U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 AM
 
3,008 posts, read 4,328,641 times
Reputation: 1524

Advertisements

Again, I will ask all straight ticket diehards here in which I know once again the responses will be tumbleweeds and crickets chirping, why when someone brings up something about your ticket, you ignore it and continue to attack the other party?

Lets be real about it, straight party voters tend to be the most hypocritical. Both campaigns lie out their teeth, distort facts and make s#$W up as they go along. Why is it that you personally choose to ignore and drink the kool aid without question but when the other side does the exact same thing, they are the worse thing to have ever happened to society. That's one of the things wrong with our two-party system. Politicians always make it an us vs them and the sad part is they know people are so stupid they'll believe that only our way is the only way. If you feel I am calling some of you stupid, well I probably am if fit that description which I can name names if need be but the Mod probably wouldn't like that.

So which one of you is man/woman enough to answer the question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 AM
 
10,779 posts, read 13,680,549 times
Reputation: 6288
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Again, I will ask all straight ticket diehards here in which I know once again the responses will be tumbleweeds and crickets chirping, why when someone brings up something about your ticket, you ignore it and continue to attack the other party?

Lets be real about it, straight party voters tend to be the most hypocritical. Both campaigns lie out their teeth, distort facts and make s#$W up as they go along. Why is it that you personally choose to ignore and drink the kool aid without question but when the other side does the exact same thing, they are the worse thing to have ever happened to society. That's one of the things wrong with our two-party system. Politicians always make it an us vs them and the sad part is they know people are so stupid they'll believe that only our way is the only way. If you feel I am calling some of you stupid, well I probably am if fit that description which I can name names if need be but the Mod probably wouldn't like that.

So which one of you is man/woman enough to answer the question?
Politics is mostly lies..it's propaganda. I'm an Obama voter but I see through all of his campaigns spin. It's doesn't change the fact that I have basic differences in ideology with Mitt Romney and most of the people that support him that I can't reconcile. It's the lesser of 2 evils.

I can't tell you that I wouldn't vote for a moderately fiscal conservative who also wanted to cut military spending drastically, while not catering to the holly rollers on social issues. I'd never go to the extent of saying that we need to go back to pre-New Deal positions on the social safety net.

The basic beliefs of Paul Ryan are that Social Security and Medicare shouldn't exist in the first place. I'm not sure exaclty what Romney's position is on these things ideologically.

Ryan and Romney claim to be fiscally conservative, but they propose raising military spending. How is that conservative? Is being a Imperialist nation with a huge military "conservative"?

Anyway, adults should be able to distinguish campaign rhetoric from real policy stances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
 
1,751 posts, read 1,027,121 times
Reputation: 848
I'm not a republican or a democrat as I do not care much about either party so perhaps I'm not all that able to answer you properly. But if I were a hardliner I don't think they would give you a reasonable answer as in one of the other threads here I've asked the same question and have never received a reply to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,677,831 times
Reputation: 863
I am a straight line Republican/Conservative voter UNLESS I know something particularly distasteful about the Republican candidate. For example, in my area, there was a man running for an Assemblyman position. I am friends with his former landlady who knew for a fact that he used to beat his wife and abuse animals! I obviously voted for the Democrat for that seat. However, if it is for Judges I don't know anything about personally, I will vote party line because I feel Conservatives/Republicans will render harsher punishments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 PM
 
3,008 posts, read 4,328,641 times
Reputation: 1524
Observer that was a decent answer. Wish the radicals on both sides would chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,309,499 times
Reputation: 3137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I am a straight line Republican/Conservative voter UNLESS I know something particularly distasteful about the Republican candidate. For example, in my area, there was a man running for an Assemblyman position. I am friends with his former landlady who knew for a fact that he used to beat his wife and abuse animals! I obviously voted for the Democrat for that seat. However, if it is for Judges I don't know anything about personally, I will vote party line because I feel Conservatives/Republicans will render harsher punishments.
Judges have party affiliations by their names there. How friggin odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Reputation: 4582
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Judges have party affiliations by their names there. How friggin odd.
ditto.. i am always having to do some research before hand so that I know where they stand on things.. no party affiliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
 
26,701 posts, read 17,331,665 times
Reputation: 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Again, I will ask all straight ticket diehards here in which I know once again the responses will be tumbleweeds and crickets chirping, why when someone brings up something about your ticket, you ignore it and continue to attack the other party?

Lets be real about it, straight party voters tend to be the most hypocritical. Both campaigns lie out their teeth, distort facts and make s#$W up as they go along. Why is it that you personally choose to ignore and drink the kool aid without question but when the other side does the exact same thing, they are the worse thing to have ever happened to society. That's one of the things wrong with our two-party system. Politicians always make it an us vs them and the sad part is they know people are so stupid they'll believe that only our way is the only way. If you feel I am calling some of you stupid, well I probably am if fit that description which I can name names if need be but the Mod probably wouldn't like that.

So which one of you is man/woman enough to answer the question?
If a poll was taken on CD asking if Campaign Finance Reform is necessary and repealing Citizens United was also necessary, I think that it would be the right wing that would argue to keep the status quo. Without change and repeal respectively, there is no chance to have more than a two party system. There are petitions to repeal the insanity of Citizens United, but I get those via email from left wing organizations and representatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2019, 01:25 PM
 
2,677 posts, read 1,072,525 times
Reputation: 5171
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Again, I will ask all straight ticket diehards here in which I know once again the responses will be tumbleweeds and crickets chirping, why when someone brings up something about your ticket, you ignore it and continue to attack the other party?

Lets be real about it, straight party voters tend to be the most hypocritical. Both campaigns lie out their teeth, distort facts and make s#$W up as they go along. Why is it that you personally choose to ignore and drink the kool aid without question but when the other side does the exact same thing, they are the worse thing to have ever happened to society. That's one of the things wrong with our two-party system. Politicians always make it an us vs them and the sad part is they know people are so stupid they'll believe that only our way is the only way. If you feel I am calling some of you stupid, well I probably am if fit that description which I can name names if need be but the Mod probably wouldn't like that.

So which one of you is man/woman enough to answer the question?

Quote:
the sad part is they know people are so stupid they'll believe that only our way is the only way.


Lets call it like it is. Let me put some names to it. Trump's campaign focused on these people as his base.
He knew he could put one past them easily and it worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,887 posts, read 4,351,505 times
Reputation: 1612
I never vote straight ticket, we are fortunate that we live in a place and time where we have some say in who will lead us or what policies our government will pursue. Therefore, I believe it is our responsibility to educate ourselves on who is running. Straight ticket voting is, in my opinion, a lazy voter’s way out.

If you are voting for someone simply based on if an (R) or (D) appears next to their names, remember: Ideaologies have never, not one time, solved any problem. It is people who solve problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top