Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl2012 View Post
Nojive man. You believe that?
Believe what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I have no proof, just circumstantial evidence. This same thing happened 4 years ago as I recall. One month before the election gas prices went through the roof.

Barely a week ago I filled my wife's tank and paid $4.09/gal. Today I filled my tank and paid $4.65/gal. This has nothing to do with supply and demand. It is pure price gouging to gain a political edge for the Republicans.
How would it serve gas buying, and voting REPUBLICANS to RAISE the price of gas in the weeks before election day? Because everyone just loves paying more money for gas? Wouldn't that do the opposite of what you claim and "benefit" democrats? Seems kinda desperate IMO that you blame it on republicans attempting to gain a political edge.

Quote:
The dramatic surge came after a power outage Monday at a Southern California refinery that reduced supply in an already fragile and volatile market, analysts said, but the refinery came back online Friday and prices were expected to stabilize by next week.

Calif. gasoline prices hit new all-time high for second straight day; jumps 4 cents overnight - The Washington Post

Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I have no proof, just circumstantial evidence. This same thing happened 4 years ago as I recall. One month before the election gas prices went through the roof.

Barely a week ago I filled my wife's tank and paid $4.09/gal. Today I filled my tank and paid $4.65/gal. This has nothing to do with supply and demand. It is pure price gouging to gain a political edge for the Republicans.
Mitt Romney Energy Plan Favors Big Donors In Oil, Gas And Coal Industries

Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,328 times
Average US gas prices STILL haven't peaked as high as they got under G.W.Bush after Katrina. After the post-Katrina peak, gas prices steadily dropped well below a $2 per gallon US average. Politically motivated or not, the fact is gasoline peaked well over $4 a gallon while Bush was in office, then fell steadily during the final months of the McCain/Obama race, and steadily increased again after the election.

They STILL haven't been higher with Obama as president compared to when GWB was president.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Average US gas prices STILL haven't peaked as high as they got under G.W.Bush after Katrina. After the post-Katrina peak, gas prices steadily dropped well below a $2 per gallon US average. Politically motivated or not, the fact is gasoline peaked well over $4 a gallon while Bush was in office, then fell steadily during the final months of the McCain/Obama race, and steadily increased again after the election.

They STILL haven't been higher with Obama as president compared to when GWB was president.
O'comon! look at this!

Gas prices did in fact spike to $5.00 a gallon | MetaFilter

Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:

You are way off the mark on this. The California gas situation is a totally different problem than most of the US. And, Calif. is clearly going to vote for Obama anyway. The much bigger problem is that gas prices are high all across America. Whats even worse is that Obama doesn't care. He wants high gas prices so that he can stick it to the rich people who drive cars. Gas prices are a HUGE drag on the US economy. But why let facts get in the way of liberal policies?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post

Are you serious? yes, gas prices spiked after Katrina... do you know why? Katrina affected refineries and (justified or not) that affects oil prices. Oil & gas gougers were in full throtle for a few days or so. And, you also point to the recoveries after Katrina, and after the 2008 financial crisis. No credit to Bush for bringing down gas prices? Remember that GW Bush wanted to drill for more oil off the US coast? Look what happened to gas prices? And, when the BP oil spill occurred? Obama DID NOTHING!
Where was Obama?

But your savior Obama has not been able to lower gas prices below $3/gallon in years. He hasn't even tried!

Any topic related to gas & oil prices is a LOSING position for Obama.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Wow. I cannot believe the number of people who posted in this thread who clearly lack the slightest ability to detect satire.
Might I add that it of course, is many of the same people who believe Welch's completely unsubstantiated claims about the UE numbers.
Whoosh.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
bulk tin foil sale now on ebay......

Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Are you serious? yes, gas prices spiked after Katrina... do you know why? Katrina affected refineries and (justified or not) that affects oil prices. Oil & gas gougers were in full throtle for a few days or so. And, you also point to the recoveries after Katrina, and after the 2008 financial crisis. No credit to Bush for bringing down gas prices? Remember that GW Bush wanted to drill for more oil off the US coast? Look what happened to gas prices? And, when the BP oil spill occurred? Obama DID NOTHING!
Where was Obama?

But your savior Obama has not been able to lower gas prices below $3/gallon in years. He hasn't even tried!

Any topic related to gas & oil prices is a LOSING position for Obama.
Psssst. wanna know a secret? promise not to tell anyone????!!!!!!!!!!
American presidents don't control gas prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies