Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This country is in worse shape than you know. Better think deeper.
This is what you WANT to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 03:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Do you realize how old and tired this tin foil nonsense is, and how juvenile this makes people sound who use it?

I think the OP was just commenting on his observation of "unusual activity" as opposed to "usual". And probably just checking to see if anyone else had noticed any similar unusual activity.

Of course, these are the things that separate sentient beings from the rest of living things, like house plants, that don't do a lot of thinking. And, given the current state of world affairs, which seem to be imploding on a daily basis, why would anyone consider a increased state of conscious alertness to be such a strange thing?

As we hear of bank holidays and financial meltdowns .... potential stock market crashes and endless talk of more war ... warship standoffs in the Persian Gulf and US Ambassadors being murdered ... upcoming elections and October Surprises ... I just think alertness makes a person seem a little more in touch with reality than tweeting and texting and struggling with the decision about which shade of nail polish matches today's outfit.

But that's just me, I guess.
I agree. Very superficial and immature. High School students appear to practice more critical thinking skills.
Certainly not worth contributing to a discussion over and over imo.

The BDI is not looking so good, however, there is a slight uptick.
BDIY Quote - Baltic Dry Index - Bloomberg

Old 10-05-2012, 03:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are your 'musings' what passes for maturity, according to you mature standards? I would think a mature person would have flagged down the manager, asked their question, and gone on about their day. Stupid is how I would characterize the premise of this entire thread, which is a poster checking with random anonymous people on the Internet what they may think about some irrelevant thing that happened during the course of their day, to see if there is some conspiracy-type shenanigans afoot.

Now were bringing 'Russia' (it was the USSR in the 50s, btw) into this topic. And someone dared mock the poster who quipped about the tin foil shortage.

The Russians who may come across some of these posts must find them quite hilarious. So long as they are 'mature' though, right?
Since you don't like "boomers" you must be quite a bit younger than they are and you are disagreeing with old men who reason from experience and then making fun of one who mentions the 1950s. I started college in 1950 and think there is a chance that I know more about that than you do just from experience. I well remember that Lenin, my God going further back, said that the way to destroy a capitalistic society would always be to inflate their currency to the point where it became worthless. Do you know anything more inflationary going on now than the constant printing of zero backed currency. Lenin must be laughing his butt off down there in hallowed Communist ground at what he and his have accomplished with us.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas inventory

My father manages a retail store.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Fearful prophecy.

It's fearful prophecy which most always makes any crisis worse.

They're coming to get you! Boo!
You didn't see the mention of a man from obviously eastern Europe in that post or did you manage to try to cover it up with this deflection. Anybody who lived through what happened in the 40s and 50s in Europe can see just what Taratova suggested going on in the US right now. Open the eyes and maybe you can see it too.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:26 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

Funny how some people find it easier to believe a conspiracy theory than something as straight forward and logical as stores are making room for holiday merchandise and/or its just the normal flex of seasonal stuff that people like to stock up on for the coming winter. Paranoia is running high in this country.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This is what you WANT to believe.
It is reality how bad the country is doing. Read this.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2012/...perties-are-h/

Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Funny how some people find it easier to believe a conspiracy theory than something as straight forward and logical as stores are making room for holiday merchandise and/or its just the normal flex of seasonal stuff that people like to stock up on for the coming winter. Paranoia is running high in this country.

No paranoia, just being wise. We here in NJ don't stock up. We don't have to . We have grocery stores galore here . Three in one mile area in my neighborhood. We don't have to drive miles so we don't stock up.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

It's a grocery store. Just boxes of food stacked extremely high on the top shelf. No toys, no holiday stuff.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No paranoia, just being wise. We here in NJ don't stock up. We don't have to . We have grocery stores galore here . Three in one mile area in my neighborhood. We don't have to drive miles so we don't stock up.
Wise?

CHRISTMAS is coming. When you shop at Christmas, do you notice how many of the major brands have labels especially for Christmas? Santa Claus on the Coke bottles. Oreo cookies with Christmas wreaths on the label. MM's and the many other candy manufacturers that have special flavors and labels just for Christmas. The specialty candy, and cakes that come out just for the holidays. The stuffing mixes and spice cake mixes. The big displays. It's not a conspiracy. It's the holidays. All that stuff starts getting delivered in late September into October. And they have to put that stuff somewhere. It doesn't fit in their regular storage areas. So they stack the shelves higher than normal. On Halloween, they'll start moving the Halloween merchandise and displays out of the way, putting whatever they have left in clearance. And they'll start putting out the Christmas merchandise. Which groceries, like any retailer, have much of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies