Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM

194 posts, read 296,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Acorn never did any registration fraud. Acorn sorted the registration they had acquired, told the Voter registrar this pile is good, this pile needs looking at.

If I am a deputy registrar and you fill out the card I give you with a phony name, or Donald Duck, I still have to turn the card in. The county voter registration department decides what is real and what is bogus.
In my county we just throw away ballots if the person voted for Democrats, if Donald Duck wants to vote for Republicans he should be allowed to do so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 12:59 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,701,962 times
Liberal Democrats = THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS VOTER FRAUD.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:00 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,025,887 times
Voter ID has -no- bearing on this, so bringing it up here is idiotic.

That being said, I'm glad he got caught.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,170,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What would an ID do against somone who was hired to register voters, but instead threw away the registration cards?
What do gun laws do to prevent knife attacks?
What do jay walking laws do to prevent DUI's?
What do anti cellphone while driving laws do to prevent applying make up while driving?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,384,420 times
Quote:
Acorn never did any registration fraud. Acorn sorted the registration they had acquired, told the Voter registrar this pile is good, this pile needs looking at.

If I am a deputy registrar and you fill out the card I give you with a phony name, or Donald Duck, I still have to turn the card in. The county voter registration department decides what is real and what is bogus.
You are kidding right? ACORN is synonymous with voter registration fraud in over a dozen States.

Fraud Map :: Rotten Acorn ::

Since Democrats had no problem with this kind of illegal activity that has been going on for years, why should Republicans care when one jerk decides to pull the same stunt?

Personally, I think more Republicans should be out there canvasing graveyards and registering the dead, just like the Democrats have been doing for decades.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,707,306 times
Quote:
Acorn never did any registration fraud.
really? you might want to do some reading;

The voter fraud hall of shame: Milwaukee voter fraud conviction makes ACORN

Fraud Map :: Rotten Acorn ::

ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Registration Fraud in Nevada | Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The people whose registrations were tossed will show up at the polls and find out they're not registered.
not really. from the article;

Quote:
The forms were discovered on October 15, the deadline for voter registration in Virginia. Local officials said the forms would be counted and that the incident did not appear to be widespread.
and to the OP, this is much adieu about old news. the firm in question was FIRED earlier this year by the republican party for registration fraud issues in florida and other states. read this from your link;

Quote:
"This individual was an employee of the first firm the Republican Party of Virginia hired to do voter registration before they fired that firm amidst allegations of fraud in other states.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Anyone remember Voters Outreach of America back in 2004, getting caught shredding Democratic voter registration forms?

The Republican party has a long history of trying to suppress the vote, either illegally (shredding registration forms, phone jamming so Democrats can't get a ride to the polls - people actually went to jail over this one), or via the legislature.

Those who scream the latest about preserving the sanctity of the vote are the same ones who constantly get caught trying to suppress it.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM

23,802 posts, read 14,928,654 times
Anybody who can fog a mirror can sign up to register voters. In my state, I can walk into the voter registrars office and help myself to hundreds of cards to pass out on the street, in church or at the grocery store. I can also on my honor promise to be a good girl and be sworn in as a voter registrar. Then go off and set my table up anywhere.

It is the responsibility of each and every county employed voter registrar to bless what I turn in. That is their job. If I took the oath, i have to turn in every card, bogus or not. That does not mean I committed fraud. If I turn in too many bogus registrations the county can decline my services.

When any organization has to pay somebody to get the cards filled out, they need to expect to be scammed.

Last edited by crone; 10-19-2012 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,522,089 times
Wow it actually took 8 posts before someone pulled out the "took out of Dem's playbook".

Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,522,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What do gun laws do to prevent knife attacks? What politician every tried to pass gun laws because of knife attacks
What do jay walking laws do to prevent DUI's? Who ever correlated Jay walking and DUI unless someone was hit by a drunk driver while jay walking
What do anti cellphone while driving laws do to prevent applying make up while driving?
This really make no sense

this had to be satire. There's no way your were trying to answer to how having ID will stop a registrar from throwing out registration cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies