Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
You mean the anti-Americanism.
It can't be called that, when "patriotic Ameriacns", the "real Americans" do it. They only want "their country back" (at any cost).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 01:54 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
You mean the anti-Americanism.

Obama Admits $4 Trillion In Debt Is Unpatriotic!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
You can count pollster Gallup as another observer questioning Friday’s job report, in particular the big drop in the unemployment rate.

In a blog post, Dennis Jacobe, Gallup’s chief economist, writes that he seriously doubts whether the economy created nearly 900,000 jobs in September, as measured by the Labor Department’s seasonally adjusted household survey.

His bottom line: “The Household results should be discounted. … The obvious conclusion is that a new employment measure is needed.”
Do I really need to go and find your posts saying that gallup polls are biased and liberal?

Outliers can happen on the UE numbers as well. Its not that 900,000 jobs were created in a month, it was the previous two months that were revised up, helped bring it down to 7.8, and the temporary worker jobs for the holidays.

Thats what.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do I really need to go and find your posts saying that gallup polls are biased and liberal?

Try if you want to.

I have never said that.

What I HAVE said is that Gallup is the oldest and one of the most respected pollsters.

Only AFTER they were threatened by Axelrod and then "coincidentally" slammed with a bogus lawsuit did I say that their numbers strangely began showing better results for Obama.

I've also said that Rasmussen and Pew were found to be the most accurate.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Quit betting against America. We are recovering. Accept it or feel free to move to Moldova.

Funny-

One cannot "talk down" the economy- it is what it is. If the economy is improving, then more people-

will have full time jobs
will be off foodstamps
will be above the poverty line
will have higher incomes
will have fewer home foreclosures
will spend more money

Don't pi*s down my neck and tell me it's raining. The economy is worsening, otherwise there would have been more than 110,000 jobs created. No Obama propaganda machine can change reality- only a liberal's perception of reality.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Quit betting against America. We are recovering. Accept it or feel free to move to Moldova.
I'm betting FOR America. The genius of our people, the wealth of our resources, the exceptionalism of the nation, the uniqueness of our history, the unparallelled run as the land of the free and the home of the brave...America is unbeatable.

But none of this has much to do with a campaigner who insults the genius of our people, locks up our resources, denies our exceptionallism, seems ignorant of our history, and tramples civil liberties like no other peace-time president.

I'm just saying.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
114,000 jobs is not enough to bring down the unemployment rate. It's not enough to keep up with population growth. That's the number of jobs created last month according to the establishment survey, which is more reliable.

The household survey is very volatile. The UE rate is derived from the household survey - which is basically done by taking a poll and extrapolating the data (and making seasonal adjustments - seasonal adjustments are also made to the establishment survey data). In the July and August reports, there were less people working than before according to the household survey, even though the establishment survey indicated an increase in jobs.

Since libs are so fixated on the household survey now, why don't they stop talking about the "30 consecutive months of private sector job gains" and start talking about how we've just had "one consecutive month of private sector job gains"?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
114,000 jobs is not enough to bring down the unemployment rate. It's not enough to keep up with population growth. That's the number of jobs created last month according to the establishment survey, which is more reliable.

The household survey is very volatile. The UE rate is derived from the household survey - which is basically done by taking a poll and extrapolating the data (and making seasonal adjustments - seasonal adjustments are also made to the establishment survey data). In the July and August reports, there were less people working than before according to the household survey, even though the establishment survey indicated an increase in jobs.

Since libs are so fixated on the household survey now, why don't they stop talking about the "30 consecutive months of private sector job gains" and start talking about how we've just had "one consecutive month of private sector job gains"?

It was the temporary jobs that were created that filled the gap.

Damn, how many times do we have to say this.

Discounting the numbers as false, made up, is a stupid thing. Saying that the numbers are right, but its accounting for part time workers for the holiday, is a realistic assesment of the numbers.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It was the temporary jobs that were created that filled the gap.

Damn, how many times do we have to say this.

Discounting the numbers as false, made up, is a stupid thing. Saying that the numbers are right, but its accounting for part time workers for the holiday, is a realistic assesment of the numbers.
I am not saying the numbers are false or made up. I'm saying it was a statistical fluke.

Seasonal adjustments are done to adjust the data to account for part-time holiday workers. That being said, that wouldn't matter for the September report. The household survey is conducted the week of the 19th of every month. Respondents are asked whether they had jobs the last week (the week of the 12th). People aren't working holiday jobs even now, much less were they the week of September 12th.

The nonfarm payrolls number was 114,000 (seasonally adjusted). That represents the increase in jobs - reported by businesses and governments - from the week of August 12th through the week of September 12th.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I am not saying the numbers are false or made up. I'm saying it was a statistical fluke.

Seasonal adjustments are done to adjust the data to account for part-time holiday workers. That being said, that wouldn't matter for the September report. The household survey is conducted the week of the 19th of every month. Respondents are asked whether they had jobs the last week (the week of the 12th). People aren't working holiday jobs even now, much less were they the week of September 12th.

The nonfarm payrolls number was 114,000 (seasonally adjusted). That represents the increase in jobs - reported by businesses and governments - from the week of August 12th through the week of September 12th.

You keep focusing on the 114,000 though, its not 114,000 its about 900,000 jobs, just that most of them, the lions share, hell 70% of those are temporary, seasonal jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies