Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I guess the homosexual is an idiot. He clearly doesn't even understand what happened with the CFA thing.
What, that they use corporate funds to support anti homosexual rights groups?

About sums it up. Its not to difficult to understand. I disagree with banning any company from operating for this reason, or any other, but its been done for all of my life, and from the 60's, where local communities and lawmakers will stop business licenses so that businesses that they don't like can't operate in their hometowns and counties.

Republicans are just pissed about it now, because its someone they support. Its not about some sense of right and wrong, its that they like what CFA stands for, and the groups that they support.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Mountain View, CA decides this week whether to grant a license to CFA. An appeal was filed by one David Speakman, a man in a gay marriage. He's opposing the conversion of the former restaurant site on El Camino Real on the basis of their stance on gay marriage (and the drive-thru).

City officials are recommending the City Council deny the appeal.

Based on the article I think they will approve the project. One member of the council states she doesn't agree with their position but would not make her decision based on it. And an attorney for the Pacific Justice Institute notes its illegal for cities to make zoning restrictions around beliefs deemed politically incorrect.

So much for liberal tolerance. If they build it I guess I might have to pedal down there and meet Repubocrat for a sandwich. Wouldn't want to get fat.
Opponents can't stomach Chick-fil-A's plans in Mountain View - San Jose Mercury News

Speakman acknowledged Cathy is entitled to his views under the First Amendment and that council members cannot simply reverse the permit approvals because they disagree with him. For that reason, he said, the appeal focuses on the restaurant's environmental impacts.

The appeal claims the drive-thru will make El Camino Real more hazardous to bicyclists and pedestrians. In addition, three heritage trees would have to be removed to make way for a sign and a nearby apartment complex would be subject to exhaust and noise from idling cars.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:56 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
I guess the homosexual is an idiot. He clearly doesn't even understand what happened with the CFA thing.
Perhaps you would like to read the actual story before calling someone else an idiot?

http://www.mv-voice.com/story.php?story_id=7965

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula...-mountain-view

Old 10-13-2012, 05:36 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
We hear far more whining from ignorant dummy-spitting tantrumming social conservatives who 'can only have it their way' and don't understand 'the law'.

At least this man understands the relevant laws, which is why he and a group of residents lodged an appeal that has nothing to do with a 'social basis' (whatever that's supposed to mean)

"Speakman acknowledged Cathy is entitled to his views under the First Amendment and that council members cannot simply reverse the permit approvals because they disagree with him. For that reason, he said, the appeal focuses on the restaurant's environmental impacts.

The appeal claims the drive-thru will make El Camino Real more hazardous to bicyclists and pedestrians. In addition, three heritage trees would have to be removed to make way for a sign and a nearby apartment complex would be subject to exhaust and noise from idling cars."
Opponents can't stomach Chick-fil-A's plans in Mountain View - San Jose Mercury News
If the reason is legit then it's fine but it wont be turned down because of a bunch of whining crybaby Homosexuals LOL

Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times
Quote:
Nope they don't get it, they are too paranoid about everybody hating on them. LOL

Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
I just drove past the proposed site. It was a Sizzler. The building adjacent is a Halloween super store. Up the road is a Carl's Jr drive-thru. Up at San Antonio they are working on a major project which includes a relocated Safeway and a large multi-story office complex.

Up and down El Camino is nothing but commercial. His assertion is silly. There are drive-thrus everywhere.

The article I read was in the Daily Post and it didn't mention the same details as the Merc.

It does mention he raised the $1,000 for the appeal filing by asking for donations online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.