

The health plan providers are not responsible for the plethora of medical technology that comes to market which drives up the cost of health care; nor are they responsible for the over-use, the misuse, the abuse or the redundancy of such medical technology that drives up the cost of health care; nor are they responsible for the actions of the American Hospital Association who drives up the cost of health care; nor are they responsible government tax subsidies to employers and employees that drives up the cost of health care; nor are they responsible for the perpetuation of the archaic, obsolete Hospital Model that the US uses, which drives up the cost of health care; nor are they responsible for the stupid and unrealistic attitude of Americans toward health care -- feeling good -- which drives up the cost of health care; and they are not responsible for the fact that Americans drive up the cost of health care through their own stupid actions.

But, like the Federal Reserve, they try to fix the problems you cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The unemployed and employed and employers will ALL benefit from a UHC and no one will have to ever worry about gettng health care or going bankrupt or losng their loved ones or homes because of health care costs, whether unemployed or not.
You won't benefit.

The CBO estimates 800,000 permanent job losses. I estimate about 1.3 Million to 1.6 Million job losses initially, with more to follow.

Give how I said (in 2010) your unemployment rate would not be 5% until the end of the decade, and your CBO said "October 2012" in 2010 and then changed that to "December 2016" in 2011, and then changed that to "~2018" in the first part of 2012 and is now saying the end of the decade, I'd pay attention to my estimates if I would be you, especially since I don't use their stupid Birth/Death Model.

Financially...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top