Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times

Advertisements

I AM a Christian. Visible outright miracles (like the pillar of fire) are RARE, even during most of the biblical books outside the time Jesus actually walked the Earth. If you have 100 ardent believers today pray for 4 hours then jump off a building you will get 100 sidewalk stains. GOD expects YOU TO DO YOUR BEST **AND** PRAY.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I AM a Christian. Visible outright miracles (like the pillar of fire) are RARE, even during most of the biblical books outside the time Jesus actually walked the Earth. If you have 100 ardent believers today pray for 4 hours then jump off a building you will get 100 sidewalk stains.
That's called "tempting God." A whole different ball of wax..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
GOD expects YOU TO DO YOUR BEST **AND** PRAY.
This I do agree with.

Peace,
brian

Last edited by ahigherway; 10-18-2012 at 06:59 AM..

Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Brian
Discussing religious aspects doesn't belong in this forum but let me say this as to the other aspect of it.
Voting for does not equate to trusting in.
That's why there are systems of checks and balances in our way of government and why people are not elected for life.
With only 2 choices (technically) a great many of us don't 'trust' the one we do vote for, certainly not totally, even for those that might say they do.
Generally it's more a decision to vote for the one that most closely might adhere to ones own prinicples and concepts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I trust in God, and I will vote. The two are not mutually exclusive. One can trust God and vote.
I still don't see how a Christian can "vote." -If they say that they "serve God..."

Peace,
brian

Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Obama calls himself a Christian, but he clearly does not make decisions or support issues based on anything that is found in that religion.

I am not Mormon, but Romney is who has been nominated by the pro-life, traditional marriage faction, so he is best aligned with what Christians believe, based on what the Bible has to say on these subjects, and the teachings of the Bible are what Christians are to govern their lives by.
Romney is pro life when it is cool to be pro life. If he thought he would stand a better chance at winning, if he was considered a satanist, he would claim to be that too.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I still don't see how a Christian can "vote." -If they say that they "serve God..."

Peace,
brian
Do you never make choices between people? Girlfriend, teacher of a class, employer,babysitter for a kid, who you're going to hire to roof your house?

You're making way too much of this.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Do you never make choices between people? Girlfriend, teacher of a class, employer,babysitter for a kid, who you're going to hire to roof your house?
Of course I do. We all make choices like that.
But it is not the same when we talk about choosing "a leader."

Christians ought to be the most law-abiding citizens of any country, if their God is Love. Love is their "leader." -What more can you ask for?

Peace,
brian

Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
No, you obviously don't see it. "Voting", and "serving" are not the same thing.

Maybe one day you will understand.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Of course I do. We all make choices like that.
But it is not the same when we talk about choosing "a leader."

Christians ought to be the most law-abiding citizens of any country, if their God is Love. Love is their "leader." -What more can you ask for?

Peace,
brian
If the "leader" was a person that could unilaterally and immediately make all decisions I might agree that it was more crucial but that is not the case.
Ask Obama.....he constantly says he couldn't get hardly anything done

Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Romney is pro life when it is cool to be pro life. If he thought he would stand a better chance at winning, if he was considered a satanist, he would claim to be that too.
Romney has been both pro-abortion, and pro-life. No one knows what he will be tomorrow.

This particular election is a tough choice for a Christian, because we don't have a solid Christian candidate running. Personally I plan to vote 3rd party.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Yes, it's very funny a religious person would vote. Shouldn't they trust the choice of their God? Voting is to say "I want to choose, and I don't trust the God's choice."

The biggest problem I have with a religious person is his or her willingness and ability or lack of to stick to what he or she believes.

If you can't stick to what you believe, you aren't religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies