Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 11:37 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Don't worry... I only go to church on holidays and maybe one Sunday every (other) month or so, and when going for a wedding, funeral or baptism. So maximum 10 times a year!

Don't assume that having faith and believe in God requires to attend church every Sunday.
I don't see any evidence of the gospel teachings of Jesus Christ in your posts.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Uganda has a higher percentage of Christians than the United States and its a barbaric cesspool. Maybe you should get an education instead of wasting our time with trolling.
Uganda is a barbaric cesspool? Hardly. Except for a few pockets in the far north with leftover LRA and the usual crime you get a big city like Kampala, it is very safe. I felt safer living in Uganda than in towns and cities in the US. FYI Idi Amin has been gone for well over 30 years.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Hitler was not "half-Jewish" and he was never an atheist.

Religious views of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia as a source?

Anyone could edit anything on Wikipedia...

Hitler was born and baptized as Catholic, but later rejected his faith and became a militant atheist.
He did all evil things in the name of atheism, just like other atheist leaders.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:31 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Uganda is a barbaric cesspool? Hardly. Except for a few pockets in the far north with leftover LRA and the usual crime you get a big city like Kampala, it is very safe. I felt safer living in Uganda than in towns and cities in the US. FYI Idi Amin has been gone for well over 30 years.
Any country that violates human rights and thinks killing gays is a good idea, is a barbaric cesspool. Sorry, I consider every nation in Africa to be a disgusting cesspool. Africa leads the world in human rights violations.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Any country that violates human rights and thinks killing gays is a good idea, is a barbaric cesspool. Sorry, I consider every nation in Africa to be a disgusting cesspool. Africa leads the world in human rights violations.
Then I guess you'd better not visit Africa.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Ah, good old freedom loving "Christians".

To the OP.... I give you the best example yet of why we should not have a state religion, most assuredly Christianity. "Keep your mouths shut and never argue with us..."
Respect is a road best traveled both ways.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Wikipedia as a source?

Anyone could edit anything on Wikipedia...

Hitler was born and baptized as Catholic, but later rejected his faith and became a militant atheist.
He did all evil things in the name of atheism, just like other atheist leaders.
There are 109 citations on the bottom of that article. Take a look.

Hitler was not an atheist.

Quote:
"We were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,043,961 times
What would the U.S. be if Christianity was an official religion?

Salem of the late 17th century.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
What would the U.S. be if Christianity was an official religion?

Salem of the late 17th century.
Exactly.

Anyway, how can christianity be an official religion? Church of England (Anglican) is the state religion in the UK (which only means the monarch must be CoE), but there are catholics, presbyterians, a few baptists, etc etc. So how can something so general as christianity be an official religion?

Old 10-20-2012, 04:20 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Exactly.

Anyway, how can christianity be an official religion? Church of England (Anglican) is the state religion in the UK (which only means the monarch must be CoE), but there are catholics, presbyterians, a few baptists, etc etc. So how can something so general as christianity be an official religion?
But Anglicanism is an official religion of the UK. The head of the British state, the Queens, is also the head of the Anglican church.
Is Great Britain such a terible, intollerant place? I take UK over any truly atheist country such as North Korea or Vetnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies