Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Jewish people are not smarter than anyone else. The Jewish people however tend to be better educated because education is stressed in the family quite often.

There are many jokes about, "My son the Doctor, My son the Lawyer", but jokes aside, there is a ring of truth, that makes the joke successful. Why? Again, the importance placed on a good education.

Personally, I didn't make it to college, though I was accepted at 2 very good colleges. I couldn't afford it. I am however well educated, well read, and working in IT, after training myself. I can read almost any text, and as long as I have a foundation on which to build on, can understand and comprehend it. I love reading, and while underway on a submarine, actually read an entire dictionary 2 times.

We appreciate an education, and again, it's normally stressed in most Jewish families.

Knowledge is power.
There are studies that show that Jews are actually more intelligent, on average. Of course most Jews in the U.S. vote democrat...just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Many Jewish families stress education and success as part of their culture.

Jews are taught often not to blindly follow, but ask questions, investigate things and also look for new ideas.

Many inventions and accomplishments have been made by Jews. Jewish immigrants from all over the world managed to transform a desert into an economic paradise (politics aside).

14 million is a fairly large number and there are plenty of Jews who aren't wealthy, powerful, educated, etc. Being Jewish isn't a ticket to wealth or power in and of itself.
Exactly. I actually greatly admire the culture of hard work and success in Jewish families and communities. Not all Jewish people are wealthy and successful but I feel as though proportionately they are perhaps the most successful ethnic group in the US.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Short answer: They have to be. For several thousand years, the world has wanted to see the Jews removed from the face of the earth. Being a credit to the human race has been their defense mechanism.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,545 times
Education, tenacity, general attitude towards life...Lead, Follow or Get out of the way.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Short answer: They have to be. For several thousand years, the world has wanted to see the Jews removed from the face of the earth. Being a credit to the human race has been their defense mechanism.
You are half right.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
Jews have a stronger family unit and are more involved in their childrens lives. Also parents demand excellence of their children when it comes to education. It's really that simple..

Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You are half right.
Better than half wrong.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
Jews live in big cities and often in professions which pay well like media, banking, lawyers, doctors, stock market, Real Estate etc.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bath salt zombie View Post
Okay I keep seeing people say it's because they value education well so do Asians and you don't see the media run by Asians. Lets take Chinese for example they work just as hard in school if not harder. How much influence do the Chinese Americans have on this country have ? It's very little especially compared to Jews, for example Obama has 9 different Jewish advises and about 13 others prior to that.

How many Chinese advisers are there the Obama administration as far as I know it zero. There are 3 out of 9 Supreme court justices that are Jewish and there has been 5 other Jews prior to that. There's never been a single Asian on the supreme court let alone a Chinese person.

The Federal Reserve is run entirely by jews, why isn't it run by Chinese Americans?

Although Jews make up only 2% of the population they represent nearly half of all billionaires in the US. To my knowledge there isn't any Asian billionaires in the US.

So it's not just being smart and excelling academically, Asians do so and yet have nowhere near the amount of wealth/control/influence in this country and again I ask why?
They are not just smart, they are also more creative than other races of people.

Notice how the most brilliant and creative minds of our time like Spielberg, Gates, the Google founders, Zuckerberg, Einstein etc. etc. are all jews.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
They eat spinich?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies