Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And?

The mayor gets to decide how they live?

Let me find my handy copy of the Constitution of the United States of America and check it to see if elected officials get to decide how immigrants live... Hang on a sec.....

Nope.

I'll check the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to see if Somali immigrants are covered... just one more minute....

Yep.

Well, wadda ya know? The Constitution is applied equally regardless of race, creed, color or national origin.

Unfortunately, I don't have the by-laws of that town to see if the mayor has the power to tell people that they have to assimilate and can't live how they choose (unless they're breaking laws like BBQing the neighbor's cat for lunch - put me down for being against eating Puddy Tat for lunch) but I'm going to make a wild stab at a guess, based on the laws of every single town and city in our great country and give that a big, fat "No".
Globalists like yourself won't realize what has happened until it's too late.
"Camp of the Saints" doesn't seem to be that much of fiction these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 01:04 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Of course, they are Black and Muslim. I am sure if they were Lutheran, Swedish immigrants he would have said the same!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh please, if you're going to go that route, native Americans are illegal immigrants as well. They invaded the territory of the buffalo without asking for permission first
So now we equate people with animals?

*COURTESY OF THE RIGHT WING*

Old 10-05-2012, 01:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Globalists like yourself won't realize what has happened until it's too late.
"Camp of the Saints" doesn't seem to be that much of fiction these days.
What UNAmerican things were the Somali's doing?

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that because i can't find any evidence of them doing anything wrong besides being Somali....is being from Somalia a crime now?

It used to be that we looked at people that were leaving their countries looking for a better life through a favorable lens. But now, we should belittle them because of the worst people in their native populations like Pirates?

Speaking of Piracy, should we have barred all immigrants in our history if they came from countries that had citizens that participated in piracy? Because if that's so, i can think of a lot of American citizens that need to leave immediately.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So now we equate people with animals?

*COURTESY OF THE RIGHT WING*
That's not the right. The animal activists are pretty far left.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:24 PM

912 posts, read 1,331,869 times
Assimilate into American culture or leave.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:25 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
"What UNAmerican things were the Somali's doing?"
Besides treating woman like slaves?

Most Asian cultures and Indians are some good examples of cultures who can successfully assimilate without losing their identity, and as a result are the most successful immigrant minority groups in the country. To contrast, Somali and Hmong immigrants are two groups who generally do not assimilate at all, have closed communities, and as result are dismally unsuccessful here.

Last edited by HiFi; 10-05-2012 at 01:36 PM..

Old 10-05-2012, 01:29 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
Assimilate into American culture or leave.

People are going to think we're weak. I have no problem with them having their culture, just don't push it on us. That's what happens, we're supposed to be all accepting. Well, they also need to be accepting of our culture too. They disrespect our culture while at the same time we have to conform to theirs.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
Sounds like the hispanic population they disrespect our culture and force us to learn spanish just to obtain work .America already is weak to the rest of the world by allowing spanish to be so "accepted ".America has millions of immigrants from all over the globe ,so what makes them so special ?Hispanics pushing us around ,next come the somali.

Como?

Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd like to know why people think this mayor telling people what do is so wonderful.
Because their culture is very different. Meaning some elements of their culture are unacceptable in our culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies