U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 AM

10,653 posts, read 6,449,012 times

Advertisements

The highlight of tonight's debate and the most talked about point is when Obama made the statement "The day after the attack, governor, I stood in the Rose Garden and I told the American people in the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened -- that this was an act of terror -- and I also said that we're going to hunt down those who committed this crime."

Afterwards, Willard rebutted with one of the top right wing propaganda lies that's been making the rounds that Obama didn't state until weeks later that it was a terror attack.

Once the moderator confirmed that Obama, in fact did state it was a terror attack, Obama then said to the extent for her to say it again and a louder, which was a grand slam rubbing Willard's face in a pile of dog crap.

While the democrats were high-fiving each-other, the right wing propaganda machine went ballistic, continuing to spread the lie into insanity mode and attacking the moderator with horrific and nasty comments.

In the end, Candy was 100% correct, Obama did, in fact, state it was a terror attack on the first day.

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube

Keep up the good work with your meltdown rightwingers

Last edited by TempesT68; 10-17-2012 at 12:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 AM

6,515 posts, read 5,030,213 times
I'll second that. I may not be Obama's biggest fan but I patently abhor spinning truth into a lie merely to further dumb down an already dumbed-down populace.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,605,257 times
I listened to it from start to finish. When was the word terror, or terrorist or terrorism uttered?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:04 AM

21,030 posts, read 9,732,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The highlight of tonight's debate and the most talked about point is when Obama made the statement "The day after the attack, governor, I stood in the Rose Garden and I told the American people in the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened -- that this was an act of terror -- and I also said that we're going to hunt down those who committed this crime."

Afterwards, Willard rebutted with one of the top right wing propaganda lies that's been making the rounds that Obama didn't state until weeks later that it was a terror attack.

Once the moderator confirmed that Obama, in fact did state it was a terror attack, Obama then said to the extent for her to say it again and a louder, which was a grand slam rubbing Willard's face in a pile of dog crap.

While the democrats were high-fiving each-other, the right wing propaganda machine went ballistic, continuing to spread the lie into insanity mode and attacking the moderator with horrific and nasty comments.

In the end, Candy was 100% correct, Obama did, in fact, state it was a terror attack on the first day.

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube

Keep up the good work with your meltdown rightwingers

President Obama says in a Rose Garden statement that an investigation is underway. He condemns the attackers and in an allusion to the video he says the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, but all must oppose such senseless violence against public servants.

Clinton issues a statement saying, "There is no justification, none at all, for responding to this video with violence."

White House spokesman Jay Carney insists: "The protests we're seeing around the region are in reaction to this movie."

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice appears on five Sunday talks shows and says the attacks were spontaneous eruptions over the anti-Islam video, saying, "This was not a pre-planned, premeditated attack."

Timeline of Libya attack

Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 AM

29,422 posts, read 8,383,736 times
So the lies continue and the swooners are impressed. What a shock.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 AM

647 posts, read 237,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I listened to it from start to finish. When was the word terror, or terrorist or terrorism uttered?
Here is the transcript of the speech as given by Fox News:

". . .Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourn with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those, both civilian and military, who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.

Today we mourn for more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity. . ."

Fox Insider

Old 10-17-2012, 01:43 AM

12,647 posts, read 9,044,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideshi View Post
i listened to it from start to finish. When was the word terror, or terrorist or terrorism uttered?
4:18

Old 10-17-2012, 02:17 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,605,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
4:18
OK, listened again and at 4:18 I heard it. He did say "act of terror".

Last edited by Bideshi; 10-17-2012 at 02:48 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 AM

10,653 posts, read 6,449,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
OK, listened again and at 4:18 and heard only only a condemnation of senseless violence and disrespect for other religions. Not a word about terrorism.
Look at post 6, the exact statement is there.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 AM

5,039 posts, read 3,708,195 times
I posted this in another thread. [All emphasis mine.]

Here is the timeline of the attack.

"• Sept. 21: Clinton says “what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack,” highest official until then to say so."

"• Sept. 25: In his address to the U.N. General Assembly, Obama doesn’t mention terrorism but makes repeated references to the video. Asked about Clinton’s statement on ABC’s“The View” show, the president skirts the issue by saying: “We’re still doing an investigation,” blames “extremist militias.”'

Prior to this, Obama was on Letterman (9/18) and was still blaming the attack on a stupid video. He did the exact same thing at the UN on 9/25.

It took him around two weeks to actually call it a "terrorist attack" and admit it was unrelated to a video.

Why is this being spun? Because we were attacked again on 9/11 by terrorists, on Obama's watch.

Obama even declared, AFTER the Libya attack, that he had put al Qaeda "on its heels".

Less than two weeks after the office of his Director of National Intelligence publicly conceded that people linked to al Qaeda had been involved in the deadly 9/11/12 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, President Barack Obama declared to a crowd in San Francisco that he had put al Qaeda "on its heels."

On Sept. 28, the office of Director of National Intelligence James Clapper issued a statement indicating that it had mistakenly believed the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans had happened "spontaneously."

All of this successfully makes Obama look very incompetent and right before an election, too.

Talk about propaganda!

Last edited by CheyDee; 10-17-2012 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: added dates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies