Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times

Advertisements

Now, you don’t see this everyday…

CNN nightly host Piers Morgan penned a pro-Romney piece at the Mail Online yesterday.

Quote:
unemployment is still running at a scarily high 7.8 per cent, meaning 23 million Americans are out of work. Meanwhile, the country’s national debt has risen to a staggering $16 TRILLION, up $5 trillion from when Obama took over. Factor in a still severely deflated housing market, and petrol prices double what they were in 2008, and it all adds up to a pretty miserable economic picture.

That’s where Romney can win. His track record as a businessman is better than almost any presidential candidate ever. He also almost single-handedly turned round the fortunes of the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002, after the organising committee turned to him desperate for help.

He sees America as a struggling company, and himself as therefore the perfect person to rescue it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
Well, we know a change HAS to be made....Obama is destroying this country, and unfortunately, it's intentional. He doesn't like America, or what it stands for.

This country IS struggling...we need to get it back on track. We need to abide by our Constitution, and become the strongest, most successful country in the world again!!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,651 times
Well cb at sea....from a virginian living in AZ to a virginian in Virginia...I hope that you go vote. The Old Dominion and the crown jewel of the old south can't go blue again or it will spell destruction for Romney. We'll work to make sure Arizona is a sure thing for the Gov...hopefully yall will to.

BTW...I used to play baseball against colonial forge in Freddyburg quite a bit!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

CNN nightly host Piers Morgan penned a pro-Romney piece at the Mail Online yesterday.
Piers Morgan? yick,

Piers Morgan, CNN host, sucked into Murdoch phone-hacking scandal after 2009 interview surfaces - New York Daily News

Help me Obi Wan Kanobi you're my only hope - YouTube

Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
IF Willard saw the US as a company he wouldn't be so eager to throw more $$$ at the military which produces little/no ROI, eh?

Sorry Piers, go back to some Mitt-Witted reality show, your political opinion is worth what we paid for it, nothing.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 AM

Nice attempt at DEFLECTION NoJiveMan.

Too bad no one falls for that around here.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF Willard saw the US as a company he wouldn't be so eager to throw more $$$ at the military which produces little/no ROI, eh?

Sorry Piers, go back to some Mitt-Witted reality show, your political opinion is worth what we paid for it, nothing.
Was defeating fascism in the 40's and liberating jewish death camps a meager ROI in your opinion?

Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Except Romney only wants to RETAIN the military budget.....not actually INCREASE it.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

Morgan is an entertainer. A Brit entertainer. And someone who managed a media operation that violated a number of laws regarding dirty tricks. He comes from the tabloid background and says and does things to gain attention. He's not considered a serious broadchaster in this country. I liked him very much when he judged America's Got Talent, though. I think you need to find other hero's.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Can't stand Piers Morgan, haven't tuned into that time slot on CNN since Larry King retired.

I can only assume Morgan said this on his show because I can't see the op's post, s/he is on my ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies