U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 06:53 PM

216 posts, read 360,520 times

Advertisements

here's the link.

My story: Struggling, bullying, suicide, self harm - YouTube

Here's the story:
B.C. girl's suicide foreshadowed by video - British Columbia - CBC News

This B.S. needs to stop....what's wrong with kids these days? I remember kids getting bullied when I was in school but nothing like this.
world is going insane

Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,413,476 times
Nobody to blame except the societies that teach their kids to go tell the teacher or mommy/daddy instead of beat the crap out of the person(s) doing the bullying....

People don't have thin skins anymore, they have no skin, and everywhere they touch or reality touches them is course sandpaper......

Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM

30,693 posts, read 33,456,199 times
I don't know anything about this particual girl or her story beyond what you posted, but anyone using the internet to blackmail, embarass or intimidate another person needs to be prosecuted and/or punished. Knowing you will face serious consequences for doing things like this is the only thing that will make people think twice before doing it.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,413,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know anything about this particual girl or her story beyond what you posted, but anyone using the internet to blackmail, embarass or intimidate another person needs to be prosecuted and/or punished. Knowing you will face serious consequences for doing things like this is the only thing that will make people think twice before doing it.
Yeah, the Internet has become a deadly weapon....

God forbid people get taught to ignore something offensive, that's too much common sense....

LETS MAKE ANOTHER LAW!

Plus it's a great excuse for the government to hire another 100,000 people....

We do know one thing for sure, in this politically correct world an old adage has been lost to antiquity:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me........

In 2012 it's now:

Sticks and stones may break my bones and words will surely kill me......

Last edited by plwhit; 10-11-2012 at 07:23 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,741,639 times
I saw the video. There must be laws in place to protect people especially the young people subjected to bullying. This has gone far enough.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM

1,438 posts, read 979,627 times
Very, very, sad.

Kids need to be taught to stand up for themselves. They need to be put in self defense classes and the parents need to be paying more attention to their children's lives, in all areas of their lives.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,575,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nobody to blame except the societies that teach their kids to go tell the teacher or mommy/daddy instead of beat the crap out of the person(s) doing the bullying....
It's the groundwork for government expansion. If a child can be taught to depend on others, they'll become an adult who depends on others. Republicans and Democrats love that because it means money in their pocket.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,162,378 times
You can't pass laws governing what people post on youtube and facebook. Nor can you pass laws on how people treat each other.

The real problem is we live in a very shallow and corse society. Mainstream media, pop culture, Hollywood pushes the "in-crowd," agenda, "hey if you're not popular then you're dogsh*t." You have to have a certain look, certain clothes, newest iPhone, all that stuff. Relating to my own experience, as a teenager you don't have the life experiences under your belt or the back-bone to say f*ck all that I'll do what makes me happy I could care less about being popular. When you get older you realize high school is a drop in the bucket in the spectrum of life. Now facebook wasn't around when I was in high school either. People are thought of as disposable, hey so what if you f*ck with someone's emotions, is basically the attitude. Cheating on your spouse or SO is so prevelant today no one has any regard for someone else. Our society is f-ed up if you really think about it. It truly is a tragedy.

There is only one way to stop it. Parents need to go back to the old school, like the dad that shot his daughter's lap top, and start handing out ass kickings when they even think about treating someone else like this. It needs to be done @ a young age, BEFORE high school. I'm all for beating kids. My rear-end got wacked with a wooden spoon or kicked with my dad's shoe many times. I survived. That's what parents need to start doing again

Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,636,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

People don't have thin skins anymore, they have no skin, and everywhere they touch or reality touches them is course sandpaper......
This is an awful thing to say. Way to blame the victim. Disgusting.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 PM

192 posts, read 202,185 times
I think it's disgusting that she was basically driven to this by her peers, and then people on YouTube insult her the day she died.

F*ck the human race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies