Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It is only an insult if you have a clue about what he is talking about. The constant repetition of his "Saul" and "leaner" comments is so pathetic. His insults have the same impact as some elderly curmudgeon calling me a whippersnapper.

Who is this Saul person supposed to be anyway? Is he some kind of Fox News/Glenn Beck bedwetter boogeyman?
The TParty people are reading Alinsky's book as a guide to try to figure out how to organize. Now that's funny...

Peter Dreier: The Right Wing Resurrects Saul Alinsky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You must really be afraid of Allinsky and his followers to use him as you do.

"You know what you are? You're an Allinsky follower!!'" Is that supposed to be an insult?

You, you.... Empty Chair Person you!!

Doesn't carry much weight does it? About as much as when you try to insult people by calling them an Allisnsky follower, lol. (He's only evil to those who he threatened. The rich. The powerful. You rich and powerful? His goal was to give voice to the powerless. Is that your goal? To silence anyone who uses Allisnsky tactics so they won't be heard? I call that censorship. How about you?)

Oh, And Megan Kelly is VERY good at what she does. Though this morning's rants about Biden got a bit tiring and I turned her program off.
I guess you must get up later than most of us do. I watch Megyn from noon to 2:00 and that is CDT not EDT. You don't even know when she is on and yet say you watch her.

Alinsky's suggestion that when you can take anybody on the other side down with any method like attacks on the messenger instead of the message is the way to go. I wonder if you know much about his methods of taking down those rich people. I say you don't.

When I call you a supporter or Alinsky and any of his community organizers I am saying nasty things to those who use his methods to try to hold up Obama. Hey, if you want to say something bad to me be sure to call me an Empty Chair Person since I liked that so much and it is getting more and more obvious that the head man of the Alinskyites really isn't in his chair anymore.

Do not watch that video because you may see a mouthpiece for Obama getting taken down for his attempts to avoid answering questions just as most of his kind do. Skirting things like that is also very Alinskyite.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It is only an insult if you have a clue about what he is talking about. The constant repetition of his "Saul" and "leaner" comments is so pathetic. His insults have the same impact as some elderly curmudgeon calling me a whippersnapper.

Who is this Saul person supposed to be anyway? Is he some kind of Fox News/Glenn Beck bedwetter boogeyman?
You people Google so regularly that I wonder why you don't just Google old Saul Alinsky. If not you can do it for Rules for Radicals. Just don't add any of your left leaning adjectives if you want truth.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have to ask Roys, why do you attack others and claim "media matters/daily kos" when you yourself use the most far right wing garbage sites around like Beck and the blaze?
I was just thinking the same thing. Some of these people are so blinded by their partisanship, they can't even see that their favorite news sources are openly advocating a partisan point of view.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Rules for Radicals.
Which I've actually read. Yay, me!

Have you?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
You don't even know when she is on and yet say you watch her.
I don't?

Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure that was Megan Kelly I was watching this morning. Blonde woman? Wears really short skirts? Comes on just before Shep?

If that wasn't Megan Kelly someone better call Fox and let them know the aliens have abducted her and put a doppelganger in her place. Oh, noes. The aliens have taken over Fox. (Of course the aliens have taken over the brains of many who breathlessly watch Fox and believe every.single.word.they.say so I can't say this comes as a surprise to me.)

Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,832,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Beck's radical right wing propaganda site? What a joke!

I have to ask Roys, why do you attack others and claim "media matters/daily kos" when you yourself use the most far right wing garbage sites around like Beck and the blaze?
Ok since you want to attack Beck and the Blaze then please share what they have lied about, if not then your attacks are baseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Megyn Kelly is an easy mark. These people just toy with her. You would think she would have learned by now that they all know the Fox game. Fox is nothing but a bunch of hemorrhoidal windbags preaching to the slackjawed choir.
Understand that they repeat alot what they are saying and it can get annoying but they want to make sure everyone hears what they have to say so their is nothing for the libs to spin without looking like the fools they are.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Megyn Kelly is an easy mark. These people just toy with her. You would think she would have learned by now that they all know the Fox game. Fox is nothing but a bunch of hemorrhoidal windbags preaching to the slackjawed choir.
Lol

Old 10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,615 times
Quote:
Alinsky's suggestion that when you can take anybody on the other side down with any method like attacks on the messenger instead of the message is the way to go.
LOL, based on your posts you seem to be the only disciple of this man's work that posts here on a regular basis. Your posts are mainly complaints and baseless accusations against anyone that dares to disagree with you and your right wing heroes. You never attempt to argue the facts, just toss out labels and insults.

Is this Saul person where you learned your tactics?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,615 times
Quote:
You people Google so regularly that I wonder why you don't just Google old Saul Alinsky. If not you can do it for Rules for Radicals. Just don't add any of your left leaning adjectives if you want truth.
What do you mean by "you people"? Was that supposed to be a racial comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies