Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Politicking gaffe at Pasco County school shouldn't be repeated - Tampa Bay Times
In that instance, a representative of Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic Party supporting President Barack Obama's re-election campaign, gained classroom access because school office personnel believed the visit was to tout voter registration. Similar visits occurred at three other high schools, but in those instances, unlike at Gulf, speakers did not veer into partisan territory. Two other high schools correctly turned away the unauthorized visitors. Organizing for America later apologized for the Gulf High incident and discharged the volunteer.
I'll bet that source won't be thought good enough because it is run by righties or something. It is good to hand sources like this one to the Fox haters though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Do you have something more reliable than a blog? If there was false pretense used, then that was wrong.
Would the link provided over an hour before you posted this one be good enough for you or are you just doing that good old leaner practice I call deflection? Maybe you needed to read a bit further before you got excited.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Actually, I don't troll threads where I watch responses as much as others apparently.

So you have an over overzealous supporter doing something they shouldn't. It is a good thing Reps don't do anything they shouldn't

repub voter fraud - Yahoo! Video Search

VIDEO: Republicans caught committing voter fraud, only registering Romney voters - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

Republican Firm Tied To Voter Fraud Allegations : NPR

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/us...anted=all&_r=0

Personally it is all appalling as it damages our system, regardless of which side is guilty....

any reps want to comment on their folks?
I was doing pretty good with your sources and then you had to come up with the al Times of New York and I decided I didn't want to look at any of them.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
The article said nothing about why Fox News was denied the ability to register students to the Republican party (which really shows Fox's true colors, which is partisan news.) I was hoping to find out why they were denied in that article, I did however notice this at the end of the article.

Quote:
“There was definitely discussion of having a Republican come in for equal access,” Mann told Fox News. “We’re not going in that direction because that would indeed be an additional violation of board policy.

Organizing For America apologized to the school district, the Tampa Bay Times reported. And the volunteer who delivered the pro-Obama speeches has been dismissed.
So it sounds like it was all done in bad judgement and the person who delivered the pro-Obama speech was dismissed, which would make sense, so not sure what the issue is with that if the proper thing happened for a violation like that.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
In general there is no reason to believe something reported by Fox. In this case, the source appears to be Tampa Bay Online, the online version of the Tampa Tribune, which is a legitimate newspaper.

As a local Democratic Party official, I have no trouble saying that the public schools should not be providing unbalanced access to either political party.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times
Quote:
Actually I stopped when I saw the source... find a reliable source and we can talk. I have no interest in commenting on faux entertainment.... I can tell you as one that can register people I will do either while I favor the left for my own voting... More important to me is that people participate in the act of voting... even if they don't agree with me.

You will find on an easy search many on the right that do the same you claim are coming from the left...and not from faux....not that they would report such a thing.
ROTFLMAO, reading the SOURCE, links to the local Tampa Bay news source, NOT associated with Fox news for most of the information.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times
Quote:
Actually, I don't troll threads where I watch responses as much as others apparently.

So you have an over overzealous supporter doing something they shouldn't. It is a good thing Reps don't do anything they shouldn't

repub voter fraud - Yahoo! Video Search

VIDEO: Republicans caught committing voter fraud, only registering Romney voters - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

Republican Firm Tied To Voter Fraud Allegations : NPR

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/us...anted=all&_r=0

Personally it is all appalling as it damages our system, regardless of which side is guilty....

any reps want to comment on their folks?
I also note you failed to observe that as soon as it was found out the company was doing things illegally, they were fired.

From one of your own links,
Quote:
The Republican Party, which paid Mr. Sproul about $3 million this year for work in five states, has severed its ties with him, saying it has no tolerance for voter registration fraud.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/us...nted=all&_r=1&

Last edited by Darkatt; 10-09-2012 at 09:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies