Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,404,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I'm a registered independent and will remain so as long as people like this continue to pop up as representatives of the GOP.
My family was Republican for generations. None of us are now. For a long time, I didn't pay much attention to politics. I just voted GOP because they seemed reasonable. They are no longer in the same zip code as reasonable. They've been taken over by two groups, neither of which contributes to the national interest: neocon chickenhawks who want the US military to make the world safe for US based multinational corporations and semiliterate religious nutters who want to inject the government into women's private parts.

Although I'm now a registered independent, I'll vote against every Republican on the ballot in every election until they regain their sanity. And they're showing no signs of doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
What's scary is he AND Akin are on the science committee REALLY I mean REALLY Talk about taking us back to the dark ages, is there no enlightened folk in the GOP anymore?

No.

They've been shouted down and chased out. What remians is the two footed elephant of chickenhawk neocons and religious freakazoids.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,897,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
My family was Republican for generations. None of us are now. For a long time, I didn't pay much attention to politics. I just voted GOP because they seemed reasonable. They are no longer in the same zip code as reasonable. They've been taken over by two groups, neither of which contributes to the national interest: neocon chickenhawks who want the US military to make the world safe for US based multinational corporations and semiliterate religious nutters who want to inject the government into women's private parts.

Although I'm now a registered independent, I'll vote against every Republican on the ballot in every election until they regain their sanity. And they're showing no signs of doing that.
The largest problem with the Republican party is that, although there are moderates in the Republican party, they must vote as a block otherwise they will be called RINO's and get challenged the primaries by People like this idiot.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,136,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The largest problem with the Republican party is that, although there are moderates in the Republican party, they must vote as a block otherwise they will be called RINO's and get challenged the primaries by People like this idiot.
There are few moderates left in the GOP. There are virtually none in the US Senate. I couldn't even name any remaining in the House. If there are any, they have to pander to these Tea Party dolts. None have the courage to stand up to these morons and reclaim the party to save it from the abyss.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 AM

37,492 posts, read 21,726,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Somehow government representatives got into the TelePod machine from the movie "TheFly" with Bible Thumpers and this is what we get.
So don't vote for him.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
There are few moderates left in the GOP. There are virtually none in the US Senate. I couldn't even name any remaining in the House. If there are any, they have to pander to these Tea Party dolts. None have the courage to stand up to these morons and reclaim the party to save it from the abyss.
Absolutely, Dick Lugar is a moderate, but like I was saying he lost in the primaries to a tea bagger.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,136,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Absolutely, Dick Lugar is a moderate, but like I was saying he lost in the primaries to a tea bagger.
This is what is strange. At the congressional level, Republican voters are now willing to lose to a Democrat rather than nominate a moderate. At the same time, at the presidential level, they will follow marching orders and get behind candidates they clearly do not like, a la John McCain and Mitt Romney.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
This is what is strange. At the congressional level, Republican voters are now willing to lose to a Democrat rather than nominate a moderate. At the same time, at the presidential level, they will follow marching orders and get behind candidates they clearly do not like, a la John McCain and Mitt Romney.
They have been trained that way.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM

10,801 posts, read 14,858,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Somehow government representatives got into the TelePod machine from the movie "TheFly" with Bible Thumpers and this is what we get.
We obviously need better educated democrats in charge.

3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies