U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,907 posts, read 4,834,846 times
Reputation: 8837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. She said her piece during the debate on live TV in front of millions...her "retraction" makes it to youtube.
Her retraction will make more news that what she said during the debate. Just look here. The retraction has gotten at least half dozen separate threads...so far. Wait 'til the sleepy heads wake up. They'll start another half dozen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,647 posts, read 8,879,533 times
Reputation: 1671
Cool hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If not for the Libya attack would he have been speaking on that occasion?
If the answer is "no," he was talking about Libya.

Of course he was. What other reason was there for the President to be in the Rose Garden giving this speech.

Romney got checked, live, on National TV, then sat down by the Moderator and President of the United States.

ROMNEY: I — I think interesting the president just said something which — which is that on the day after the attack he went into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That's what I said.

ROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror. It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you're saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.
CROWLEY: It — it — it — he did in fact, sir. So let me — let me call it an act of terror...

OBAMA: Can you say that a little louder, Candy?

CROWLEY: He — he did call it an act of terror.


4:18

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
 
9,248 posts, read 2,545,518 times
Reputation: 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Oh really? Video?

Here you go;


CNN's Candy Crowley: Romney Was Actually Right On Libya - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,145 posts, read 3,782,767 times
Reputation: 2467
And in Crowley's own words:

Quote:
Crowley joined her CNN colleagues just after the debate concluded, where she was immediately asked about her Libya-related point.
"I knew that the president had said 'act of terror,'" Crowley said. "I heard it ... [Romney] picked that one wrong fact."
Candy Crowley Fact Checks Mitt Romney On Libya (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
 
10,653 posts, read 6,262,605 times
Reputation: 4665
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw her video. She never said she was wrong. I have no idea how anyone can listen to the video and hear it any differently, but then again, I don't live on planet quualude.
That was the grand slam moment of the night and that's why the right wingers in their desperation are doing everything they possibly can to deflect it.

Candy was right

She did not admit she was wrong

Grow up right wingers, Obama won it tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
 
3,406 posts, read 1,282,991 times
Reputation: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Her retraction will make more news that what she said during the debate. Just look here. The retraction has gotten at least half dozen separate threads...so far. Wait 'til the sleepy heads wake up. They'll start another half dozen.

There is no retraction and if you haven't noticed, every thread or blog was started by some wing nut who apparently believes that everyone is stupid enough to believe that Candy said Mitt Romney was right when he told that bald face lie during the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,145 posts, read 3,782,767 times
Reputation: 2467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Her retraction will make more news that what she said during the debate. Just look here. The retraction has gotten at least half dozen separate threads...so far. Wait 'til the sleepy heads wake up. They'll start another half dozen.

What retraction? She never said she was wrong. She did say that Romney was wrong though. And that would make it consistent with what happened.

Candy Crowley Fact Checks Mitt Romney On Libya (VIDEO)

Quote:
Crowley joined her CNN colleagues just after the debate concluded, where she was immediately asked about her Libya-related point.
"I knew that the president had said 'act of terror,'" Crowley said. "I heard it ... [Romney] picked that one wrong fact."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
 
Location: NC
1,672 posts, read 804,254 times
Reputation: 507
Ok Joe Scarborough is a genius. He really is. As he said:

"I'm tired of the GOP being known as being the party of stupid"

The GOP has become the party of "stupid"

The staunch belief in this completely incorrect fact just proves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,647 posts, read 8,879,533 times
Reputation: 1671
"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," Obama said in a Rose Garden statement on Sept. 12. "Today, we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

What do Republicans think he was talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
12,526 posts, read 5,952,368 times
Reputation: 5471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Her retraction will make more news that what she said during the debate. Just look here. The retraction has gotten at least half dozen separate threads...so far. Wait 'til the sleepy heads wake up. They'll start another half dozen.
Do you really think it will matter here? How many undecided voters participate in this sub forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top