Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How so?

I am trying to prevent another unneccesary death.

Don't tell me that you think that this girl had no cjoice other then to committ suicide?
Who should she have beat up?

Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I saw the video. There must be laws in place to protect people especially the young people subjected to bullying. This has gone far enough.
I agree, I chose not to watch the video because that would be too painful knowing someone was once here crying for help and got none.

I think laws and policies need to go into effect like you participate in bullying it will be on your record permanently and will be seen by Universities when applying for college. I also believe the authorities need to get involved and give misdeameaors and felonies to prevent lives from being taken. Every individual who participated in her bullying now have blood on their hands. Very sad

Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Dude, this poor girl killed herself because of "words that don't hurt".
I disagree; she killed herself because she was relying on others for her sense of self-worth. Sadly, she demanded too much from others.

I really don't want to make light of the child's experience, but she's gone, and there are other kids out there in the same situation. I seriously think that people should stop raising kids as if people are good.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nobody to blame except the societies that teach their kids to go tell the teacher or mommy/daddy instead of beat the crap out of the person(s) doing the bullying....

People don't have thin skins anymore, they have no skin, and everywhere they touch or reality touches them is course sandpaper......
I usually don't agree with you because you are a hateful pro-car anti-public transportation, big oil ass-kisser, unenlightened Republican but I agree with you 100% on this

1- Parents, where are you? It sounds like this girl had some real winner parents- she was flashing her boobs, going out with older guys and they did not even notice?

2- We live in a society of freaking pansies, where parents are telling kids that they are not parents, they are "friends". What kind of BS is this? Not to mention, the majority of parents really don't want to do what it takes- let the teachers, the I-phone, the Internet be the parents.

Conclusion: these kids are in need of some good ass-whooping, a good kick in the ass would have cured this girl's depression, I guarantee you. This is the typical BS sickness of the mind that you only see in "modern" and "developed" countries

I am sure kids in Africa, South America and the Middle East are not killing themselves over some comment someone made on stupid ass Facebook- these kids need to get their asses kicked more often!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I usually don't agree with you because you are a hateful pro-car anti-public transportation, oil company ass kisser, unenlightened Republican but I agree with you 100% on this

1- Parents, where are you? It sounds like this girl had some real winner parents- she was flashing her boobs, going out with older guys and they did not even notice?

Do you suppose parents are looking at their kids 24/7? How would they have "noticed"?

2- We live in a society of freaking pansies, where parents are telling kids that they are not parents, they are "friends". What kind of BS is this? Not to mention, the majority of parents really don't want to do what it takes- let the teachers, the I-phone, the Internet be the parents.

Huh?

Conclusion: these kids are in need of some good ass-whooping, a good kick in the ass would have cured this girl's depression, I guarantee you. This is the typical BS sickness that you only see in "modern" and "developed" countries

So, beating her would have cured her depression? Is that what you said there?

I am sure kids in Africa, South America and the Middle East are not killing themselves over some comment someone made on stupid ass Facebook- these kids need to get their ass kicked more often!

Why are you sure of that exactly? Sounds tough, but you are totally ignorant about what you claim to "know". I just want you to be aware of that because everyone else already is.

Your points are too simplistic.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is anyone at all understanding that you can't beat up the internet?
The Internet is nothing without the input of sentient human beings.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Very, very, sad.

Kids need to be taught to stand up for themselves. They need to be put in self defense classes and the parents need to be paying more attention to their children's lives, in all areas of their lives.
Blaming the victim?

Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Internet is nothing without the input of sentient human beings.
So who should she beat up? I keep asking , you keep dodging.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
It's the groundwork for government expansion. If a child can be taught to depend on others, they'll become an adult who depends on others. Republicans and Democrats love that because it means money in their pocket.
Everyone depends on others.

Do you grow your own cotton, pick and weave your own cloth, sew it into clothing?
Do you grow all of your own food?
Do you drill your own crude oil, refine it, and use it in the care that you built?

We are all interdependent.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
You can't pass laws governing what people post on youtube and facebook. Nor can you pass laws on how people treat each other.

The real problem is we live in a very shallow and corse society. Mainstream media, pop culture, Hollywood pushes the "in-crowd," agenda, "hey if you're not popular then you're dogsh*t." You have to have a certain look, certain clothes, newest iPhone, all that stuff. Relating to my own experience, as a teenager you don't have the life experiences under your belt or the back-bone to say f*ck all that I'll do what makes me happy I could care less about being popular. When you get older you realize high school is a drop in the bucket in the spectrum of life. Now facebook wasn't around when I was in high school either. People are thought of as disposable, hey so what if you f*ck with someone's emotions, is basically the attitude. Cheating on your spouse or SO is so prevelant today no one has any regard for someone else. Our society is f-ed up if you really think about it. It truly is a tragedy.

There is only one way to stop it. Parents need to go back to the old school, like the dad that shot his daughter's lap top, and start handing out ass kickings when they even think about treating someone else like this. It needs to be done @ a young age, BEFORE high school. I'm all for beating kids. My rear-end got wacked with a wooden spoon or kicked with my dad's shoe many times. I survived. That's what parents need to start doing again
Shooting a computer is not old school, it's being an idiot.
And it's dangerous.

Great parental lesson, don't like it? Shoot it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies