Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:34 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times

Advertisements

A president is IN CHARGE. Well, supposed to be anyway.

When you're in charge you attend intelligence briefings. Well, supposed to anyway.

O's inaction, unpreparedness and indifference and lies afterward regarding the whole affair is tantamount to being complicit in it.

Someone please change the locks on the WH doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Exactly. 0bama had to know that after his attacks on Libya, that it was one of the most unstable and volatile places on earth, and yet he did not ensure that those diplomats received the most robust security and protection possible. He also had to know that and that many terrorists caught fighting our troops in Iraq, came from Libya, and that it was a hotbed for terrorists.

Then, after the attacks, 0bama went a month without knowing what happened. we have learned more from a congressional hearing, then the president was able to learn. So either, he did not care to learn the truth, or he knew the truth and hid it from us, or the entire "intel community" colluded together to keep the truth from him.
WHY do you continue to ignore the flow chart for the State Department so you can see how this issue was dealt with?

Department Organization Chart: (image map) May 2012

You have no idea what Obama "had to know."

*than

"In writing, than and then are often erroneously interchanged. In standard English, then refers to time, while than is used in comparisons."
Than - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And once again you try to force ridiculous choices regarding the President.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:

so you are going with the conspiracy theory, that the entire intel community knew the attack was terrorists, and there was no protest, and they all colluded together, to keep truth away from poor 0bama, and let him, and Rice, and Hilary, and Carney all look like fools for a month? Is that what you are hanging your hat on?
Don't put words in my mouth.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:50 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Well I'm glad the excuse has changed from he didn't tell us for security reasons.

I can tell some people are getting frustrated because the grammer/spelling corrections are starting to show up.

I wonder if SHE is able to understand what is meant by big gov't after looking at the chart showing the chain of command. I guess it would work for trying to spread the blame around and probably grew for some similar purpose. To hell with taxpayers...it's only money and much more efficient that way, right?

The problem I have with that scenario is that when we are attacked on our own soil, such as an embassy, there is no question the President would be notified immediately. It is an act of war.

I wonder if you get your intel on an Ipad rather than speaking with someone you could read that and think it's in reference to some game you've been playing online? Maybe Obama didn't realize it was real? How else could you explain him hopping on a plane to go raise MONEY? It could have been his big chance to show the country what he was made of and bring us all together. Remember, let no crisis go to waste?

Well, he sure showed me what he was made of. And to hear any talk of the GREED of republicans would be beyond hypocritical after this.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I'm at a loss too, because the consulate at Benghazi never telephoned Washington to say there were protesters, much less a group of Muslims, mad about a movie. Biden likes to say the "intel community" told him it was a spontaneous movie protest that went badly. WHO in the intel community told him that? The FBI, CIA, NSA, ATF, NASA, the National Action Network? WHO???

Not only, who originally told them the attack was over a movie, but after the first day or so, why did no one in the "intel community" not correct the president and his staff? And Why aren't 0bama and Biden and Hilary mad as hell that they were made out to look like fools for a month???

Apparently, everyone thought Libya was such a peaceful, and tranquil place, where no violence from terrorist groups ever occur, so quite naturally one would assume it was a peaceful protest, by an Internet savvy neighborhood group, who all just happened to surf onto YouTube at the same exact time, and randomly came across the same video trailer.
Are you saying there were NO PROTESTS OR RIOTS all over the Middle East during that time as a result of that "movie"? Is that what you're trying to sell us? There was no protest in Cairo at the same time? Nobody thought Libya was "such a peaceful and tranquil place".......

Obviously you DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS about that "movie." Clearly you are not aware that the "movie" was aired over and over on TELEVISION by a popular TV host in Egypt the weekend before the attack and protests. Geeezzz, you post like you know all the facts, and this is such a big one that you have clearly completely missed. You must admit that TELEVISION has a much, much larger audience than an obscure Internet YouTube.....I admit that. However, in a few days preceding the attack and protests this "movie" denigrating their prophet was hot on TV.

"The offensive film clip was almost unknown -- an irrelevant piece of trash on the Internet -- until a film producer managed to place a tiny item in an Egyptian newspaper. But it wasn't until the TV broadcast that things really blew up. The hosts played an extended clip of the video dubbed in Arabic, pondering what should be done."
Free Speech in the Muslim World? Ask the Egyptian TV Station That First Aired the Anti-Islam Movie - Steve Inskeep - The Atlantic

Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Are you saying there were NO PROTESTS OR RIOTS all over the Middle East during that time as a result of that "movie"? Is that what you're trying to sell us? There was no protest in Cairo at the same time? Nobody thought Libya was "such a peaceful and tranquil place".......

Obviously you DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS about that "movie." Clearly you are not aware that the "movie" was aired over and over on TELEVISION by a popular TV host in Egypt the weekend before the attack and protests. Geeezzz, you post like you know all the facts, and this is such a big one that you have clearly completely missed. You must admit that TELEVISION has a much, much larger audience than an obscure Internet YouTube.....I admit that. However, in a few days preceding the attack and protests this "movie" denigrating their prophet was hot on TV.

"The offensive film clip was almost unknown -- an irrelevant piece of trash on the Internet -- until a film producer managed to place a tiny item in an Egyptian newspaper. But it wasn't until the TV broadcast that things really blew up. The hosts played an extended clip of the video dubbed in Arabic, pondering what should be done."
Free Speech in the Muslim World? Ask the Egyptian TV Station That First Aired the Anti-Islam Movie - Steve Inskeep - The Atlantic
There was ONE in Cairo and NONE in Libya. The Libyan President and the BBC had that "fact" within a few days. I posted as much (from Al Jazeera) and was told I needed to be "loyal to the President" and not be an AQ sympathizer.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Well I'm glad the excuse has changed from he didn't tell us for security reasons.

I can tell some people are getting frustrated because the grammer/spelling corrections are starting to show up.

I wonder if SHE is able to understand what is meant by big gov't after looking at the chart showing the chain of command. I guess it would work for trying to spread the blame around and probably grew for some similar purpose. To hell with taxpayers...it's only money and much more efficient that way, right?

The problem I have with that scenario is that when we are attacked on our own soil, such as an embassy, there is no question the President would be notified immediately. It is an act of war.

I wonder if you get your intel on an Ipad rather than speaking with someone you could read that and think it's in reference to some game you've been playing online? Maybe Obama didn't realize it was real? How else could you explain him hopping on a plane to go raise MONEY? It could have been his big chance to show the country what he was made of and bring us all together. Remember, let no crisis go to waste?

Well, he sure showed me what he was made of. And to hear any talk of the GREED of republicans would be beyond hypocritical after this.
the "then" / "than" mistake drives me nuts. It actually does interfer with reading a post. I'm amazed so many people make that mistake in writing.

You really think the President plays internet games on his iPad? You can explain why Obama continued on with his PLANNED TRIP to Las Vegas, as I have done many times before, by the invention of telephones. And the fact that the President is accessable anywhere by phone, and that Air Force One has phones, maybe even far, far more sophisticated phones than we have these days, and the President is able to continue on with his work while he travels.

I believe the State Department was just as large under the previous Republican administration. So, what, do you want to cut back on that agency so there is an even greater likelihood of less security than needed at our embassies around the world?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:10 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
White House: Obama and Biden were never aware

Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
the "then" / "than" mistake drives me nuts. It actually does interfer with reading a post. I'm amazed so many people make that mistake in writing.

You really think the President plays internet games on his iPad? You can explain why Obama continued on with his PLANNED TRIP to Las Vegas, as I have done many times before, by the invention of telephones. And the fact that the President is accessable anywhere by phone, and that Air Force One has phones, maybe even far, far more sophisticated phones than we have these days, and the President is able to continue on with his work while he travels.

I believe the State Department was just as large under the previous Republican administration. So, what, do you want to cut back on that agency so there is an even greater likelihood of less security than needed at our embassies around the world?
Tiger Woods PGA tour I'd wager

Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There was ONE in Cairo and NONE in Libya. The Libyan President and the BBC had that "fact" within a few days. I posted as much (from Al Jazeera) and was told I needed to be "loyal to the President" and not be an AQ sympathizer.
So there was ONLY ONE protest that night and the next few days regarding this "movie"? There were NOT protests and riots all over the Middle East and beyond? Weren't you totally freaking out during that time period over the violence?

So you want the Libyan "President" to be our only source of information and to take all our intelligence from him?

Btw, what does what YOU were told have to do with whether or not Obama and Biden were aware of requests for more security in Benghazi? You've been licking that wound for a long, long time now, but it is not relative to Obama's and Biden's knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies