Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,705,704 times

Advertisements

In 2006 the Democrats and the media screamed bloody murder over the high price of gas. When Barack Obama was inaugurated, the average gas price was $1.87 a gallon. Now that the price has more than doubled, what are the Democrats and the administration saying now? If you guessed that high gas prices under Obama are somehow a good thing, give yourself a pat on the back. The liberal mindset is always an amazing thing to behold.

Remember that Obama said he didn't have any problem at all with high gasoline prices, he only wished they'd have skyrocketed slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,476,322 times
Yep, gas price hyprocrisy is when republicans forget that the price for gas was over $4 a gallon back in 2008 and the only reason it fell in 2009 was because of the near collapse of our economy. I guess conservatives would love to see that happen again.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,994,363 times
I wonder how people feel when they spend all day posting a half dozen or more threads on here bashing Obama, carrying water for the GOP, and they don't even get paid a dime for it.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Yep, gas price hyprocrisy is when republicans forget that the price for gas was over $4 a gallon back in 2008 and the only reason it fell in 2009 was because of the near collapse of our economy. I guess conservatives would love to see that happen again.

Too bad for you this isn't about any of that.

When a Republican is in the WH, high gas prices are a HORRIBLE thing.

When Obama is in the WH, it's suddenly not only a bad thing, but it's a WONDERFUL development.

Liberals are worst kind of hypocrites.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,640,669 times
That's hilarious, yet terribly sad. Especially the part where the low IQ dem says high gas prices are a good thing because it means more jobs are available ( many people quit their jobs because they can't afford to drive, thereby opening more jobs).

Yes, that truly is the liberal mindset at work.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I wonder how people feel when they spend all day posting a half dozen or more threads on here bashing Obama, carrying water for the GOP, and they don't even get paid a dime for it.
Another Liberal showing the world their typical and very predictable penchant for stifling the free speech of anyone who they don't agree with.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM

25,795 posts, read 16,447,729 times
Anyone who thinks that this car culture we have going is sustainable, ESPECIALLY California is nuts. 100 years ago human beings lived just fine and were happy without cars. It's time to move on to the next mode.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,803,134 times
You're talking about how it went down considerably after he got elected? You know it did not average 1.87 for Bush's two terms that's.

Your post are a little more than dishonest. I think you know what I'm talking about. Hard to take you seriously if you're going to lie. Perhaps you just don't know any better, but I think you do.

Anyhow, any adult knows that each party always blames the other for the problems during their party's tenure. Once more they take credit for all the success, even when they are no longer in office.

No one is happy with gas prices. Go out into the real world sometime and stop reading post from far left nutjobs. Most of the country is actually a little closer to the middle.

Assuming you signed up for these forums on the first day of June you have had 345 post a day every day(assuming you post every day) That's a little sad. Go out and get a job. That's your man problem. Get from behind the computer, take some personal responsibility, stop blaming the government for all your failures and get a job or go to school.

I'm sure you're going to tell me that actually you are a very successful business man. That's good!! You can lie to us but not yourself. For you sake, for your families sake, go become a productive member of society, this is self destructive.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,476,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Too bad for you this isn't about any of that.

When a Republican is in the WH, high gas prices are a HORRIBLE thing.

When Obama is in the WH, it's suddenly not only a bad thing, but it's a WONDERFUL development.

Liberals are worst kind of hypocrites.
It is about that because repugs made all kinds of excuses for Bush's high prices but now want to hold Obama for thiese high prices. Conservatives are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,803,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Anyone who thinks that this car culture we have going is sustainable, ESPECIALLY California is nuts. 100 years ago human beings lived just fine and were happy without cars. It's time to move on to the next mode.

I always think so what?

If you're right, and you surely are, won't we be forced to anyways?

Necessity is the mother of invention as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies