Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Yeah, neither do you, this is just the conservative line of the day, but you and all the other Republicans feel free to make up whatever bogus claim you want to undermine the president and the economy. Meanwhile, President Obama will keep on working to make things bettger for the people who have jobs and the people who don't.
Sorry chum, you lose on this one:

This move was so predictible by Democrats that I started a thread early in August about how they would do exactly this.

Read it and learn.

I'm remarkable huh, or the Democrats are just that corrupt!

This Is How President Obama and the Press Will Claim Under 8% Unemployment for Election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ignorance is your best virtue.

Over the past 3 years, weekly first time filers for UE have been in the 360,000-400,000 range. That is every week. This past week was no different. People get UE benefits for 99 weeks, thanks to our President. Had he not jumped it up to 99 weeks, we would have UE numbers in the low 2% by now.

So, we have 380,000 weekly with about 4 weeks in a month. 1.5 million lose their job each month, give or take... right
We agree on that? If not, speak up!

Then you have monthly jobs created. 60,000-150,000 reported each month. Many of them government jobs & part time help. There are some good jobs in there too.
Do we agree, 60,000-150,000 jobs per month have been created? If not, speak up!

1.5 million per month first time filers for unemployment, not including the self employed that have no work.
then let us subtract the (let's be generous here) 150,000 that found work.
Do we agree this is the simple math equation? If not, speak up!

In 2 years of this, how many citizens are out of work? (let's be generous here) 30 million citizens. About 10% of the population. This does not include our children, that are trying to enter the work force.

The only way for UE numbers to even go down with those calculations, is to go back to my first paragraph. People have exhausted their UE benefits and fallen off the governments dole(a good thing for tax payers that are working) and statistics.

Only a puppet for the party, would be cheering that 1.5 million Americans, lose their job each month, or someone that is very ignorant and blind.
Speaking of "ignorant" maybe you should learn what those number actually represent before posting because CLEARLY you don't understand them.

Even in a BOOMING economy New UE claims rarely fall below 300,000/week - and that's been the case for DECADES - through the presidencies of Obama, back through that of the younger Bush, back through the Clinton years, the elder Bush and even Reagan and beyond. In an economy the size of the that of the US there are ALWAYS people losing their jobs. Even in good times some businesses fail (restaraunts for example have a HORRIBLE failure rate) and some downsize. This is the competitive nature of Free Enterprise - there are ALWAYS winners and losers. Most of the time, most of those people get jobs again in relatively short order (because there are also ALWAYS jobs openings in other companies) - all the while while OTHER people are being laid off elsewhere for the very same reasons already mentioned. So, there are ALWAYS people being laid off, there are ALWAYS jobs openings available and there AWAYS people getting jobs - that's the natural state of things and it goes on ALL THE TIME

Look back at the history of new jobless claims yourself. It has almost NEVER falling below 300,000/week - even looking back to the 1980's.

United States Initial Jobless Claims

Again, new jobless claims in the range of 300,000+ is the NATURAL state of the US economy.

The New Jobs Created statistic is an entirely different statistic that shows if there is a NET gain in jobs or a NET destruction of jobs. Jobs are created and destroyed every single day. If 300,000 new jobs are created in a month and 200,000 jobs eliminated (because of failed businesses or downsizing) then the number reported will be 100,000 new jobs. The "new jobs number" is the NET CHANGE in the number of jobs - NOT the total new jobs created.

So, your math is wayyyyyyyyy off and your assumptions just plain wrong.

Ken

Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Speaking of "ignorant" maybe you should learn what those number actually represent before posting because CLEARLY you don't understand them.

Even in a BOOMING economy New UE claims rarely fall below 300,000/week - and that's been the case for DECADES - through the presidencies of Obama, back through that of the younger Bush, back through the Clinton years, the elder Bush and even Reagan and beyond. In an economy the size of the that of the US there are ALWAYS people losing their jobs. Even in good times some businesses fail (restaraunts for example have a HORRIBLE failure rate) and some downsize. This is the competitive nature of Free Enterprise - there are ALWAYS winners and losers. Most of the time, most of those people get jobs again in relatively short order (because there are also ALWAYS jobs openings in other companies) - all the while while OTHER people are being laid off elsewhere for the very same reasons already mentioned. So, there are ALWAYS people being laid off, there are ALWAYS jobs openings available and there AWAYS people getting jobs - that's the natural state of things and it goes on ALL THE TIME

Look back at the history of new jobless claims yourself. It has almost NEVER falling below 300,000/week - even looking back to the 1980's.

United States Initial Jobless Claims

Again, new jobless claims in the range of 300,000+ is the NATURAL state of the US economy.

The New Jobs Created statistic is an entirely different statistic that shows if there is a NET gain in jobs or a NET destruction of jobs. Jobs are created and destroyed every single day. If 300,000 new jobs are created in a month and 200,000 jobs eliminated (because of failed businesses or downsizing) then the number reported will be 100,000 new jobs. The "new jobs number" is the NET CHANGE in the number of jobs - NOT the total new jobs created.

Ken
lordB: all of that sounds great, but you fail to address the big question. Where are the jobs now? The biggest issue is that there are too many people out of work.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Unemployment by me is near 20% with $6 gas in California.
I think the rest of the country is floating around 15%.

We are going to get worse in the future as well. I have a unique glimpse into what will happen a half year down the road, it's called the delivery people. People who deliver stuff that I talk to say their customers are not feeling good about the future and that there is big trouble down the line; also that this was their slowest summer in years for work.

I think Romney will take the faked numbers of Obama though because it will make what he does in office look better.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken

I take it, you don't agree with simple math.

Let me know what 380,000 per week adds up to

Let me know what 150,000 per month adds up to.

Minus one from the other. Simple math, learned in elementary school.
What the hell are they teaching these days? Funny math?

Ignorance, or just a puppet for the party? Where do you fall?

Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

We are going to get worse in the future as well. I have a unique glimpse into what will happen a half year down the road, it's called the delivery people. People who deliver stuff that I talk to say their customers are not feeling good about the future and that there is big trouble down the line; also that this was their slowest summer in years for work.

I think Romney will take the faked numbers of Obama though because it will make what he does in office look better.

Only the rich will be able to have things delivered.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Hmm. Two posters supporting the lie that President Obama manipulated the statistics, with absolutely no evidence, and calling the President "boy".

Does that tell us anything?
When all else fails. When liberals have lost the debate, play the race card.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Albeit the number is manipulated, the average American doesnt know this. So if Romney points this out in the debates it makes him look crazy, even though it is manipulated. The government came to Obamas aid again. No wonder he loves the government so much
The UE number is overrated in fact liberal were making the same argument as recently as last month. If you are working at Starbucks after graduating college you're not going to care the UE dropped a few points.

Obama being thrashed in front of 70 million people will have more of an impact.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Thanks for the "delivery people" insight. It is not surprising though, because the US is hurting right now. If you listen to what Romney is saying then there is hope for a recovery. Obama is very selective when he talks about recent US history. Notice how he references Bill Clinton when promoting a thriving US economy? Nevermind that the economy was also thriving under Reagan, and both Bush's. And, the dropoff(s) during GW Bush's terms can be precicely summed up
a. 9-11-01. and then a nice recovery period.
b. Hurricane Katrina in 2005. And then a (temporary) nice recovery
c. A sharp drop off the economic cliff in 2008. Hmm... note that the dems gained control of congress and senate in Jan 2007. Coincidence? The dems also retained control of all 3 branches from Jan 2009 until Jan 2011. Where was the economic recovery? And, it's not like Obama & Reid have tried to work with repubs during the last 2 years.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Albeit the number is manipulated, the average American doesnt know this. So if Romney points this out in the debates it makes him look crazy, even though it is manipulated. The government came to Obamas aid again. No wonder he loves the government so much

I disagree
I am an adverage american, and I knew this is a bull crap cooked number
that makes obama look like the hack he is
we got a real good look at obama up against what a real guy who is smart as a whip
and has a real desire to make this country work again look like!
More and more folks are seeing obama for what he is
unprepared!!
Look at how obama has been acting the very next day after he got his ass whipped!
Angry, and calling Romney a liar, when we all saw otherwise
No, this makes obama look like he will do anything, say anything, cook any numbers
do get re-elected
the cows have left the barn and the chickens and flying in to roost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies