Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:46 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwilliams View Post
Doesn't everyone on the internet.
No. I don't have any relatives that were tortured or starved in Nazi camps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
No. I don't have any relatives that were tortured or starved in Nazi camps.
We are all related. Those were my brothers and sisters in the camps. They are my brothers and sisters in all parts of the world. The success of the Nazi regime, was the failure of the population to realize that.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
We are all related. Those were my brothers and sisters in the camps. They are my brothers and sisters in all parts of the world. The success of the Nazi regime, was the failure of the population to realize that.
Sure, but there is a difference between your cousin and your 50th cousin being in the camps. My post was more in response to tdwilliams' dismissive remarks.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
Quote:
Sure, but there is a difference between your cousin and your 50th cousin being in the camps. My post was in response to tdwilliams' dismissive remarks.
I know, I used your post to make a point that seems to be list on the more partisan among us. Sorry for "hi-jacking".

Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 AM

201 posts, read 470,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why is this a shock to anybody?

The Nazi era was the darkest of the 20th century. 6,000,000 humans.. including jews and others, catholics, anyone they deemed inferior against their sick plan was experimented on and/or executed.

I toured three concentration camps and the artifacts and documents on display there support everything that has been well documented about the atrocities of the Third Reich.

There were Americans held in concentration camps, children, Sinti-Roma, artists, writers, intellectuals, homosexuals, disabled all tortured and experimented on.

This is NOT NEW INFORMATION. It's only new to YOU.
Period.
You should be careful when you chide someone for not knowing something, when you are so far off on your numbers. 6 million is the number of Jews killed by nazis, but if you ad up all others it is somewhere around 12 million or more.
Just another note most people dont know, read about how Bayer(yes the asprin company) played a roll in the holocaust.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2az2id View Post
You should be careful when you chide someone for not knowing something, when you are so far off on your numbers. 6 million is the number of Jews killed by nazis, but if you ad up all others it is somewhere around 12 million or more.
Just another note most people dont know, read about how Bayer(yes the asprin company) played a roll in the holocaust.
Many people back in the day had dirty hands with the Holocaust. Tho I WON'T blames the people alive in 2012. God and the devil already have most of the bad people. Just like I can't blame teenagers or younger during WW 2 cause they were TOLD what to do by adults.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:

Quote:
Sure, but there is a difference between your cousin and your 50th cousin being in the camps. My post was more in response to tdwilliams' dismissive remarks.
Thank you. Yes, the closest was actually my grandfather who almost died in one of the Nazi camps. My father was born in one of the refugee camps in Europe and I'm first generation American on my father's side.

Edit: thank you also for the nice rep message, it's appreciated.

Last edited by sxrckr; 10-20-2012 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 05:51 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:

A lot of the documentation is dubious at best. I highly question the actual numbers; unfortunately, due to age, propaganda, etc you'll never get accurate numbers or information - 'history is written by the winners.'

If Germany won the war, what do you think they would have been writing about Stalin and the communists? You hardly ever hear about his atrocities.

Or what about the Japanese? Their warcrimes are practically brushed over.

Like soap and lamp shades made out of Jews? Who remembers that myth?

Reminds me of when I was younger in middle school and the teacher told us, and we were reading some book that said the Germans were throwing babies against walls or throwing them up in the air and shooting them... It just makes you question the authenticity of all these tales.

Oh, didn't know I offended you. I know, the horrible things the Nazis did are hard to grasp and comprehend. Even if you are a supporter of their ideology.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Oh, didn't know I offended you. I know, the horrible things the Nazis did are hard to grasp and comprehend. Even if you are a supporter of their ideology.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
If you wish to oppose Nazi ideology this election do not vote for Obama.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times
why bring up the Nazis now?

kind of been and gone already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies