Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:05 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,944,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
How about seniors? 47 million of them currently and soon to be 70 million? They don't work no more and they are your mothers, fathers and grandmothers, grandpa. They put in their 50 years on the treadmill and payed taxes every step of the way. Are they now your new deadbeats? We are the 47% that Romney talks about. Seems many seniors on this forum seem to forget that fact. How stupid and blind can so many be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Another one. Geez. C-D is something else. Again, most working Americans work their asses off. This isn't a nation of lazy people by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course, you should know because you're busting your rump just like everybody else. Yea.
I've got no issue with seniors who have in fact done there time (worked) and paid into the system. It's the millions (wait, isn't that what I said?) of folks that have been and continue to be cared for by the taxpayers. The folks that have paid little into the system yet milk it for all it's worth. Unfortunately, folks such as yourselves cannot seem to differentiate between the two types of people.

Time to face the fact, we have MILLIONS of deadbeats that are in fact mooching off the rest of us that sure as hell didn't work their whole lives, not as a result of a disability, but by shear laziness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
No, you need to do some reading the government produces many measures of inflation (many more than two dumbass) and they clearly define what each one excludes. You are a typical think they know it all asshat who is actually naive about that which they lecture others about.
Your grade-school personal attacks aside, the two most commonly used types of inflation indexes are Core and Headline inflation. Additionally, when someone claims the inflation rate to be at or near 2%,and they are excluding the price of energy and food, they are being completely disingenuous, borderline patently stupid.

So don't play angry emo on me

Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I've got no issue with seniors who have in fact done there time (worked) and paid into the system. It's the millions (wait, isn't that what I said?) of folks that have been and continue to be cared for by the taxpayers. The folks that have paid little into the system yet milk it for all it's worth. Unfortunately, folks such as yourselves cannot seem to differentiate between the two types of people.

Time to face the fact, we have MILLIONS of deadbeats that are in fact mooching off the rest of us that sure as hell didn't work their whole lives, not as a result of a disability, but by shear laziness.
*YAWN*

Yet another angry rant about lazy people. Because you know...YOU work SOOOOOOOOOO hard.

Please, wake me up when you have something original to say.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM

I know a lot of lazy people. I work with some. I went to school with some. I have a cousin who is the biggest government-mooching pothead I've ever met. There are lazy Americans as far as the eye can see.

This isn't your grandparents "all hands on deck" work ethic, this is a blatant "take, take, take, I deserve more!" society, and it couldn't be more apparent.

I'm not saying there isn't a working class, because there is. But the unproductive class has been growing for decades, and societal mindsets have gone from having enthusiasm and drive, having a goal and a plan to work hard and achieve that goal, to having a generation with so much antipathy toward government, misguidedly feeling so overwhelmingly persecuted, that they actually resent the notion that one must work and provided for themselves.

You know, some of you may think that "government dependency" is simply conservative rhetoric, but it's not. It's real, and it is a cancer for any society.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I know a lot of lazy people. I work with some. I went to school with some. I have a cousin who is the biggest government-mooching pothead I've ever met. There are lazy Americans as far as the eye can see.

This isn't your grandparents "all hands on deck" work ethic, this is a blatant "take, take, take, I deserve more!" society, and it couldn't be more apparent.

I'm not saying there isn't a working class, because there is. But the unproductive class has been growing for decades, and societal mindsets have gone from having enthusiasm and drive, having a goal and a plan to work hard and achieve that goal, to having a generation with so much antipathy toward government, misguidedly feeling so overwhelmingly persecuted, that they actually resent the notion that one must work and provided for themselves.

You know, some of you may think that "government dependency" is simply conservative rhetoric, but it's not. It's real, and it is a cancer for any society.
Meh...nonsense. This country has always had the same percentage of lazy people that its always had.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I brought this subject up in another thread: Greece told rescue requires 6-day workweek - UPI.com

...and I have to wonder, can it happen here? Can you imagine working an extra day for the same pay you are making with a 40 hr a week job? And that's only one of the "concessions" being forced on them because their government drove them into debt slavery to the internation banks.

Debt is truly a monsterous trap and Greece ran straight into it with reckless abandon. What happens when the trap is spung here?
Yes I can imagine that -- probably will have to do it soon myself. With Obamacare, the health care premiums are rising fast, just to afford insurance is going to require another day of work, and property taxes where I live a rising at rapid rates.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Meh...nonsense. This country has always had the same percentage of lazy people that its always had.
No it hasn't. Government dependency has grown, in some parts of the country, more children are born to Medicaid than are not. In some public schools, over 80% of kids quality for the free meals programs.

The welfare life wasn't always even an option.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Lol, whatever, man.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:40 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You have obviously never looked at anybody's operation but your neighbors.
You do realize that corn and soy are not grown everywhere, right?
Your ignorance of whats grown in Florida is appalling.
One supposes next you'll be telling me that the folks that have all the orange orchards down here, you know, where YOU get your OJ from, that they arent "real" farmers either.
I was chopping cotton in south east Missouri before you were even a gleam in your daddys eye, so dont be telling ME what a real farmer is and isnt.
Child, please.

You wanna Pi**ing match... lets go hon.............
Iam 62 years old. doubt VERY much if you even come close to what I have been through or done.........
At 12 I was working with my father on our farm........that would include shoveling a LOT of that crap you think I never shoveled.Walking soybean fields on hot summer nights with a hoe was basically a "night out"
Starting at 15 I also worked part time in a cheese factory.......Served my year in vietnam......after SEVERAL different jobs,settled into working for the railroad for 37 years.
That means WORKING.........on the railroad tracks. Not in some office...........Replacing ties by hand,replacing rails BY HAND.........no machines until after I had been there for several years......A third of the people i started work with wound up disabled...........
like I said...........your "work" to me is a hobby..........

Old 10-20-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No it hasn't. Government dependency has grown, in some parts of the country, more children are born to Medicaid than are not. In some public schools, over 80% of kids quality for the free meals programs.

The welfare life wasn't always even an option.
The point about welfare is meaningless. Mooching is as old as mankind is.

There is NOTHING new under the sun no matter how much you keep insisting that there is. Americans have been whining about the same crap since they arrived on these shores.

There were lazy ass people on the Mayflower. LOL...deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies